View Full Version : Googlism..

lolodalonghorn
May 31st, 2007, 08:35 PM
I read the FAQ and for that matter, I went through the whole site..

I'm not convinced about this "Googlism" junk..
I guess because I'm a faithful Christian, but out of curiosity, why would anybody accept Google as their God?
What does Google have to offer other than free information?

Alice Shade
May 31st, 2007, 08:48 PM
What does have Yhwh to offer at all?

MeTHoD-X
May 31st, 2007, 09:01 PM

I guess because I'm a faithful Christian, but out of curiosity, why would anybody accept Google as their God?

Google and Her mighty Algorithms offer much more than any invisible abrahamic god could ever hope to offer. However, I am tolerant of your beliefs and only hope that you are tolerant of mine.

I will pray for you (http://www.google.com/search?q=google+tips&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a).

Kudos,
Matt

lolodalonghorn
May 31st, 2007, 11:09 PM
And Yhwh is?

lolodalonghorn
May 31st, 2007, 11:09 PM
Google and Her mighty Algorithms offer much more than any invisible abrahamic god could ever hope to offer. However, I am tolerant of your beliefs and only hope that you are tolerant of mine.

I will pray for you (http://www.google.com/search?q=google+tips&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a).

Kudos,
Matt

Sure..I'm completely tolerable..
Just confused..and slightly worried..

James
May 31st, 2007, 11:10 PM
Want to know? GOOGLE!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define%3A+Yhwh&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

lolodalonghorn
May 31st, 2007, 11:15 PM
Want to know? GOOGLE!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define%3A+Yhwh&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Because of you..I think I'm going to change to ask.com to use as my search engine..

Digs
June 1st, 2007, 12:11 AM
I am neither a Googlist or a Christian, but I'll try and explain as an outside observer. I understand your confusion, but feel you should know that these guys are for the most part a variety of secular humanist who look at Google as being the closest confirmable thing to a god. A god is a, to quote Mirriam-Webster per "god" definition 1a : "the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness".

They view your God as unconfirmable and thus not actually present. Your - in their eyes - unwarranted faith is anathema to their religion's logic and the conclusions they have reached by it.

Shadow
June 1st, 2007, 02:01 AM
Because of you..I think I'm going to change to ask.com to use as my search engine..

lolodalonghorn, we sorry to see you go. Live you life as you see fit, none of are here to judge for almight google does not judge, but rates to how close you are to fitting into what it is you seek.

Alice Shade
June 1st, 2007, 05:58 AM
Yhwh is hebrew name of Christian God.

Yahweh, if you need more "soft" prononsuation.

Some faithful Christian you are, not even knowing the name of your god.

Fallen Hero
June 1st, 2007, 10:44 AM
Yhwh is hebrew name of Christian God.

Yahweh, if you need more "soft" prononsuation.

Some faithful Christian you are, not even knowing the name of your god.

Last time I checked, it was forbidden to speak the name of God.

Alice Shade
June 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
By whom? ^_^ By the same Yhwh I don`t believe in?

And while we are at it, how`d one abstain from speaking the name without knowing it in first place?

Fallen Hero
June 1st, 2007, 03:51 PM
By whom? ^_^ By the same Yhwh I don`t believe in?

And while we are at it, how`d one abstain from speaking the name without knowing it in first place?

You cannot abuse something you do not know of.

Also I meant it out of a respect thing, christians who do know the name could find it's use offencive.

Alice Shade
June 1st, 2007, 06:38 PM
I find offensive the notion, that "Baby Jesus loves you!".

In fact, when someone says it, I feel like I`m accused in paedophilia.

But since I don`t make an issue about it, I expect christians do not make issue about ME using word "Yhwh". I don`t force them to use it, and if they think their god will punish me for it - well, so be it.

On the side note, our faithful Christian here does not finds it offensive, as far as I gather - he is simply unaware of what the hell it is at all.

MeTHoD-X
June 1st, 2007, 07:11 PM
I mostly find that people who use words like Yhwh, Xians and doG are just looking for controversy (YWHA to a lesser extent though). They want to piss off Christians because it makes them feel good inside... for whatever reason. I suspect it's to over-compensate for some type of insecurity. I don't particularly respect that type of behaviour, as I believe we should be setting a genuine example of tolerance and respect for others to follow. It's childish to resort to name calling. Name calling, arguing and such are all behaviours exhibited by people with low social status. It's a cry for attention. They feel as though they don't have enough respect from others, so they lash out, demanding respect and power.

I doubt anyone around here remembers that SAVAGE guy from months ago, when I firsted founded this Church. He was a real creeper. A total militant atheist. I did a few Google searches for "church of google" at the time, and found him in about 10 different Christian forums pretending to be Christian, posting about the Church; urging other Christian forum members to join our forum to protest Googlism. Why was he doing this? So he could flame them and bash them when they came to our forum!

That has got to be the most pathetic, CREEPY thing I have ever heard somebody do over the Internet. I truly hope nobody currently active on these forums does that.

I certainly don't want Googlism turning into an excuse to bash Christianity, or any other religion for that matter. So many of the atheist forums online are filled will so called militant atheists. A group of people I have about as much respect for as I do evangelical Christians. They are so much alike it's not even funny.

Anyway, enough with this rant.

Alice Shade
June 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM
Heh.

Frankly, I find writing "Yhwh" to be just faster then "The Lord", "Christian God" or whatever monikers Christians want to use for their idol. I don`t think he deserves particular reverence, so calling him by name is naturally easier, then by some exalted title.

Not a secret, that I look on Christianity in particular with disdain, and I do admit it. Had more then enough of issues with Christians hornshoeing their ideals on me to be pretty fed up with it.

However, I firmly believe, that everyone should make up their own mind about what ethic system they want to use.

Aka, while I think that Christian system is fallacious, I have no problem with people, who prefer it for themselves. And I do not do anything in particular to attack them over it, or even somehow offend them.

But, it`s all good to the point - namely, until said Christians invade MY personal space, and start teaching ME, what I should say and think.

Frankly, I don`t go out and tell every single christian I meet - "Yer stoopid, an` yer Yhwh fella sucks!" That would be just.... Stupid.

On the other hand, I completely fail to see, WHY I would have to abstain from pronouncing "Yhwh", if I need to reference this particular concept of deity. It is not my fault, that some people treat this hebrew word with some particular reverence, and I do not think I have to bend over backwards to accomodate them.

Putting it simple, if I were to declare, that word "Google" is sacred, and Google should be referenced to only as "Her Exalted Digitality", noone would ever take that claim seriously, let alone honor it. So, why should I do that very thing for a word "Yhwh"?

MvT Cracker
October 2nd, 2007, 05:19 AM

not everyone dose think google is god and thats fine I don't really beleive google or anything or anyone is god but google is the closest thing to god

google is great and helped me when I was pain (with information) google helps me to learn and translate thats more than any other "god" has done for me so really whats wrong with google?

Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.
Bill Gates

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good
george carlin on religion