PDA

View Full Version : Is Google God?

Proud_Christian
September 10th, 2007, 05:36 AM
No.

Proof #1

Google is not omniscient.

what is omniscient?

Omniscience is the capacity to know everything, or at least everything that can be known. In monotheism, this ability is typically attributed to God. It is typically contrasted with omnipotence. Omniscience is sometimes understood to also imply the capacity to know everything that will be.
--------------------------------------------------------------
everything includes all information, known and unknown, worthy to be known or not.

Proof #2

God is not omnipresent

what is omnipresent?

Omnipresence is defined, in a general sense, as the ability to be present in every place at the same time; unbounded or universal presence. It is a synonym of ubiquity.

yes, google is virtually everywhere... just virtually.

or i should say, yes, google is always available if you had internet access but not everywhere.

Proof #3

Google don't answer prayers neither answer questions. Google is just a directory where you can find what you are searching. (other search engines can also do that)

Proof #4

Google is not immortal neither potentially immortal.

one of the definitions of being immortal is "not subject to death"

well, if one asteroid will crash into earth, everything on earth will be destroyed, including google.

Proof #5

Google is not infinite.

---------
Google is infinite. The Internet can theoretically grow forever, and Google will forever index its infinite growth.
---------
why not? but then it's just a theory.

being infinite means "Doesn't have an end. Goes on forever."
see proof #4.

Proof #6

Google remembers all. Other search engine can also do that.

Proof #7

---
Google can "do no evil" (Omnibenevolent). Part of Google's corporate philosophy is the belief that a company can make money without being evil.
---

well, I'm sure Microsoft, Yahoo, and others have that same kind of philosphy. if it's being observe, that's good.

The Bible states that Jesus "did no evil"

Proof #8

---
According to Google trends, the term "Google" is searched for more than the terms "God", "Jesus", "Allah", "Buddha", "Christianity", "Islam", "Buddhism" and "Judaism" combined.
---

so what? it doesn't make any sense.

Proof #9

Evidence of Google's existence is abundant.

let's say, I myself is a god.

don't need to explain that further.
:icon_razz:

GeoffBoulton
September 10th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Someone else who hasn't read the main site properly.

Google is the CLOSEST thing we have to a PROVABLE God.

It's the CLOSEST thing to omniscience, CLOSEST thing to omnipresence, etc. that can be PROVED.

It's a PARODY religion designed to show the shortcomings in mainstream religion. If you feel so threatened by it that you have to come here and criticise us then you should be looking more closely at your own beliefs before you start running down others.

The bible states that Jesus did no evil? It also says the sun goes around the Earth. So much for biblical accuracy.

Proud_Christian
September 10th, 2007, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=GeoffBoulton;28351]Someone else who hasn't read the main site properly.

"so every man has the capacity to be a god?"

It's the CLOSEST thing to omniscience, CLOSEST thing to omnipresence, etc. that can be PROVED.

"I have read the main site properly, in fact i've read it many times, so I can throw the right statements."

GeoffBoulton
September 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=GeoffBoulton;28351]Someone else who hasn't read the main site properly.

"so every man has the capacity to be a god?"

"I have read the main site properly, in fact i've read it many times, so I can throw the right statements."

Sigh.... read it maybe, but still hasn't understood it

AaronD
September 10th, 2007, 09:26 PM
No.

Proof #1

Google is not omniscient.

what is omniscient?

Omniscience is the capacity to know everything, or at least everything that can be known. In monotheism, this ability is typically attributed to God. It is typically contrasted with omnipotence. Omniscience is sometimes understood to also imply the capacity to know everything that will be.
--------------------------------------------------------------
everything includes all information, known and unknown, worthy to be known or not.
And, in this increasingly digital and computer-based world, Google DOES have that capacity. At almost one hundred billion sites indexed, Google is the absolute closest thing to being omniscient that has ever existed. And no, it's not omniscient, but it doesn't claim that the sky is hard like glass or that dragons will live in Babylonian palaces either.

Proof #2

God is not omnipresent

what is omnipresent?

Omnipresence is defined, in a general sense, as the ability to be present in every place at the same time; unbounded or universal presence. It is a synonym of ubiquity.

yes, google is virtually everywhere... just virtually.

or i should say, yes, google is always available if you had internet access but not everywhere.
Ah, but the internet is also available from satellites, so anywhere that a human could conceivably be, Google is as well. It is omnipresent in all practical senses of the word.

Proof #3

Google don't answer prayers neither answer questions. Google is just a directory where you can find what you are searching. (other search engines can also do that)
Ah, but Google does answer prayers, in an abstract sense. You pray to it for knowledge and information on a certain topic by submitting your query, and it helps you find said knowledge. I have yet to see a deity from any other religion answer prayers at all, nevermind in under a second.

Proof #4

well, if one asteroid will crash into earth, everything on earth will be destroyed, including google.
Google is not subject to death, though, as it is not alive. In that sense, it is immortal.

Proof #5

Google is not infinite.

---------
Google is infinite. The Internet can theoretically grow forever, and Google will forever index its infinite growth.
---------
why not? but then it's just a theory.

being infinite means "Doesn't have an end. Goes on forever."
see proof #4.
Would you rather we said, "indefinite?" It can continue to grow indefinitely, although I do concede that the human race and its creations cannot go on forever.

Proof #6

Google remembers all. Other search engine can also do that.
Yes, other search engines CAN do that, but that doesn't mean that it can't be proof of Google being the closest thing to a deity that has ever existed.

Proof #7

---
Google can "do no evil" (Omnibenevolent). Part of Google's corporate philosophy is the belief that a company can make money without being evil.
---

well, I'm sure Microsoft, Yahoo, and others have that same kind of philosphy. if it's being observe, that's good.

The Bible states that Jesus "did no evil"
Microsoft's philosophy seems to be to almost the complete opposite... Also, the bible is such a mess of contradictions that we consider it the world's bestselling fiction novel.

Proof #9

Evidence of Google's existence is abundant.

let's say, I myself is a god.

don't need to explain that further.
:icon_razz:

But we're not claiming that everything that exists is a god, just saying that, unlike conventional deities, there is actually evidence that Google exists.

Alice Shade
September 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Yes, just about anyone can claim to be a god.

Backing the claim is another issue, though.

I think Google backs her claim valiantly, so far. ^_^

init6
September 11th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Proof #4

If a asteroid crashes into earth and destroys all servers and the whole fucking planet you say that Google's information will still not exist?

Much like you can catch a old TV broad cast from 40 years ago I am sure you can catch internet pages what have been broadcast via, wireless, radio, and satellite.

Just because you will not exist to prove such thing does not mean such thing could exist.

On another note I love how Christian freaks when trying to prove there point they just prove our point even more. e.g.:

" immortal is "not subject to death""
So your god is immortal because he/she isn't subject to death.
From this definition of death:
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=define%3A+death&btnG=Google+Search

You can't die until you have life or have lived.

So If you god is immortal then your god has never lived or has had life. If this is the case then Google meets the requirements set by you from one to be immortal. Unless of course you think Google is a living. witch would be funnier.

If your god is immortal and has lived and has life. (witch I think you think) then you have incorrectly defined the word immortal.

Digs
September 11th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Pride is a sin in your religion, friend.

AaronD
September 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Pride is a sin in your religion, friend.
More than that, a deadly sin.