View Full Version : Confession Hall

DSarathy
November 8th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Hi All,

I guess having a confession hall for a church makes sense. What do you say?

D Sarathy.
RankQuest

Alice Shade
November 8th, 2006, 11:27 AM
It would.

If we had any sins to confess.

But seeing, as Googlism does not operates through forbidding, confession hall quickly loses most of it`s appeal.
Honestly.... What would one confess there, if everything is at their own judgement?

GeoffBoulton
November 8th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I have a confession. I once believed that Father Christmas, Fairies, Unicorns and God were all real. But that was in 1964 when I was 4 years old. I've grown up since then though and, of course, Google has been invented too ;)

Seriously though, there's very little need for a confessional. We believe people are free to make their own minds up about what is right and what is wrong. There is very little that we would consider a 'sin' that would therefore need confessing.

Sexual preferences involving children is one obvious exception that would require immediate ex-communication from our church and your being reported to the police. There's no hiding behind the 'sanctity' of the confession booth over this one in OUR church!

However, if someone wants to get something off their mind, and give us a good laugh into the bargain, then hey, why the hell not! ;)

MeTHoD-X
November 8th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Pray to Google and you will find your confession hall.

http://grouphug.us/

jon_hill987
November 8th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Google forgive me for I have sinned; I used "live" search.

(It wasn't my fault really, normally I just type the name of the site (eg: hotmail for www.hotmail.com) into the address bar and let firefox do the rest for me. I was on another computer that only had IE, well you can guess the rest...

DSarathy
November 8th, 2006, 03:52 PM
The following reasons validates having confession hall.

1. Having a confession hall does not mean that we expect a lot of sinners to confess there. It is just an option like in any other Church. In fact we would be in a better position to validate itís purpose (that there is no need for a confession hall) after seeing the reception of confession hall from the community.
2. If we have a Satan, why not have confession hall?
3. Always sin need not be the ones, which are committed deliberately. There are sins, which are committed unknowingly. Probably for this the confession hall would help as well.
4. Excluding what we had mentioned, the word 'sin' is already mentioned in the forums 29 times and one time in one of our prayers by Larry Gagnon
Hail Google, full of hits.
Our searches are with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst search engines,
and blessed is the fruit of thy servers.

Holy Google, Mother of Searches.
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our disk crash.
Amen.

What would one confess there, if everything is at their own judgement?
If everything is at their own judgement then the existence of the God become insignificant.
6. Confession refers to the acknoledgement of a violation of a belief. Do all of us agree that we all adhere all the guidelines mentioned by our God - Google ?

Though I wish and want no one using confession hall, but still feel that we need to have one to validate this.

D Sarathy.
RankQuest

Fallen Hero
November 8th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Pray to Google and you will find your confession hall.

http://grouphug.us/ Gah! No, that place is fucked up. I have seen it before and DO NOT GO THERE (also note, 18+ with some illegal content: ie. incest and child sex stories. Also mostly made up crap) I repeat DO NOT EVER GO THERE

Googler
November 8th, 2006, 08:49 PM
DSarathy is see your point, but because you are not punished for your sins we don't really need a confession hall in my opinion.

AaronD
November 9th, 2006, 05:07 AM
I disagree with confession halls entirely. The only point they serve is to try and make you feel guilty for mere FEELINGS or THOUGHTS which you cannot control, not only actions. I think that a confession hall would be very out of place in any open community where anything you don't want to tell anybody about you keep to yourself, anything meant for one specific person reaches that person through email, IM, or PM, and anything else is meant for everyone to view.

Jillamanda
November 9th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Yep, I agree. Confession is one of the worst aspects of religion - we don't want it here. Of course, if someone wants to confess something to the whole board, then they are free to do so. But no Googlist should ever feel pressure to confess anything.