View Full Version : Google v. Yevon

Anonymous
December 13th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Yevon is the religion of the video game FFX, if you are so much of a n00b not to know.
Yevon forbids all martial machina-machines and has a really coolio prayer song. It's proof comes on a disc.
So who should I worship? Google or Yevon?

Alice Shade
December 13th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Think for yourself.

Do you want to worship cool CD chock full of japanimation and loud FX and music?

Or the omniscient information source, which can provide you said CD?

Turgenev
December 13th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I realize that you are joking, scarletisred, but I thought i'd entertain your jest anyway.
Yevon was created as a critique of religion more than anything, a critique of fanaticism. You might as well say "how about we start worshiping the forum of The Church of Google as a subsidiary deity to the goddess Google?" or perhaps that we should elect a horse to office because the horse, Boxer, in Animal Farm had the right idea.
Let's try to maintain some level of satirical pride here, though.

Alice Shade
December 13th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Oh, you can`t discount the possibility, that this suggestion was merely to "prove", that Googlism is silly religion, "unlike Christianity". (Yes, yes, I know, unlike any major religion should be there, but noone except christians had ever tried to pull that stunt.)

Turgenev
December 13th, 2006, 09:12 PM
haha, oh i just see the Christians as being the most misguided of the bunch. Sure there is militant Islam, and sure there's the whole Israel deal, but the Christians, I'd say they want more control over people than any other religion, things like Googlism bug them for that reason.

Alice Shade
December 13th, 2006, 09:23 PM
You might notice, that they are practically the only ones (other then them, we had one odd muslim, that was it), who come here and try to "guide" us.