PDA

View Full Version : Hatemail #22. Author: Julia Shane

Alice Shade
June 2nd, 2007, 06:03 AM
So, people are starting to think that Google is "THE" god?

Wow.....
I do think that Google is helpful and does deserve a high rank, but not as a god, as a WEBSITE.
And you say Google is all knowing? Bah, does it know my life history? Does it know what I've been through or my life experiences? I don't think so...
God ( not Google ) knows these things and helps us everyday, Google does not.
This is a horribly ridicilous!
You also say that Google is everywhere at once? No, I'm not always in front of a computer, so how can that be?
Plus, it isn't immortal. What if the creators disconnect it? Simple as pulling a few plugs......

I must say though, good try at making a false religion. Too bad it doesn't work. Try again! ^_^

Alice Shade
June 2nd, 2007, 06:03 AM
Such reason. Too bad it`s completely wasted by assuming God exists. I must say, this is outrageously ridiculous - toiling day-to-day for vague promise of "heaven", if you do everything in "righteous" way. Note, that there was NEVER any confirmation about the existance of this "heaven", to boot. Yet, people behave in insufferably bigoted manner just to make sure they will get their "heaven".
We can prove that our Goddess exists and is benevolent. You can`t prove your God exists, let alone disprove his malevolence. I can`t wait for first child abuse lawsuit - someone ought to finally demand compensation for having to observe crucified man day by day.

Googles Jesus
June 2nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
GOOGLE KNOWS THAT YOUR """EMOOO""""" know one care swhat you went thru...just that its funnny

Unregistered
June 3rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
Sorry Julia but the internet and anybody willing to pay will and can know your life history in a manor of seconds. I except Google as my Lord and Personal searcher

Unregistered
June 4th, 2007, 03:13 AM
When you say you're not always at your computer and that's why Google isn't everywhere, it's like saying God isn't everywhere because you aren't always in a Church.

Binary floats through walls. It's called WiFi

Unregistered
June 5th, 2007, 12:46 AM
yeah you said that you're not always in front of a computer but do you have a cell phone or a pda? Oh and i can tell you know nothing about the internet you can't just pull a few plugs to make a site go away, You publish a site on a server the only way to completely do away with the website is to destroy the server and google make billions of dollars a year that's not gonna happen sorry

Unregistered
June 5th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Im pretty sure this is just a joke

303skater
June 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM
she seems preturbed:\ :(

Unregistered
June 5th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Julia Shane

If that is your real name, google gave everyone that had a little time to look your b-day, address, schools, phone numbers at that address, and everything in between.

think next time.

Thorn
June 7th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Wow.....
I do think that Google is helpful and does deserve a high rank, but not as a god, as a WEBSITE.
And you say Google is all knowing? Bah, does it know my life history? Does it know what I've been through or my life experiences? I don't think so...
You also say that Google is everywhere at once? No, I'm not always in front of a computer, so how can that be?
Plus, it isn't immortal. What if the creators disconnect it? Simple as pulling a few plugs......

I must say though, good try at making a false religion. Too bad it doesn't work. Try again! ^_^

1. does it know my life history? Does it know what I've been through or my life experiences? I don't think so... : Pray and ask your god mine. Go on! I want to see your god perform where google is failing.
2. This is a horribly ridicilous! A horribly ridiculous what? Get the statement straight!
3. You also say that Google is everywhere at once? No, I'm not always in front of a computer, so how can that be? That's where you are, not google. How is your god somehow more in a church?
4. Plus, it isn't immortal. What if the creators disconnect it? Simple as pulling a few plugs...... Then it is merely dormant, not dead or anything, it'll still be there as matter cannot be destroyed.

Unregistered
June 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM
was julia rectum tickled?

Unregistered
June 10th, 2007, 06:52 AM
Some people need to relax. In case that wasn't clear, I mean you.

James Smith
June 11th, 2007, 12:38 AM
"False Religion"? Isn't that a redundancy? All religions are false by definition. They were created by men to permit a small group to control a large group. I condemn all religions equally, they are responsible for more hate, suffering, and pain than all other causes combined.

Furthermore, I have never met any "person of faith" who was not a hypocrite. That includes every priest, shaman, ministers, rabbi, and "spiritual leader" I have ever known as well as all of their followers.

The world would be far better off if every religion withered away and people lived their lives by logic and facts.

Alice Shade
June 11th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Would be.

But not everyone has the courage to claim responcibility for their actions.

God is such a useful scapegoat.

Rachel
June 13th, 2007, 10:42 PM
i really only have one thing to say, at what point during the day did god help me? god didnt help me when both my grandmothers were diagnosied with cancer, and god isnt going to help me this weekend, so where is your argument now?

Unregistered
June 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM
AMEN SISTER!!!!

Anon
June 16th, 2007, 10:19 PM
This website is a means of PARODY and SATIRE.

Look those up on Google.

Unregistered
June 18th, 2007, 05:11 PM
She posted the ^_^ thing.

This means she is an animetard.

Epic fail.

Alice Shade
June 18th, 2007, 05:38 PM
^_^ is just a smiley. Which I happen to use to.

Reroll.

Zubin
June 19th, 2007, 06:44 PM
GOD GOOGLE gave me more than 1,880,000 results for Julia Shane in0.33 seconds. Tell me if God can do that........... :P

God's database is all screwed!!!!!! Needs help from Google. :D

Unregistered
June 20th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Julia............................ are you listening?....... you're an idiot, kill yourself.

Unregistered
June 29th, 2007, 07:08 PM
i really only have one thing to say, at what point during the day did god help me? god didnt help me when both my grandmothers were diagnosied with cancer, and god isnt going to help me this weekend, so where is your argument now?

G-d doesn't force Himself on you, like so many of His followers. If you don't want His help, He will let you suffer alone. Yes He is there, when called upon by those who love Him. He does not want His children to love Him because they must, but because they choose to.

Unregistered
June 30th, 2007, 06:23 PM
What a crap answer!

Mean your god isn't he!

Unregistered
July 4th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Google is God you should respect its almighty wisdom!

NDS
July 7th, 2007, 02:33 PM
It's not really that people think Google is a god. Duh. It's that Google is a lot more real and useful than any religion in existence. Google is the collection of knowledgeable (as well as not-so knowledgeable) contributions, like the collective entity of the knowledge of modern mankind. Google is more uniting and enlightening, about everyday knowledge, anyway. If it's philosophy you want, you have to make your own. That's not a need Google is really trying to fill.

But think about it. If we worship some person/thing that we don't even know exists, why not show some appreciation for a website that has done and is doing so much for human beings?

Unregistered
July 8th, 2007, 10:25 PM

Wow.....

"And you say Google is all knowing? Bah, does it know my life history? Does it know what I've been through or my life experiences? I don't think so...
God ( not Google ) knows these things and helps us everyday, Google does not. "

It nowhere states the Google is all knowing. It states that Google is the close thing to an all-knowing entity in existance.

FreeDUMBisFREE
July 10th, 2007, 08:44 PM
At the beginning of the twenty-first century, at a time when technology and the computer-age is continuing to grow and explode like a technological BIG-BANG!, I see very little difference between a rationale which proposes that Google is God via the computer, and one which comes from a
so-called "sacred" BOOK, whether that book be the bible, the talmud, or the koran. Both notions are absurd, but based on the history of religious fundamentalists (including George Bush) I wouldn't be surprised if -- in one thousand years -- The Church of Google had a following of millions upon millions of people precisely because of the fact that IT IS ABSURD! Without Reason, Science, Skepticism, Philosophy and an ever-continuing drive to sincerely search for Truth, people will believe ANYTHING! Jesus, Allah, and Yahweh have DONE NOTHING for humanity except cause devisiveness, violence, and further the separation between Science and Superstition.

Having said that, I must caution ALL Church of Google believers that everyone knows that THE ONE TRUE GOD is actually The Flying Spaghetti Monster -- hallowed be His noodly appendage!
(see: http://www.venganza.org). And to those Google is God believers who would wage Holy War on the believers of FSM i say: BRING IT ON! Let the Jihad begin!

Ramen! (FreeDUMBisFREE)

P.S. Please remember that it costs NOTHING to believe blindly and to let religion do your thinking for you. True Freedom comes from educating yourself, seeking truth through evidence, science, and independent investigation, and being willing to pay for that freedom once your one life is over (you don't get a second chance)!

Unregistered
July 24th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Julia Shane, you are an idiot. Please prove to us that "god" exists and show me how helps us every day. Please.

Unregistered
August 7th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Wow. Um, Google DOES know your history and etc. It knows from your myspace, livejournal, and othe sites it sounds like you frequent. It even knows WHERE you live. DUN DUN DUH!!!

ultrabigsucker@gmail.com
August 8th, 2007, 08:33 PM
this is all crap !
Google helps me every single day, but God (not Google) does NOT.
When I manage to do something that I was supposed to fail (for example date a girl, LOL), that it because of ME : "I did it !".
On the contrary, when I find some information about the reproduction of bees or the way Athlon64s' memory controller works, Google did everything ;-D

Maybe that RIGHT NOW, Google does not know everything about my life... (yet...) but with Blogs, MSN chats history that are uploaded to the Net, Forums and all those logs of our lives... I am sure that one day Google will actually be omniscient about all of us !

Eleine
August 16th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Such reason. Too bad it`s completely wasted by assuming God exists. I must say, this is outrageously ridiculous - toiling day-to-day for vague promise of "heaven", if you do everything in "righteous" way. Note, that there was NEVER any confirmation about the existance of this "heaven", to boot. Yet, people behave in insufferably bigoted manner just to make sure they will get their "heaven".
We can prove that our Goddess exists and is benevolent. You can`t prove your God exists, let alone disprove his malevolence. I can`t wait for first child abuse lawsuit - someone ought to finally demand compensation for having to observe crucified man day by day.

You know, I feel nearly guilty for bashing the religions of others, but I am so very tired of people lately treading so lightly in fear of stepping on others' toes. Having grown up in China, I am going to take full advantage of the wonders of free speech.

The promise of heaven is not for those who are righteous, remember? Heaven is for those who repent for their sins. Meaning the repenting pedophile preachers, murderers, etc. who repent for their sins are whisked away to "Heaven," leaving non-Christians such as Mahatma Ghandi or the Dalai Lama are to be forever cast into Hell.

Then there is the outright ridiculous idea that these meager 80 years or so can deserve an eternity of suffering.

The Christians' merciful God is indeed merciful--except to the Egyptians, to those who first lived in Canaan, Jericho, Soddom, and Gomorrah, etc. Except to those idol worshippers who had to eat their statue. Except to the thousands of pigs that were possessed with the demon that was purged from one soul and except those pigs' owner who is now poor. Sloth is a sin, but Mary was right to sit around all afternoon listening to Jesus while Martha was immoral to spend the same afternoon working and cooking so she could serve her family and Jesus dinner. Etc. Etc. Etc.

God isn't necessarily immortal. What if everyone on Earth forgets about Christianity and God? When the religion and its man-made deity are no longer believed or practiced? Is that like the death of God?

How does God help "us" everyday? Do tsunami's, hurricanes, wildfires, radiation, etc. help us? Do you witness miracles on a daily basis? Does google help us everyday? Yes. Millions of users daily use the search engine to find what they're looking for.

Google is the closest to omniscient in comparison to all other things/beings/persons that we know of. Have you found something for which google has failed to turn up a result? Have you made a prayer for which God has failed to produce a result?

(Am I being too harsh?)

Alice Shade
August 20th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Not really.

And Elaine?

According to canons, if you repent, well, that`s a start, but you still get to to time in purgatory, so let`s cut christians some slack here.

You know... The whole christianity reminds me of mafia family, and God is the Don of that family. A Capo, if you will.

Family got laws - don`t steal from family, don`t cheat family, don`t murder family, obey family...

Capo God has a Consigliori - Jesus, who carries out more menial of those tasks.

And what happens to those, who chose to betray our Don God? They broke the "omerta", conspired with unfaithful cops, and now must die for their treason.

Is it just me, or my comparison looks pretty accurate?

Lord_Jereth
August 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM
Not really.

And Elaine?

According to canons, if you repent, well, that`s a start, but you still get to to time in purgatory, so let`s cut christians some slack here.

Not sure which canon you're reading, Alice, but as far as I remember, the concept of purgatory is not biblical, i.e. taken from the canonical texts. It is a catholic apologist's concept created to explain an inconsistancy not covered in said texts - if Jesus came to "wash away our sins" and save us from hell where did thousands of years worth good people go before his supposed sacrifice.

As formulated in the current Catechism of the Catholic Church, the doctrine of purgatory, also termed the "final purification", is articulated as a purification after death prior to entrance into heaven, and explained as "based on the practice of prayer for the dead."[43] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory#_note-41) Catholics consider purgatory part of the apostolic deposit of faith, finding its origins in the revelation of Jesus Christ.Protestant theology generally does not articulate such a view on doctrinal development, and certain Protestant scholars consider purgatory to be an "unbiblical" belief not derived from revelation. Hence, Adolf Harnack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Harnack), a nineteenth century Protestant historian, argued that purgatory entered the Church via Hellenistic philosophy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_philosophy) and thus represented an infusion of "unrealistic" and "unbiblical" ideas into Christianity.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory

Capo God - Interesting take on the theme. I like that ...

:icon_cool: LJ

Alice Shade
August 21st, 2007, 04:59 PM
Hum. I`ve been thinking about orthodox church, actually.

In any case, concept of purgatory is still somewhat more reasonable, if we take the theory of sins and repentance for axiom.

Lord_Jereth
August 22nd, 2007, 02:04 AM
*Nods*

Thanks for the clarification.

:icon_cool: LJ

Unregistered
August 29th, 2007, 11:17 PM
I totally agree with you, Julia. How can people believe in such nonsensical crap? A search engine being God, that's ridiculous. On the other hand, a virgin who somehow manages to stay virgin after having a kid, who in turn resurrects people and then dies and then lives again and then flies to heaven, that's much more reasonable. Or the assumption that when we have some weird bread and a cup of wine we're actually eating His flesh and drinking His blood. Everyday stuff. And it doesn't have any massochist connotations at all, that's for sure.
Ever read "The God Delusion"?