PDA

View Full Version : Important New Information

Googler
December 14th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Many of you may have noticed that as of late Method-X has not been around. For the time being Fallen, Jill, and I are going to be in charge. I will be in charge of most things concerning the forum, and hopefully soon, the website as well. As a side not please refrain from posting on obvious spambot threads so it is easier for me and the other Admins to find and delete the post and user. Two email address endings have been banned; @cashette.com, and @medicinese.info because they appear to be used by the majority of spambots. From now until Method-X returns please address all concerns to Me, Jill, or Fallen. Jill and I are available on Google Talk, and you may email or PM any of us.

~Googler~

edit-- @mail.ru has been added to the list.

Alice Shade
December 14th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Uh.

@mail.ru is a huge free email resource. It`s a bit too wide to ban just like that.

vaskafdt
December 14th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Yes, I'll have to agree with Alice on this one

I know quite a few people who use mail.ru banning it is a bit drastic.

Googler
December 14th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I will unban, but if we get only spambots from the provider I will ban it again.

Alice Shade
December 14th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Googler... About the same chance, as spam from AOL, Yahoo, Hotbox and practically any other free mail provider. Including Gmail as well.

Googler
December 14th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Googler... About the same chance, as spam from AOL, Yahoo, Hotbox and practically any other free mail provider. Including Gmail as well.

Yes except out of the 160+ spambot accounts I deleted that came in with the third most spambot account registering with it, while yahoo had 4 and hotmail 3.

Alice Shade
December 14th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Because most of spammers here are from USA.

Thus, if they spam from russian resource, they can`t be tracked down and sued, because spamming isn`t international crime, yet.

SyBerWoLff
December 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Well there's nothing we can do about that is there? If that's where the majority of bots attack us from then I see it perfectly valid to block that email extension.

Alice Shade
December 14th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Well... If we have confirmation by email (don`t remember registration in detail), then we`ll lose out on about half of Russian-speaking internet (which would be quite the most "powerful" googlists, considering the fact that christianity isn`t all that great here).

Googler
December 14th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Well... If we have confirmation by email (don`t remember registration in detail), then we`ll lose out on about half of Russian-speaking internet (which would be quite the most "powerful" googlists, considering the fact that christianity isn`t all that great here).

The only option we seem to have is admin confirmation. Which unless I change over the admin email address (I don't plan to) we can't use.

Alice Shade
December 15th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Same could be done by simply blocking anyone without any messages from creating new threads on Church Chat forum. 90% of bots will die out automatically.

AaronD
December 15th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Same could be done by simply blocking anyone without any messages from creating new threads on Church Chat forum. 90% of bots will die out automatically.

100 percent of them. Since church chat is at ?f=1, meaning that it was the first forum added to the CoG, all of the bots are programmed to post in it, because it is guaranteed to be there.

SirRuben
December 15th, 2006, 03:02 AM
I bet you're right Aaron, that's why, as i mentioned in the spam thread that got deleted, i think that we should rename ?f=1 to ?f=666 in the db muahaha..

Oh well, i think it would be cool..