View Full Version : a question for the gooleists

citadel
June 2nd, 2007, 07:13 AM
now i love google as much as the next guy, but are guys serisous or is this like a prank site or somthing, im not bashing ne one to each there own, but ive been told its just for run im just wondering if u ACTUALLY believe that um google is god, like i said sorry if ne thing offensive but i have to find out

MeTHoD-X
June 2nd, 2007, 07:43 AM
You should read the FAQ (http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/../faq.html), as it will answer most of your questions. In short, we believe Google to be the closest approximation to a God, as traditionally defined by society.

citadel
June 2nd, 2007, 07:51 AM
actualy i have read the FAQ, the hate mail, the 10 commandments, and pretty much your entire site(even the sept 14 is google holiday) but im just trying to contain this all,

"Why do you worship Google as a God?

Because Google is the closest thing to a God that humans can know and understand. We worship Google, and we can prove that not only does Google exist, but unlike any other god, it exists as we know it."

now if i can find it again(lol) some whre it said that you dont worship google, so for another question do you or dont you actually worskip google?

Im a very open minded person about everything, so i dont want to bash googlism, im just trying to find out a few facts here.

For another question if you dont mind, how and why did u decide to make the church of google? did it just happen or were you thinking about somthing liek this? in the FAQ it sayd who founded it but it never says why and just hwo did it become.....

-a wondering soul looking for answers

Alice Shade
June 2nd, 2007, 08:34 AM
we do not worship Google in traditional sense...

Aka, none of us (as far as I know, at least), gets on the knees to pray to Google, or sacrifices food to it.

We define worshipping as praying to Google - i.e., using it to search for information we need.

As for why? Because it`s logical. We`re not alone. Googlism had spontaneously occurring issues all around the net - there are newspaper articles which mention Googlists, back from 2004.

citadel
June 3rd, 2007, 02:07 AM
so u use conventional words as pray, worship, and what not but ther really another word for your version of the word ro somthing, and if i get this right, no one believe that google is actually god, but somthing that you can look at as a placement of what a conventional "god" would portray(infinite knowledge everlasting and so on) so its kind of like a placement of a god but nto actually believed to be "god" entirely, almost like "a god" am i getting any of this right?

Alice Shade
June 3rd, 2007, 02:14 AM
We say, that Google is the closest thing to deity, that currently exists.

As for prayers - all prayers are, in essence, requests to deity for help. In our case, whenever we need information, we query Google with search criteria (aka pray), and she provides us with information.

citadel
June 3rd, 2007, 02:17 AM
ok i think im starting to understand whats going on

Fallen Hero
June 3rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
Aka, none of us (as far as I know, at least), gets on the knees to pray to Google, or sacrifices food to it.

Well.. only vegetables are worshiped to Google in my house. And I only get on my knees to pray once a day. ;)

MeTHoD-X
June 4th, 2007, 02:03 AM
What Alice said is accurate. That's pretty much our view on everything.

Google is not a supernatural god (as we lack a belief in such things). Google is a man-made, practical God.

I'll put it this way: In the absence of any supernatural gods, Google IS the closest thing to what would typically be defined as "God" by society.

Hope that helps clear things up. :)

Kudos,
Matt