PDA

View Full Version : New forum.

Alice Shade
January 20th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Church of Google forum had been officially moved to vBulletin platform, effective immediately.

Everyone is welcome to playtest things and pitch suggestions/observations/bug reports/requests/etc.

Members are encouraged to explore new options, features and possibilities.

For the next week, forum will be undergoing cosmetical and feature-enhancing changes. Suggestions and contributions are highly welcome and appreciated.

jon_hill987
January 20th, 2007, 01:57 AM
I suggest that it might be a good idea to put a redirect from "forum2", I had already update my bookmarks.

Alice Shade
January 20th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Every member was mailed about the update, including current address.

I`m guessing, that that should do the trick, no? ^_^

jon_hill987
January 20th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Every member was mailed about the update, including current address.

I`m guessing, that that should do the trick, no? ^_^

maybe I should have checked my mail....

Alice Shade
January 20th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Prob`ly. ^_^

But maybe there is a certain sence in your suggestion...

I`ll place a redirect placeholder there.

Update - redirect placed, in case someone managed to get into /forum2 during the transition day or so.

linkskywalker
January 20th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Excellent. I've always been a fan of VB, this is great. Especially considering that you were on PHPBB before. Yuck to that.

Congrats on the move.

Alice Shade
January 23rd, 2007, 07:47 AM
Any opinions on new make-over?

We`re trying to imitate the style of Google as close, as we can.

Kokoba
January 23rd, 2007, 10:21 AM
I like it, very clean, though the style of the buttons as compared with the rest of the board seems...out of place.

Alice Shade
January 23rd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Oh, Buttons we have not replaced, yet. Aaron needed to sleep. We`ll deal with them pretty soon, too.

Alice Shade
January 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM
GoogleTalk address now included in standard IM messengers, along with others.

Just go to profile, and set it there. Easy as that.

disciple
January 24th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Year like the work done it is very impressive. Two things: 1. when the members list was compiled no joining date was added, was this intentional? 2. I was quite partial to the old color scheme (as it was a bit easier on my eyes late at night) this one may be a bit bright for my morbid personality, and, cause me to start chewing razorblades (again).

Alice Shade
January 24th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Don`t quite understand first.

Join date is specified in the Member List available on forum.

As for color theme, we are trying to imitate the style of Google frontpage (and, partially, Gmail) as much as possible.

Alice Shade
January 26th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Alright, people.

We now have Web-accessible chatroom interface. Just click on Chat link in the main site, or in the bottom of forum, and it will log you in - simple as that.

Alice Shade
February 5th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Skinning of the forum is complete, as of now.

Big kudos to Aaron for the graphics.

Alice Shade
March 1st, 2007, 12:08 PM
A couple of small-time updates.

The largest - experimental Guestroom. (no login required to post). I`m expecting, that it will generate an additional source of funny posts and possible hatemail, above all else.

Among other updates, forum was tweaked a bit - timeouts were increased from measly 15 minutes to full hour. (Not set in stone, yet, we`ll see, how the things will go.)
Also, forum might now be a bit more responsible about correctly marking forums read/unread.
There were several other tweaks done, as well, to optimise and enhance without anything particularly showy to point out.