View Full Version : Question

Emperor_Google
February 16th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Ok, I've been a member for a few months and I've never bothered asking "What's a Googlist Inquisitor?" I know about Ministers and followers but what are Inquisitors?

Alice Shade
February 16th, 2007, 07:59 PM
It`s me.

As far as I know, noone else had ever claimed the title.

My interpretation of Inquisitor - she, who inquires.
Inquires not in a law, per ce, as one could assume by historical image of inquisitors, though.
Inquires - as in, researches and gives a conclusion, factual and relevant.

Kokoba
February 16th, 2007, 08:00 PM
The image in Alice's sig is just joke one, though maybe she has some backstory behind it.

(Psst, check the new Java chat app at the bottom of the forum page.)

Ahhhhhh damn too slow.

jon_hill987
February 16th, 2007, 09:30 PM
The Spanish inquisition used to torture people who were not holy enough to help to save their souls.

Alice Shade
February 16th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Thank you for historical reference, Jon.

I`m pretty sure everyone aware of word "Inquisition" has some idea, what it did in medieval times.

However, as I stated above, I do NOT use common assumption about word as it`s meaning, and instead, go by it`s linguistic definition.

P.S. Though, I guess you can say, that I "torture" people, who are not able to accept common facts, by exposing them.

jon_hill987
February 17th, 2007, 11:20 AM
P.S. Though, I guess you can say, that I "torture" people, who are not able to accept common facts, by exposing them.

Funny, that is exactly what I assumed you meant when I first saw it.

Alice Shade
February 17th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Well, that too, if you`re willing to look at it from this angle.

Though, to be honest, I don`t exactly revel in telling truth just to hurt. If there`s no beneficial effect, I`d rather say nothing.