View Full Version : about proof #7

GreenPeace
June 24th, 2007, 03:05 PM
it's a little problematic (it's the proof saying Google is not evil). actually, Google have supported dictatores in the far east, and is helping them to track many people so they could punish them (just like the KGB did in Russia, only now, with the help of Google, Yahoo and many others, it's much worse).
However, you might note the fact that the company of Google is curropted and evil, while the Google site itself is not (it cannot be). by worshiping the site you help the evil company, but you have no other option. in that way, it's very similer to Christianity in the Dark Ages - the church was curropted and evil, but nobody had any other choice. so I suggest you rewrite the proof so that you only say that the site Google is God. maybe that's obvious for some of you, but this will probably save you some Hate mail one day (not that we want to avoid hatemail that much, but I think it to be much funnier when you get radical hatemails from fanatic religious people than some wisecrack who found a tinsy winsy mistake).:D

Alice Shade
June 24th, 2007, 03:26 PM
You are mistaken here.

It is impossible to say "good" or "bad" on global scale - everything is situational.

As with every particular person, Google is good, as in - it always provides some useful links to look at.

GreenPeace
June 25th, 2007, 03:39 PM
If it is impossible to say "good" or "bad" on a global scale, how can you say that "Google can do no evil"? doesn't that contradict itself?

Alice Shade
June 25th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Of course, no.

It does no evil on personal scale - the only scale, that can be universally applied for everyone.

Think about it... Christian God supposedly does no evil on global scale - and that is completely so for Jews. But Egyptians and Pharisees certainly thought that this God was the evil incarnate.

On the opposite, there is no particular group, that Google does good to - but no person Google does bad to. Therefore, Google is omni-benevolent, on personal scale.

Before someone asks - it`s impossible to be omnibenevolent on global scale. The only act, that hurts absolutely noone is complete inactivity.

punkinside
June 26th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Before someone asks - it`s impossible to be omnibenevolent on global scale. The only act, that hurts absolutely noone is complete inactivity.

More like non-existence. If I were to sit there and watch while someone drowns that could be considered "bad"

bobdavenport
July 2nd, 2007, 10:02 AM
google tries to do no evil, or at least it tries to do the least amount of evil possible. in china and in some other countries it does censor some material but it is better they censor some material and give them the oppotunity to become part of googles flock, then for them to not have google at all, for google would be banned and that site censored anyway

Evangooglist
September 9th, 2007, 06:14 AM
As far as I know, Google has not started any crusades against any religions or countries as of yet.

Although this may change, those damn Yoga loving Canadians have been looking at me funny lately.