View Full Version : Post Count

mozzer
October 17th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Surely the Flame zone should have no post count. Thats how people can gain post by posting in a unmoderated forum

SyBerWoLff
October 17th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I agree to that, I try to stay clear of that forum.

Googler
October 17th, 2006, 10:12 PM

As do I.

AaronD
October 17th, 2006, 10:38 PM

As do I.

Me too.

mozzer
October 17th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Flame forums are generally bad for the community as it leads to long term angst between members

Nameless
October 18th, 2006, 01:57 AM
On the other hand, flame forums can be very fun and keep the crap out of the regular discussions. It's like if you have an argument with someone instead of carrying it around and being angry at them for weeks to come, you just settle it with one fistfight and then get on with life.

At least, that's what us wise males usually do.

I agree that post count should be disabled there though, probably the same with the jokes forum, or any other 'spammy' forums should the be introduced.

MeTHoD-X
October 18th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Post count is a vanity thing really. If somebody explains to me how I can turn post count off in certain forums, I'll gladly do it, otherwise I have no idea how. I think you need an add-on to do it.

mozzer
October 18th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Turning post count off wont stop people posting there so it will be good in the long run

Fallen Hero
October 18th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I try not to post too much down there. I am game for giving a few jokes, but IFU will get very few comments from me.

SyBerWoLff
October 18th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Classification: 51 Add-On's

MOD Name: Disable Post Count Increase
Author: Xore
MOD Description: This mod enables you to selectively turn off post count increments on each forum

MOD Version: 1.0.1 (updated: 09/23/03)
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 1 Minute

Download File: dpci101.mod
File Size: 5008 Bytes

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=138032

Alice Shade
October 18th, 2006, 05:58 PM
If post count had any meaning, it`s be quite in place for I`m Feeling Unlucky, indeed.

I have to admit being a bit iffy about score of posts I got from there just from trading insults with Savage.

SAVAGE
October 19th, 2006, 08:34 AM
If post count had any meaning, it`s be quite in place for I`m Feeling Unlucky, indeed.

I have to admit being a bit iffy about score of posts I got from there just from trading insults with Savage.

Insults....your joking right, those arent insults...well mine are yours are just weak as piss.

MeTHoD-X
October 19th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Why do you love conflict so much SAVAGE? What do you feel you have to prove?

Keep the flamage in IFU. From now on I'm just deleting flame messages that detract from otherwise normal threads. Why? Because I'm an evil censoring dictator. But seriously, I get headaches from this stuff, so keep it in IFU. It's the reason the forum was created in the first place.

Nameless
October 19th, 2006, 09:24 AM

Insults....your joking right, those arent insults...well mine are yours are just weak as piss.

Dude, go drink a bottle of your own urine. THEN tell us it's weak. :wink:

SAVAGE
October 19th, 2006, 11:40 AM

Dude, go drink a bottle of your own urine. THEN tell us it's weak. :wink:

I do not take in any drugs (medical stuff only) but no asprin, no cola, no alcohol, no juice from the store....only water and fresh squeezed fruit juice (seriously)....I would imagine my piss is pretty weak.

SyBerWoLff
October 19th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Bud, fresh squeezed juices are mostly very acidic... your piss is probobly worse than most peoples.