View Full Version : Reverse sexist?

IHateJesus
October 27th, 2006, 03:16 AM
In your FAQ section where it says "I always thought Google was a male search engine?" In the response is "It's not about us being reverse sexist toward dudes or anything." No. Okay. You can't be reverse sexist unless you're not sexist. Same with racism. Black people not liking white people is still racist. Not reverse racist. The definition of sexism is "Prejudice or discrimination based on gender." -Google. Whether it's a woman being sexist towards a man, or a man being sexist toward a woman, it's just sexism. Not reverse sexism. Seriously, no such thing.

Can Not
October 27th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Instead of being male, female, or asexual, why not declare Google omnisexual?

Jillamanda
October 27th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Fair enough, good point. 'Reverse sexism' is a contradiction in terms and actually sounds more sexist than 'sexism'.

Same with racism. Black people not liking white people is still racist. Not reverse racist.

I agree with you here too, but it's amazing how often you hear the term 'reverse racism' applied when a white person is the victim. It's as if only white people can be racist. Ask anyone what they think of when they hear the word 'racist', and I'll bet my bottom dollar it's white people.

Fallen Hero
October 27th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Historical reason for that, not at all correct. I try to think of specific names of people when asked that question.