PDA

View Full Version : Google is becoming evil...

Unregistered
May 31st, 2007, 08:21 PM
You see, google gets paid to put some websites before all others. Thus they end up on top of the sreach instead of being on order of relation to the searched keywords... Sadly, google does not escape the pattern of profit above customers that large organizations follow.
Ask.com is better :P

So... we have another "Lucifer" lol

Alice Shade
May 31st, 2007, 08:26 PM
Now that is just false.

Google gets paid to place advertisements - and when people visit those ads, pagerank obviously grows.

That`s hardly the same as assigning pagerank for money. (Actually, as far as I remember, there is a specific stipulation in Google TOS, which says, that one may NOT pay to achieve better pagerank.)

MeTHoD-X
May 31st, 2007, 08:32 PM
Paid results are to the right of the organic resutls. Googles Algorithms are very non-bias. Yes, people pay to get better pagerank, but there is very little Google can do about that.

Unregistered
June 1st, 2007, 01:20 AM
"Google gets paid to place advertisements - and when people visit those ads, pagerank obviously grows."

... advertisements which get placed on the top of the first page becaused they paid for it.

"That`s hardly the same as assigning pagerank for money"

Honestly, I don't see the difference.

mice_taste_funny
June 1st, 2007, 01:28 AM
I have to agree with you. Sorry, Googlists! But, in my opnion, further evidence of Google's lack of divinity is that it was created by humans. This also pokes a hole in Googlism, because that is another thing that most religions have in common.

Unregistered
June 1st, 2007, 01:29 AM
Paid results are to the left of the organic resutls. Googles Algorithms are very non-bias. Yes, people pay to get better pagerank, but there is very little Google can do about that.

They can do the same thing ask.com does, make searches to be organized by accuracy rather then popularity or amount of money recieved.

To be honest, I love the idea of making deities out of search engines... except that I would make ask.com as the god/goddess and google as Lucifer. :P
Actually no, let me take that back. I prefer norese gods. Google would be odhin because he sacrificed something(in odhin's case it was an eye but in google's is the better search algorithms) in order to gain something else (which is money for google). Ask.com would be thor :D
...and microsoft would be loki or something like that..

AaronD
June 1st, 2007, 02:25 AM
Except that Google's top results aren't actually influenced by money. What Alisa said, as far as I know, was wrong. Google does have a sponsored results section that is seperate from the normal results, but the results are ordered according to how many pages link to a given page with whatever keywords you typed in, which is not influenced by money. Google makes most of its money off of Adsense, but again, that shows up completely seperate from the actual search results.