View Full Version : Book of Google?

Henry/Tad
May 21st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Should we have a book for Google like how Christains have the Bible or Jews have Torah?

AaronD
May 21st, 2007, 08:43 PM
You mean a scripture? I don't see why we'd need one, Googlism doesn't exactly have much lore.

Alice Shade
May 21st, 2007, 10:21 PM
Problem with Googlism is that it does not prescribes rigidly-set lifestyle, as Bible/Qu`Ran/Torah do.

And since we have no silly rules like - "Don`t eat lobsters." and "Don`t wear clothes out of two fabrics.", book of Google would be really thin.

punkinside
May 21st, 2007, 11:41 PM
We started proposing a "recommended reading list" though. Whatever happened to that.. I don't know.

MeTHoD-X
May 22nd, 2007, 12:20 AM
I suppose we could come up with some sort of how to article describing how to best use Google to your advantage. Kind of like the tips section we already have up but only more involving and step-by-step.

MeTHoD-X
May 22nd, 2007, 07:52 AM
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/cool-things-you-can-do-with-google.html

Some pretty good stuff at the above site.

James
May 31st, 2007, 12:34 PM
Surely the Book of Google should be an E-book?

Alice Shade
May 31st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Would. If there was anything to write into it.

Think about it - what can you write about a goddess, who exists to grant information? Anything you might want to know about her, you`ll have to ask her first.

MeTHoD-X
May 31st, 2007, 06:40 PM
Alright, I think it would be a good idea to come up with an eBook entitled the "Book of Googe". We'll have it in both HTML and PDF format.

Anyone here interested in searching for little known "secrets" of advanced Google oporators? I'll look around when I have more time and start the document myself.

Kudos,
Matt

Alice Shade
May 31st, 2007, 06:50 PM
If you mean - how to search in Google, there was a little PDF with advanced tricks floating around the net. (I think you linked from here too.)

If you want, I can send you copy. It could use some populararisation.

But that`s pretty meager start - there`s only, like, 2 pages in it, or so.

MeTHoD-X
May 31st, 2007, 07:38 PM
We'll start off with an HTML file and add to it every so often. I'll break it down into Basic, Intermediary and Advanced. It will grow as members post their own tips and tricks. Eventually I'll compile an eBook out of it. I'll start a thread where people can submit their tips.

Basically just do a Google search for "Google Tips" and such. We'll take all the best and make them available in one place.

brittney
June 1st, 2007, 03:07 PM
Why not a wiki? :)

Alice Shade
June 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
Because main wiki had kicked us out about three times alrwady, by now.

Each time with different submitter, too.

Setting up separate Wiki on free wikifarm sounds like a good possibiity, but I`m not sure there`s quite enough to call it a veritable wiki. If people are sure, that they want our own wiki, and ready to submit information to it, there is no problem with setting one up.

-۞-
June 23rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Of course we can write in the book of Google!
Man who is bored of surfing has but a short time to wait.
We come from Google and (when bored of a site) go back to Google.
ASCII to ASCII, JPEG to JPEG ....

-AoG-Kero
June 24th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Of course we can write in the book of Google!
Man who is bored of surfing has but a short time to wait.
We come from Google and (when bored of a site) go back to Google.
ASCII to ASCII, JPEG to JPEG ....

XD nice

FreeDUMBisFREE
July 19th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Why would we ever need "Google Scripture" when we have Google Search Engine. If you EVER feel compelled to find some Scripture (or something which might qualify, for you individually, AS SCRIPTURE) then just plug it into the search engine and away you go. It seems to me that the search engine itself is the only dogma we need (or should I say "Googma")

GhostRighter
July 20th, 2007, 04:43 AM
I know this isn't the forum for google suggestions. (Wow, now I'm impressed, the word google, as I just typed it was underlined as incorrectly spelled, the suggestion was Google, with a capital G...Hmmm) Any, since The Google knows and seas (sic) all, obviously they will receive my inquiry. The Google punishes mispellers, and that's just wrong. If I serched for something, say "Gaurdian Counsil", The Google politely asks me If I meant "Guardian Council" and when I concede that my knowledge paled in the comparison to mine, they them run the modified query and provide me the results, as well as changing the criteria of the search text-box. However, the next time I search for same subject I can't find it , what I"m looking for.. (<== they don"t do puncuation either) because my browser is not Wise like The Google. The Google patronizes me by pretending that it thinks I mean't to speel the "Gaurdian Counseal" wrongly ageen and makes me click again. By not respecting my subjects, The Google does not respect Mi.

abeer aka dabea ra

Alice Shade
July 20th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Not quite understood, what was meant.

You do not have to agree to Google correction, if you are sure, that you want to search specifically for misspelt word(s).

Or, if your problem is that when you enter misspelled query, and Google corrects it, browser still offers you missspelled one next time you search?

Well, there`s simple cure for that... Learn to spell! Sheesh.

Googlist720
July 21st, 2007, 04:00 AM
Does Anybody Remember The Book Of Mozilla?? http://www.mozilla.org/book/ It Should Be Like That.

-Goodnight Everyone.

Templar
July 23rd, 2007, 04:00 AM
What about a short history of Google as well as hints on how to use it?
Sutible dogmatic of course.

Alice Shade
July 23rd, 2007, 09:15 AM
That is already done...

Just look up Google on wikipedia.

Googlist720
July 24th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Woah, thats cool.

I HATE googlism
July 26th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Book of google is the stupidest thing i have ever heard of!!!!!!!!

for the love of google
July 26th, 2007, 01:55 AM
Book of google is the stupidest thing i have ever heard of!!!!!!!!

Googlism hatred is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. What has Google ever done to you. Has Google ever started a war that killed a family member of yours. I have never heard of an incident of someone being killed because they prefer Google over another search engine.

Brother Googleiah
July 26th, 2007, 02:14 AM
For guidence I find it is best to place thoughts into the search field and press "i'm feeling lucky"

Jimmy Groove
July 26th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I don't see the need for a Book of Google because Google is, itself, a collection of words... lots and lots and lots of words. If you reduce the number of words to fit it into a book, then you lose the inner Googleness of Google.

Brother Googleiah
July 26th, 2007, 02:23 AM
If Google is infinite should its teaching be infinite as well. No book could contain the information that google holds.

for the love of google
July 26th, 2007, 06:34 PM
It has been brought up before but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google

This is my book of google. For the people by the people. Also ever expanding.

-۞-
February 17th, 2008, 06:56 PM
The Christians believe God is infinite but only really write there book about the events of a couple of thousand years - at most.

I don't think the Book of Google should be about everything in Google because Google contains the entire universe.

However some suitable cautions to people who don't give Google enough respect would be appropriate.

Threatening people if don't give us privileges and enough respect is the basic stock in trade of religion.

You aren't a religion until you think you're better than other people and get offended if they don't agree.

sudikics
February 18th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Er, bump much?

No matter, doesn't bother me.

And how did you come across the phrase "the basic stock in trade of religion"?

-۞-
February 19th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Er, bump much?

No matter, doesn't bother me.

And how did you come across the phrase "the basic stock in trade of religion"?

"Stock in trade" is a common English idiom where I come from - England.

Someones stock in trade is their business. The thing they do.

sudikics
February 22nd, 2008, 02:11 PM
Sorry, missed this reply. Thanks.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Wouldn't we want a book of googlism and not of google itself just calling it "The Book of Google"?

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Do you want to start writing "The Book of Google"?

It would be an incredibly long and tedious task, also lets not forget how big and bulky the book would be.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Do you want to start writing "The Book of Google"?

It would be an incredibly long and tedious task, also lets not forget how big and bulky the book would be.

I was thinking not entirely Google maybe a 20 page thing explaining the believes around here and how to use Google for dummies.

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Ah okay.

So your basic idea on this Book would be mostly about Google, its uses and the beliefs of the CoG?

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 06:44 PM
In a matter of speaking that could work too. Religious books will outline the belives, hold prayers, and so forth. Another idea is we could put the proofs in it, the prayers, other stuff that has been come up with, and a how to pray part that is on using the goddess. I don't know it is just an idea.

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Not too shabby either.

Simply put, if you would like to start working on this, let me know whats up. I will gladly help. I gotta keep busy when I am just sitting at home.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Not too shabby either.

Simply put, if you would like to start working on this, let me know whats up. I will gladly help. I gotta keep busy when I am just sitting at home.

I think I will because I don't think I am posting enough. It gives me something to do on the weekends and after work. What we will need is a collection of the believes that are on the main page, then we will need to go threw the forums to find somethings that are common, add those, and then the how to use Google with screen shots probably... To bad I only have open office.
You think?

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Dr. Goofy, you are posting and being an active member. That is more then enough. Just stay active and you will be good. Look at me, its been what 2+ months and I am over 2,000 posts.

Anyway, like I said keep me posted with this book idea. I will be more then happy to help. Feel free to hit me up on AIM too.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks, and Will do.

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 07:07 PM
More then welcome man.
Plus it would be nice to actually be apart of a project or something for the CoG instead of just sitting on my ass every day posting here.

Agnostic
February 26th, 2008, 07:13 PM
In the tradition of some scriptures out there, being incomprehensible at times, make the book of Google the source code of Google.

my two cents anyways, and my first post :D

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Well welcome Agnostic.
Enjoy your stay here at the CoG.

Agnostic
February 26th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Thank you rzm, I'm sure i will, already love it

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 07:20 PM
More then welcome.

I am sure you will too. Tis a fun place here.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 07:23 PM
So, what I am going to do tonight is create a Freewebs site and I will aim you the password. Then I will put the site on this forum. Next we will start adding info to it and ask for suggestions on the site then when all the information that we need is there we compile it to a book.

Good Idea?

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Welcome Agnostic, I use to be one of those.

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 07:29 PM
So, what I am going to do tonight is create a Freewebs site and I will aim you the password. Then I will put the site on this forum. Next we will start adding info to it and ask for suggestions on the site then when all the information that we need is there we compile it to a book.

Good Idea?

Actually with my experience. I would say at least wait till we get some content up on the "site" before we start posting the link.

Might I recomend Google Pages?
It does make sense ;)

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I will try that I will be createing it in about 4 hours or so

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
hmm 4 hours you say?

Lets see. I will be done work at 4, then working out till 5ish. Then band pratice most likely till 10ish at the latest. So I should be home a little after 10, if you are still online at that time drop me a line.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 07:52 PM
What time zone?

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Eastern: UTC-5

It is currently 3:02PM here in Pa.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Ok so you are an hour into my future. I am in Iowa

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Ah ha!
Oh Dr. Goofy Mofo I am sure you wish that you had my abilities to know what happens one hour before you. ;)

Ha, just having a little bit of fun man. Anyway I assume you should be online an all around 10 for me 9 for you?

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I will try. Oh Yea I do wish I did, Oh do they Have flying Cars in the future yet I want one.

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Sadly because we are only one hour ahead we don't have that new of technology. By the time we engineer it and patent it, you guys already seem to have tabs on it.

However once we get the flying care you will be the first I notify.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 08:47 PM
W00t(This has acctually been ordained as a word so do not attack me grammer Nazi.)

rzm61
February 26th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Ha, his name is Scikidus.

Well at least he is the only one I consider the Grammar Nazi here.
Also I am sure Sciky is framiliar with 1337 5p34k

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 26th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Yea, it was Merriam-Webster's #1 Word of the Year for 2007 so it might make it to real word someday.

rzm61
February 27th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Well "ain't" became a word, so why not w00t.

If I get enough people using "euyea" it could probabbly make it in the dictionary.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 27th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Ok so I and rzm61 have started Collecting for the book. Right now I am just collecting information to put into the book. Then when I have gained all that we think should be in it I will begin to put it together in a better ordered fashion so that it will resemble a book and not just a collection of ideas. You can go to www.freewebs.com/churchofgoogle to see our progress. There is a Guest page where you can drop off ideas such as things to take out things to add. I have been going thru the forums and am on page 9 of the Church Chat for material.

Thanks,
Dr Goofy

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 27th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Got thru church chat and General Discusions so far.

sudikics
February 27th, 2008, 11:45 PM
You should have a page of brilliant things posted on the forum. A lot of unregitered visitors have said amazing things.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 27th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I am going thru all the threads If you want something added go to the site and post the link in the guest page and I will take a look.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 28th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Ok so I have went thru the site and have collected what I can. If you want something added feel free to pm me or put it on the guest book. This weekend I will create a bunch of "How to Pray Pages" going thru the many stages of google as well as printing off what is on that site and trying to compile it all to book form. Then when that is done I am unsure if I should right it in HTML or just upload it somewhere to get it out.

sudikics
February 28th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Nice job! A couple typos though...

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 28th, 2008, 11:52 PM
How about when I get it all done you proof it! Plus a lot was copy paste for the time being until I can get it together.

rzm61
February 28th, 2008, 11:55 PM
If you are using FireFox it should have a built in spell checker.

However grammar is another story.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 29th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I am putting it to open office before I am done. So what format do you want it?

rzm61
February 29th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Text?

I am not sure what formats open office offers.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 29th, 2008, 12:18 AM
That's not what I ment do we want a document or html or what?

rzm61
February 29th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Ha ha, sorry.

Well I would say both, HTML so you could access it online and then a document/pdf so everyone can download it and keep it on their hard drive and send it to others/print it out.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 29th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Ok will work on it. Do we have an upload place?

rzm61
February 29th, 2008, 12:26 AM
You can't upload it to freewebs?

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 29th, 2008, 12:30 AM
I guess ... we will figure it out when the time comes.

Wallsy
February 29th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I ment do we want a document or html or what?

What do you mean by "a document"?

Wallsy.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 29th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Like a word document or something. I was thinking doing a second copy on Google docs and making it public....I don't know.

Wallsy
February 29th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Like a word document or something. I was thinking doing a second copy on Google docs and making it public....I don't know.

Ah, OK. Just so you know, "a document" can mean any kind of document, including HTML, PDF, Word document, OO Document, a piece of paper, etc.

Wallsy.

Dr Goofy Mofo
February 29th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Fair enough.