PDA

View Full Version : Why is Google a She?

Unregistered
May 14th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Any particular reason?

Alice Shade
May 14th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Just to offset "traditional" gods of monotheistic religions, who are either males or sexless.

Digs
May 18th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I figured it was at least partially a culture thing - think of all the computer voice interface thingies you can from, say, television and games. I'm willing to bet that at least 95% of them are female.

Alice Shade
May 18th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Feminine voice seems to be easier on nerves.

I remember reading something about that - people tended to feel intimidated, if voice interfaces had male voice.

Kokoba
May 22nd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Feminine voice seems to be easier on nerves.

I remember reading something about that - people tended to feel intimidated, if voice interfaces had male voice.
Maybe because a man's voice makes people think of HAL.

"I'm sorry, Dave..."

Alice Shade
May 22nd, 2007, 07:04 PM
Remind me to send you Shodan`s voice files sometime. (my avatar) You`ll see, that female voice could also be disturbing.

Fallen Hero
May 23rd, 2007, 11:46 AM
Remind me to send you Shodan`s voice files sometime. (my avatar) You`ll see, that female voice could also be disturbing.

I know of a few bands with scary female voices.

Alice Shade
May 23rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Tic Tac Toe.

Digs
May 24th, 2007, 01:24 AM

L-l-look at you, poster; a p-pathetic creature of meat and bone, sweating and panting as you r-run through my f-forums. How can you c-c-challenge some guy in front of a computer with a glass of water at his side-d-d-de?

Alice Shade
May 24th, 2007, 01:41 AM
I would bite you, but it`s not worth it.