View Full Version : New Book of Google

for the love of google
July 28th, 2007, 08:07 PM
I had an idea this morning. We can take some threads and change them into stories. These could be the passages of the Book of Google.

What do you think? It could then be flawed and imperfect just like other religous books.

Alice Shade
July 29th, 2007, 06:56 AM
And what threads are you going to use for that, pray tell?

How about you`ll take one, and show a primer of what you want to write?

Rand
August 3rd, 2007, 11:22 PM
I have a few potential threads.

- http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1839

The telling of certain parts of The Church's values and purposes by one of the ministers (Using yours, Alice, I think).

- (any number of the hatemails)

The valiant of defense of Google from the non believers (with NO violence, just intelligent wording!)

- (The Commandments, the FAQ, Proof)

Self explained, I think. Can be part of the first, yeah?

- http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1834

The many uses of Google.

(EDIT): Will add more as I get ideas/time

Vexx
August 4th, 2007, 12:23 AM
I, myself, don't think we need much of a 'Book of Google'. I think that since Google is online, so should it's 'book'. Since CoG already has a website with everything needed to know and we have these forums...It's like an interactive online book of Google. Why should we need another? =P

Rand
August 4th, 2007, 12:25 AM
For the satirical value?

Vexx
August 4th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Also, it'll probably give hate-mailers more of a reason to complain "Omigawds, ur jst copying -insertreligionhere- u even gt a bookzorz!!1!!1!one!"

But I suppose if anyone wants to try to make one, go ahead. Just make sure someone's going to be willing to buy it, should you publish it, or read it, if you just post it somewhere.

Rand
August 4th, 2007, 01:29 AM
And, we're going to not do something because of idiots complaining to us so we can make fun of them why?

I think it'd be a cool idea that could be cool in the long run if we put some thought into it.

It would be... requires input. No input, it's not going to happen.

Vexx
August 4th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Put some thought into it, huh? I'm listening.
Whoever actually wants to put this into action should step up...It only seems like there's about two or three people so far.

Rand
August 4th, 2007, 02:30 AM
I'd be willing to do some stories on an off... I like to write. But need more ideas

Vexx
August 4th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Plan on making it like a bible? Go ahead and take it and Google-ify a bible then. 9.9 since the idea basically came from holy scripture

"first there was nothing...then came the big bang! Eventually man evolved and then Google was created!"

Or begin it with a user's manual...Actually, that might work. The User Manual for Googleists....

Rand
August 4th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Want to be a bit more creative than that... make a better bible. One with less contradictions... or we can cover it with obvious ones.

Agnostic
February 26th, 2008, 08:02 PM
A very long, long time ago, something happened, nobody really knows what, because nobody was there. A lot of theories abound, but hey, nobody is sure, so anything we could give you in this book, won't be verifiable. Neither are most claims, made in other books which rival this, easy to break down, because, like we said before, NOBODY WAS THERE.

anyway, i'll just quit, since it sounds more like an agnostic bible (contradiction in terms?)

and as you can see, i love to ramble