View Full Version : a thought or two

vaskafdt
December 12th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Hello I'm new to this religion (I only converted yesterday from total atheism to googlism, I'M A BELIEVER NOW)

And I had a few thoughts I'd like to share

Do googlism have martyrs and saints?
Is Bill Gates the Antichrist (I know that Google have nothing in common with Christ himself) but by Antichrist i mean that if Google is god and Microsoft is Satan then isn't Gates Satan's incarnation "the beast "

and what is the googlist approach to elgooG cannot it be considered as blasphemy to the word of Google because it reverses the holy words or is it a lesser incarnation of the mighty Google

just pondering about it
what do you all think?

Alice Shade
December 12th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Eh...

Being too close to Christian canons.

Personally, I`m a satanist in addition to googlism, and those two go along extremely fine.

Gates&Microsoft are the evil side of the internet, as they do their best to restrict and sort out information per their own ideas, and not as we ourselves want. (DRM, anyone? I`ve stopped using WM* formats altogether at all, because I can`t be bothered to connect to the net each time I want to hear my own record. (Not to mention, that good old VBR MP3 or OGG beats WMA by all parameters now, with that inane encoding.) And I won`t even go into the mess that`s surrounding MSN.)

There is no explicit religious background to Gates being somehow nasty or bad as a person. He just symbolises the company, which, while coexisting with Google`s free information provision, does it`s best to limit such to their own ideas. Steve Jobs is about as much of "antichrist" as Gates, with iPod CRAZY ideas of DRM and downloading everything.

Erasmus
December 12th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Personally, I`m a satanist in addition to googlism, and those two go along extremely fine..

You believe in Satan?

Alice Shade
December 12th, 2006, 05:39 PM
/me faceslaps.

Erasmus, PLEASE, do some research, before asking. That`s almost offencive.

In crudest terms possible, Satanism is a philosophy, which states, that everyone has "beast within" - aka, bundle of on instincits, quirks, desires, opinions and urges. The idea lies in indulging the beast within as much as you can - and thus, live happily.

Check my article about different religions - I`ve detailed on Satanism there as well.

vaskafdt
December 12th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Eh...
There is no explicit religious background to Gates being somehow nasty or bad as a person.

well.....

there was a Simpson's episode where
homer posted an ad on the net for a company called CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet

in this episode bill gates came to the Simpson's house and tells him that he is going to buy his company. Homer is thrilled because he is about to get rich and then gates turns to speak with two big brutes who came with him and orders "Buy 'em out, boys!"

bill 's goons start to trash the place

bill gates laughs and says "Oh, I didn't get rich by writing a lot of checks!
"

is that close enough to explicit religious background?

Alice Shade
December 12th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Ugh.

Man, grow up.

It`s a freaking cartoon, for crying out loud!

Yes, B.G. is not a chaste angel in white clothes, but damn, there`s ton of people worth then him.

vaskafdt
December 12th, 2006, 06:23 PM
just like you follow satanism

I have a strong believe that satiric cartoons often convey a path to truth and enlightenment that include the Simpson's, Futurama, South Park, Family Guy, American Dad and a few more

i can easily point many bad and stupid things about satanism but I also appreciate the way you portrayed it about the inner beast conflict you actually have me interested in it and i will look up the post about religions that you have wrote about

can't you agree that my view of cartoons can have a grain of truth in it?

Alice Shade
December 12th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Cartoons have a lot invested in them, but it`s ART and SATIRE.

Not a gospel to follow or to be taken seriously.

And I don`t think you`ll quite be able to point out something stupid about satanism - though you`re welcome to try.

Don`t bother looking for post. Article was posted on now defunct CoG Blog. If anyone is interested, I will repost it on Theology Discussion board.

jon_hill987
December 12th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I'm interested!

Alice Shade
December 12th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Reposted.

vaskafdt
December 13th, 2006, 01:36 AM
hey Alice I'm sorry to admit that you where right.
it is not easy to find something stupid about satanism, after reading your re-post (which is great) and then using Google to find more reading material about it, I find it quite not what I expected.
It is a very interesting way to live, though i do not think that it is my way. I have a different temperament.

I withdraw my claim (which was half joking in the first place) that the words of cartoons are holy

I do however find an abundance of wisdom in them as I do in most any other thing i contemplate about
even the most stupid a thing anyone can find carries with it a grain of wisdom and truth for those who take the time to look
in some places the truth is obvious to some and hidden from the eyes of the other and in some it is the other way around we all have our unique approach to understanding

Alice Shade
December 13th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Well, people who DO make cartoons, include an awful lot of things in them, some so subtle, that it takes years for people to catch up on them.

In a way, you here adhere to a satanism philosophy as well - because you improve your deficit of knowledge in any way possible, to omit the sin of being stupid.

And if cartoons are the best source for you - well, it`s your choice. It`s just not so easy, to weed out the wisdom of cartoon from the silly wrapper. Though, admittedly, cartoons are one of the most palatible sources of information.

Fallen Hero
December 13th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Hello I'm new to this religion (I only converted yesterday from total atheism to googlism, I'M A BELIEVER NOW)

And I had a few thoughts I'd like to share

Do googlism have martyrs and saints?
Is Bill Gates the Antichrist (I know that Google have nothing in common with Christ himself) but by Antichrist i mean that if Google is god and Microsoft is Satan then isn't Gates Satan's incarnation "the beast "

and what is the googlist approach to elgooG cannot it be considered as blasphemy to the word of Google because it reverses the holy words or is it a lesser incarnation of the mighty Google

just pondering about it
what do you all think?

Elgoog is a mirror of Google, where the site is flipped. It is still google, therefore just another face of the Almighty. Bill Gate's is not the metaphorical anti-christ. He is contrary to most jokes a good person who gives billions to charity. He is not the incarnation of the beast in anyway. That was taken by Yahoo! :wink:

We do not have any martyrs because we are 'live and let live' so to speak. In fact, we encourage you NOT to do ANYTHING that would get you killed to try and promote this faith.

Oh and Alice... magic..

Alice Shade
December 13th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Magic?

That is a word, which defines all the actions, for which we can not build the string of causes and reasons, yet.

For example, why there`s always one unpaired sock after any laundry-washing, and such.

If you want to light candles around pentagram, and dance in it naked, well, go and do it. It`s entirely your problem and solution. If you`re sure, that it helps, why not?

Fallen Hero
December 13th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Well, that proves that you are a satanist, also that you do not care what others think (which swings back to the first point). Fine by me.

Alice Shade
December 13th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Uh, no. It means, I do not care, what others want to do, as long as they don`t bother me with it.