View Full Version : Does Googlism allow dual religion affiliation?

parry_mathur
July 3rd, 2007, 12:16 PM
Does googlism allow a person to be affiliated to more than one religion?

Is there any religion at all, that allows yo to do so?

What are the laws of googlism?

Does it have official scriptures?

Who wrote the laws of googlism?

Why are the prayers of googlism mimicked after christian prayers?

Does google have a human representation?

Are people really serious about it? Are there people out there actually working to get this as an official, multi-government recognised religion?

punkinside
July 3rd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Does googlism allow a person to be affiliated to more than one religion?

Yes. Most other religions don't. For example, I think Google, Eric Clapton and Chocolate are all g*ds.

Is there any religion at all, that allows yo to do so?

Well, all my religions do.

What are the laws of googlism?

1. Don't be a dick.
2. Use google to search for information so you can enlighten yourself.

Does it have official scriptures?

No. We were coming up with a "recommended reading list" of various books and articles we thought were representative of our beliefs, but this is all about finding your own way.

Who wrote the laws of googlism?

Nobody.

Why are the prayers of googlism mimicked after christian prayers?

Because they're mockeries of Christian prayers.

Does google have a human representation?

No.

Are people really serious about it? Are there people out there actually working to get this as an official, multi-government recognised religion?

AFAIK, No. Though it would be sweet not to have to pay taxes :icon_lol:

Seriously, you're getting this all wrong. Read more carefully through the website and the forum and you'll get a clearer picture. How come nobody has time for that sort of thing anymore? Actually knowing what is going on before wasting precious bits in a server with questions that have been answered a billion trillions time before. And what's with the big first letters?

Digs
July 3rd, 2007, 03:45 PM
I suspect that Google doesn't actually care whether you're a dick or not. There'll be social repercussions if you are, but Google won't give you different results on a search worded the same exact way if you've, say, punched two babies this morning.

Indeed, Google does not exert any influence on the manner of behaviour you exhibit at all.

punkinside
July 4th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Yeah, but its always good to add that one to any set of rules. Its funny how moses could've carried these laws in his pocket and not break them in a hissy fit when he finds the jews worshipping a cow or something.

Don't be a dick = { don't lie, kill, steal or cheat } There, all the worthwhile commandments in one sentence. :D And that's just common sense!

FreeDUMBisFREE
July 19th, 2007, 05:11 AM
This question sure gets asked alot! I even asked it myself when I joined the Google Church! As for me, I still think of Baseball as a Religion (although I'm only joking when I say it) and I bvelong to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so I think multi-religious affiliation is tolerable.

Fallen Hero
July 19th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Having more than one religion is allowed by us... the prayers are comically copied off of the christian prayers. In fact, most of this site is just a copy of the Christian beliefs (considering we are parodying them). Rules do not exsist, with exception of the forum rule "Don't be a prick". (And even that is not heavily controlled.

MeTHoD-X
July 22nd, 2007, 04:11 AM
I suspect that Google doesn't actually care whether you're a dick or not. There'll be social repercussions if you are, but Google won't give you different results on a search worded the same exact way if you've, say, punched two babies this morning.

Indeed, Google does not exert any influence on the manner of behaviour you exhibit at all.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure man.

Compare the results of this search (http://www.google.com/search?q=what+the+fuck+is+the+definition+of+lucky+tell+me+right+the+fuck+NOW%21&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) to this search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=bLm&q=define%3A+lucky&btnG=Search) and see for yourself. ;)

Being a dick to Google is totally out ofthe question. ;)

Kudos,
Matt

Alice Shade
July 22nd, 2007, 08:23 AM
Naa. First is just badly made request.

You can be a dick to Google, if you make correct search queries.

Try searching for "why Google sucks" or something similar. You`ll see my point.

Digs
July 23rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
Hmmm, I'm not so sure man.

Compare the results of this search (http://www.google.com/search?q=what+the+fuck+is+the+definition+of+lucky+tell+me+right+the+fuck+NOW%21&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a) to this search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=bLm&q=define%3A+lucky&btnG=Search) and see for yourself. ;)

Being a dick to Google is totally out ofthe question. ;)

Kudos,
Matt

Oh my, even in a library I lol'd.