View Full Version : Follower Registry

SyBerWoLff
December 18th, 2006, 11:08 PM
What would you guys think of having a PHP based Follower Registry where users can fill out a form and add their name to a list of followers because the user count on the forum isn't a very accurate way to count people who believe in the faith seeing as it consists of spammers, trollers, and debaters.

Alice Shade
December 18th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Oh?

What about a**hats, who`ll enter something stupid in form just to slam Googlism?

It would be a nice idea, if there was a way to weed out people, who are disruptive.

SyBerWoLff
December 18th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Oh?

What about a**hats, who`ll enter something stupid in form just to slam Googlism?

It would be a nice idea, if there was a way to weed out people, who are disruptive.

Admin would have to accept the application.

Alice Shade
December 18th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Maybe.

It won`t be sugar to proofread all the apps, though.

SyBerWoLff
December 19th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Maybe.

It won`t be sugar to proofread all the apps, though.

Well if you just have username and where from it won't be that hard, it's not like they have to type out a paragraph explaining why they are followers.

Perhaps just have a button in the user profiles on the forum that says "Include name and location in Follower Registry"

Alice Shade
December 19th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Uh? Syber, are you sure you can code that up for forum?

I wouldn`t try, unless I`d have something similar to reverse-engineer it.

Googler
December 19th, 2006, 12:36 AM
It wouldn't be a bad idea if we came up with a way so we didn't have to preview the entries.

Alice Shade
December 19th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Uh... I`m sorry, Googler, but previewing them is about the only way to keep people from screwing around with them, sadly.

Googler
December 19th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Uh... I`m sorry, Googler, but previewing them is about the only way to keep people from screwing around with them, sadly.

Then we would need a large team of people to help with the process.

Alice Shade
December 19th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Yowl.

I`ve been practically jumping out of my skin to do something, and you styill think there`d be lack in volunteers? ^_^

SyBerWoLff
December 19th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Yes but if we have that checkbox in profile that allows users to add themselves then all we'd need to moderate was Username and Location.

Personally? I can't code anything out of SecondLife, is it possible? well nearly anything is on the web. Would just need a PHP script to communicate with a MySQL DB or a CF DB and then display the DB on the website.

Alice Shade
December 19th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Well, that JUST just needs someone, who knows PHP and SQL. If you know someone, who does, please point him/her out.

Emperor_Google
December 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
syberwolf, do you mean like a guestbook sort of thing?

SirRuben
December 19th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Check out www.hotscripts.com . There are tons of php/mysql scripts there..

Alice Shade
December 19th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Well, true, but we still need someone, who knows jack about them to make them work good with us.

Cause if we stick one in without working over it first, we might luck out with something like "Word of God" guestbook, or something even scarier.

Granted, I`ll do my best to look over them, if I`d have to, but I`m not exactly skilled in PHP, and only know basic SQL.

SyBerWoLff
December 19th, 2006, 08:38 PM
I don't know SQL at all but I can read over a PHP script and get the gist of what's going on i Just can't write them from scratch.

Alice Shade
December 19th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Eh. That, I can do as well.

Trouble is, that some things will certainly need altering, and maybe writing it from scratch.