View Full Version : Google as God

The Anti Google
April 5th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Hear me believers! Non believers! And those undecided! Google is the way, and may it fill your lives with peace, and prosperity. My weary eyes have seen much said here! It is true that google will not save a dieing family, grant you wealth, bestow better days and health upon you and your loved ones, or embrace you in a time weakness, but rest assured! Google is a chosen way! It is large, and cyberspace is large. It holds record to much of the knowledge man has learned. It may not know everything, or even everything we know, but it knows enough! (Such as technology the government keeps secret, older tales not updated onto the site, and things kept off google purposely. Hell, in fact, it knows only a very small portion of what is known. Hence the need for college, and other such schoolings. Certain things aren't freely given away by google, or any websites. Colleges need money...) But it is the largest archive of human kn--

No, there are great libraries that surpass google in the wealth of knowledge, but google certainly has the most cyber text of useless information! It is information all the same! Fine, it is true... Places dedicated to solid learning surpass google in knowledge of use, and of intellect, but.... At least google has immortality going! (Even if it could crash, and cease to be...)Hooray for this really big website! Rejoice!

I await the contradictions of those who would even doubt googles divine glory for a second! It may be the closest thing to god man has ever created! Or just a really big website, that happens to be a search engine... Though I say it is closer to god!

Alice Shade
April 5th, 2007, 12:03 PM
What a charming segue. Of course, you do realise, that it`s silly, don`t you?

will not save a dieing family, grant you wealth, bestow better days and health upon you and your loved ones, or embrace you in a time weakness

This is true for any deity existing. In fact, deities had led many a person into the quagmire, just because they are supposed to offer all the mentioned. Yet... They don`t.
In fact, this is probably one of the most ridiculous enforcing points - since deities don`t grant any favors, it makes people worship them more in hopes of scoring the favor for piety. But somehow, everyone overlooks the fact, that no favors are ever granted.

No, there are great libraries that surpass google in the wealth of knowledge, but google certainly has the most cyber text of useless information! It is information all the same!

Well, that only suggests that someone is lousy in making valid search queries. On a side note, colleges are not strictly educational facilities, per ce. They are evaluation facilities, and it`s entirely feasible to receive college diploma without ever stepping on college grounds (much less - into it`s library).

Googler
April 6th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Just for your reference, The Prophet of Google, Google indexes scholarly papers from Universities, it also scans in whole libraries for Google Books. So the libraries do not surpass it in knowledge because Google absorbs the libraries.

MeTHoD-X
April 9th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Just for your reference, The Prophet of Google, Google indexes scholarly papers from Universities, it also scans in whole libraries for Google Books. So the libraries do not surpass it in knowledge because Google absorbs the libraries.

Bravo. I wonder if The Anti Google will respond to any of these counter criticisms. I doubt it.

Alice Shade
April 9th, 2007, 09:10 PM
He thinks he`s been banned. (Timeouted on login.)

Also, he might not figure out that his accounts were merged, and new password confirmation had been sent.

ImBored
April 21st, 2007, 05:01 AM
Google as god?:confused: I'm undecided-- but all I have to say is,that Google is a search engine:icon_rolleyes: .Sure,you can have your own opinion about things such as this but I just want to say;this is ridiculous.No offense.My friends and I find this rather funny,actually,sorry if that offends anyone.Thats all i want to say;thank you for your time.:wink:

ImBored
April 21st, 2007, 05:03 AM

So,you're saying that there is a Prophet of Google? Sounds interesting.

Erasmus
April 21st, 2007, 11:46 AM
Some people just shoudn't try cutting satirical irony. Most people just can't pull it off. Let this be an example of such.

And, just for reference, "ImBored", you might want to read the PROOFS! page (link (http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Scripture/Proof_Google_Is_God.html).) Your ill-informed comments make it obvious you haven't actually looked at the site, or perhaps just didn't understand what you were reading.

It's amazing how quickly people will form an opinion on something they haven't even taken the time to understand.

ImBored
April 22nd, 2007, 02:22 AM
For your information,I have read the proof.But can it talk?Can it make a miracle happen?No,I don't think so.However,everyone has their own opinions.Thanks for pointing out my mistake,which (I think) wasn't really a mistake.Thank you for stating what you think.:biggrin:

AaronD
April 22nd, 2007, 04:18 AM
Can the Judeo-Christian deity talk? Supposedly, he can, but I have yet to see that happen. And the miracles are all debatable or heresay. And no, there isn't a prophet of google, there is a guy who registered with the nickname The Prophet of Google. Oh, and we don't actuall believe that Google is a deity, we just believe that Google is the closest that there has ever been to a conventionally-defined deity, as we state several times on the main site.

ImBored
April 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Oh,I see.I'm sorry.
It makes sense now.Thanks for pointing that out!:icon_mrgreen:

MeTHoD-X
April 22nd, 2007, 05:38 PM
Oh,I see.I'm sorry.
It makes sense now.Thanks for pointing that out!:icon_mrgreen:

I just updated the main page to make all this more clear. Go check it out dude. :icon_smile:

Kudos,
Matt

ImBored
April 23rd, 2007, 01:46 AM
I'm terribly sorry for being rude at first.I just didn't take the time to think about it.Thanks.:biggrin: