View Full Version : Is Google God or and Angel of God (The Internet)?

voidportal
August 3rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
It seems to me, admittedly just a lowly mortal petitioner, that Google is more an Angel of God, and that God is the Internet.

Wikipedia could said to be another Angel. There are many other angels (websites and search engines), but Google and Wikipedia are two of the Archangels, conveying our questions to God more directly and more all-knowingly than most other, lesser angels.

When the Internet is down, Google is not available. There is not a time when the Internet is down but Google is available. Hence, the Internet is more powerful, and Google depends on God; not the other way around.

Rand
August 3rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Metaphorically, Google could be the sort of arch angel of the internet, as it is the highest quality and most used search engine of the search engine pool, since the internet is required for Google to work properly. This probably gives significance to routers. Could call them those things like uh... well, damn it, all it is is the connection of my computer to the internet.

Computer = You, or a representation of you

Internet = God

Router = Connection to God

Search Engines = Angels -- This would work, as the devil's search engine, powered by Microsoft, would be a 'fallen' angel

or it could be polytheistic, like the Greeks. The internet can be heaven (Mt. Olympus), Search Engines could be Gods, Computers could be humans, and the Router our voice.

Really depends on what way you want to think about it.

Alice Shade
August 3rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
By that logic, we have to assume that whole universe is God, ultimately.

Which, frankly, would make us Hinduists.

Rand
August 3rd, 2007, 11:10 PM
Eh, it's all metaphoric. Can compare this to Religion just as easily as a mall.

Internet = Foundation

Computer = Potential Customers

Websites = Store / information center

Search Engines = Maps (with pictures and descriptions)

Router = Ears, Eyes, Voices of all.

Would that make us worshipers of a Map of the Mall with the "You are here" red dot too? ^^

Alice Shade
August 4th, 2007, 03:03 AM
This is why Googlism is much closer to Atheism and Agnosticism.

And Satanism, ironically.

It`s not like we seek the "biggest" god of them all - rather, proclaim allegiance with specific deity we deem to be beneficial for us.

Rand
August 4th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Such as a Mall terminal that offers directions.

Alice Shade
August 4th, 2007, 03:36 AM
If Mall terminal is your most useful ally - why not?

Frankly, I`ve yet to see something, that would offer me as diverse of a help, as Google - information is key to victory.

If there was no such... I`d probably worship my rifles. ^_^

darkeye11547
October 1st, 2007, 12:53 AM
In the absence of google, I'd probably just worship the campus library, blessed be its eight stories, filled with dusty tomes.