View Full Version : the third commandment is wrong

Truff
January 15th, 2007, 10:13 PM
the third commandment is wrong http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/10/do-you-google.html
they say you can use google as a verb unless your using a evil search engine like yahoo (stupid yahoo with there killing of that chinese guy)

also why talk in ye old enlish

Saramon
January 15th, 2007, 10:49 PM
I use Google as a verb, Google is the only search engine I use, so as such I think that the word is fine in my volcabulary...Good thing Yahoo didn't get as big as google, I would hate to say that I am Yahooing something, that is just corney

SyBerWoLff
January 19th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Example: "I googled him on Yahoo and he seems pretty interesting."

If anyone said that to me I would just blankly stare at them and then slap them... really..... really... hard!

Theres nothing really really wrong about using google as a verb, we all do it, I mean it's like christians 'taking the lords name in veign'. You show me a christian that has never said "God damnit" and I'll... slap them too!

We have had a large discussion about this in the Googlism Debate forum on the old forums but I'm not sure where it has gone to or what the outcome was.

jon_hill987
January 19th, 2007, 09:38 PM
also why talk in ye old enlish

It is traddishonale too rite commandmentes inne suche a waye, thou villainous toad-spotted apple-john!

Alice Shade
January 19th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I think, that third commandment is about "not use "googling" as a synonym for searching", not about "don`t say the word".

After all, "to google something" means to search it through Google. Not through anything else.