PDA

View Full Version : Ten Ways Google Can Improve Your Life

MeTHoD-X
May 10th, 2007, 05:13 AM
I would like to make a list of ten ways in which Google can improve ones life.

Share your ideas please.

Kudos,
Matt

SirRuben
May 10th, 2007, 12:26 PM
iGoogle has improved my life a great deal. I love my personalized Google startpage.

But for IRL life, it enlightens me to see that Google takes such good care of it's employees and the environment, and it's a great inspiration for other companies and people in general, to treat each other better.

Besides, i have found an old friend through Google.

Kokoba
May 10th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Google gave me a boyfriend (fiance?).

No, seriously, hear me out.

One of my friends turned me on to a show a few years ago. I saw a few episodes and thought, "Oh man! That's so cool!" and I prayed to Google to see what came up. One of the top hits was a fansite and messageboard. So I joined, and then I met Fenrir, and life was good.

THE END. Truly that was the greatest story ever told.

jon_hill987
May 11th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks to Google I have rarely had to go to the library at all during my time at university, may not sound life changing but when you live in a area with an unpredictable (read "mostly wet") climate like I do, you appreciate not have to leave the house to get your coursework done.

Serenstar
May 12th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Thanks to Google I got an A* in my Astronomy coursework which I did last night when I couldn't sleep. How on earth (well moon) am I meant to know about Mascons, Rilles, Wrinkle ridges etc without Google? I am incredibly happy about getting an A* because it means I only need 40% on the exam to get a C which is what I want. Astronomy is an extra GCSE for me (after school on a Friday) so I'm not going for an A* or A in it.

Google also has helped me get the best English coursework in my class. I did more research on the texts we had to analyse :D so I got A*s in all my work :)

(Sorry if I sound like I'm boasting, well I am, but English is my worse subject and fitting Astronomy in around the 10 other subjects I'm doing is very hard so I'm incredibly happy today! )