View Full Version : Church of Google Podcast

jimbobjounes
August 18th, 2007, 01:10 PM
With the podcast revolution I thought we could do with a podcast maby have some news about the site or prayers or something
Thanks Adam Davies

Rand
August 18th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Though it's a decent idea... I don't think there's enough going on to justify a podcast, unless we get SAVAGE and Alice in it together to butt heads together in debates.

Alice Shade
August 20th, 2007, 07:27 AM
No, thanks.

Sadly, while the idea of podcast sounds fun, it would suffer the same fate as blog and newsletter. Aka, die from lack of news to report on.

___

Maybe it would be a fun way to raise popularity a bit, if we hosted a radio station podcast (aka, music), but that does sounds pretty farfetched, too.

Digs
August 20th, 2007, 02:06 PM
If we never have any news going on, maybe we should all sit down and decide on something to make happen.

Alice Shade
August 21st, 2007, 03:53 AM
Tried, Digs. A lot of times.

To cut a long story short, numerous slow-downs make that kind of deal too hard to come through with. By the time thing goes through (even partially), people completely lose interest in whole deal.

If he had some kind of fast responce protocol, it would be much more feasible, but well... Fast responce suggests proficiency and effectiveness, which is in short supply around.

Rand
August 21st, 2007, 04:48 AM
If we can't get a blog to work, a Podcast won't do much better..

The only thing I could see the CoG Podcast being on is debates and talks about the forums. Probably taking a specific debate and going from there for 30-60 minutes.

I could see Alice, Method, Savage, Digs, and Lord Penguin goin' at it, maybe even Vexx, (pretty much anyone who is active) but I don't think we have to organization to do something of this scale yet.

Let's wait to grow, yeh?

Alice Shade
August 21st, 2007, 04:54 AM
Do you honestly want to podcast any of Savage`s "arguments", Rand?

It`s sad enough to have them on the forum. No need to shove them in everyone`s face. (Oh, and your list is far from complete. ^_^)

Rand
August 21st, 2007, 05:02 AM
Of course the list is far from complete... I'd have to think hard at who would be good to debate, I know there are tons.

I don't want a podcast full of Savage's arguments, I want a podcast full of beating up Savage's arguments that I can listen to on a rainy day to cheer me up... I honestly think it'd be the most entertaining thing.

If we were to keep Savage out, though, I could see five of us or so taking a topic and debating it, such as communism.. long as the topic was released a day or so before, as we want to have a good debate, not a bunch of waiting on people to wiki or google up something.

Alice Shade
August 21st, 2007, 05:22 AM
Sigh.

As much as I`d like to keep Savage out, it needs a cause. And while he is annoying, he isn`t directly harassing anyone enough yet.

As for debate... There WAS Formal Debate forum. It was never used, because noone ever could be assed to start one. (And Yes, I had posted a challenge to debate with anyone, before.)

Rand
August 21st, 2007, 05:32 AM
Gets a bit hard to summon the will after a while... we also aren't too diverse in hot topics such as abortion, stem cell research, gay marriage, drug legalization

Could always try euthanasia, gun control, the war, death penalty, Microsoft vs Apple, Rock vs Rap.. the list goes on.

We're just not that diverse in the hot topic debate department, hence why we've gone from debating to just insulting each other. We could be debating why Half Life 2 is better than Doom 3 for all I care (it is, damn it)

Alice Shade
August 21st, 2007, 06:00 AM
How about starting some of those and seeing if it garners any interest?

Rand, as much as I like arguing, it gets old after a while.

And that is certainly not pod-cast worthy.

Rand
August 21st, 2007, 06:09 AM
I share the same opinion, far as not pod-cast worthy. Arguing gets old after a while if you are debating with someone who is either a brick wall or is just stupid, but if the person is a respectable opponent, it gets old far slower..

AaronD
August 21st, 2007, 07:02 AM
Of course the list is far from complete... I'd have to think hard at who would be good to debate, I know there are tons.

I don't want a podcast full of Savage's arguments, I want a podcast full of beating up Savage's arguments that I can listen to on a rainy day to cheer me up... I honestly think it'd be the most entertaining thing.

If we were to keep Savage out, though, I could see five of us or so taking a topic and debating it, such as communism.. long as the topic was released a day or so before, as we want to have a good debate, not a bunch of waiting on people to wiki or google up something.

Wait, I'm not included? Although I've stayed out of most of the arguments lately, I'm certainly not inactive.

Rand
August 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
In the list of debaters, you're in the "other" group.

I could only think of a few people off the top of my head.. was tired too... tons of you are great debaters.

AaronD
August 22nd, 2007, 06:16 AM
I took part in a lot of the debates in my earlier posts, but lately there are just a ton of points that I don't have strong opinions about one way or the other, and I've been getting on these forums when I'm exhausted, right before I go to bed, so I haven't really been in my prime.