View Full Version : HOW DARE YOU

dylanagq
September 17th, 2007, 02:18 AM
YOU GUYS ALL MAKE ME SICK! YOU INSULT THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER AND THEREBY INSULT ME! I only hope that one day you all will by touched by his noodley appendage! You all should be ASHAMED! I Wish to refure you all to The Gospel of The Flying Spaghetti Monster (http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-Flying-Spaghetti-Monster/dp/0812976568)

http://www.boegerweb.com/files/images/flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg
THIS IS SARCASTIC!!!

Evangooglist
September 17th, 2007, 02:33 AM
http://forums.pcapex.com/attachments/anything_goes/1660d1047462226-funny_pics_youve_seen_recently-god.jpeg

Loki
September 17th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Insult the FSM? I don't think so - do you post at venganza.org? I hope so! Otherwise you're a bit out of order!

AaronD
September 17th, 2007, 03:22 AM
If I'm not mistaken, we already have allies at the CoFSM. We're not incompatible with them, you know. And several of us (including Loki, but not including me) are members.

dylanagq
September 17th, 2007, 04:37 AM
If I'm not mistaken, we already have allies at the CoFSM. We're not incopatible with them, you know. And several of us (including Loki, but not including me) are members.

but Dont you see?? If you don't fallow the 8 I'd Really Rather You Didnt's you could end up in an eternity of stale beer and strippers with VD

THIS IS SARCASTIC!!!

Loki
September 17th, 2007, 03:38 PM
but Dont you see?? If you don't fallow the 8 I'd Really Rather You Didnt's you could end up in an eternity of stale beer and strippers with VD

#1 being?

"I'd really rather you didn't act like a sanctimonious holier-than-thou ass when describing my noodly goodness. If some people don't believe in me, that's okay. Really, I'm not that vain. Besides, this isn't about them so don't change the subject."

As AaronD has said - CoFSM and CoG are comrades in arms. No hostility exists between us and none ever will IMO.

I, for one, will be drinking at the beer volcano with Douglas Adams and I'm pretty sure that the Googlites will have a free pass too.

Honestly - let's not forget the ideology behind CoFSM and CoG - eh?

Alchemist

RebornGooglist
September 17th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah, he'd really rather you didn't act like a sanctimonious holier-than-thou ass when describing his noodly goodness, so now you are damned to stale beer and strippers with VD....

I'm both really, because they both kinda stand for the same thing! If you look past the difrences....

dylanagq
September 17th, 2007, 08:39 PM
you know I have to wonder if all religions start in a similer way, sarcasm taken WAYYY to far, so much that people actually start to believe it themselves. Soon people are born into the sarcasm and think its totally real, before you know it you have a full blown religion with many followers.

THIS IS NOT SARCASTIC!!!

Loki
September 17th, 2007, 09:41 PM
you know I have to wonder if all religions start in a similer way, sarcasm taken WAYYY to far, so much that people actually start to believe it themselves. Soon people are born into the sarcasm and think its totally real, before you know it you have a full blown religion with many followers.

Is that aimed at yourself or one of us? I fail to see how I could be accused of taking anything too seriously :D

Was your comment sarcastic? Well, blessed be I missed it and I'm normally very good at sarcasm:icon_twisted:

EDIT: You haven't answered my question btw - do you post on Venganza.org?

dylanagq
September 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Is that aimed at yourself or one of us? I fail to see how I could be accused of taking anything too seriously :D

Was your comment sarcastic? Well, blessed be I missed it and I'm normally very good at sarcasm:icon_twisted:

EDIT: You haven't answered my question btw - do you post on Venganza.org?

It was nonsarcastically aimed at FSM and invisible pink unicorn followers, no I don't post on Venganza
THIS IS NOT SARCASTIC!!!

Loki
September 18th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Ok then - a serious answer to a serious question.

There is very little chance that anyone on CoFSM will get too serious about it - the regulars will give them a kick up the arse!
Sure, sometimes we get "yeah - let's start a crusade and kill the xtians!" They don't last! I've no idea about the IPU - never been there.

I think you can sleep easily about CoG and CoFSM - the folks aren't stupid - we know parody from parable!

dylanagq
September 18th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Ok then - a serious answer to a serious question.

There is very little chance that anyone on CoFSM will get too serious about it - the regulars will give them a kick up the arse!
Sure, sometimes we get "yeah - let's start a crusade and kill the xtians!" They don't last! I've no idea about the IPU - never been there.

I think you can sleep easily about CoG and CoFSM - the folks aren't stupid - we know parody from parable!

yea but then look at Scientology for a minute and tell me its any different
THIS IS NOT SARCASTIC!!!

AaronD
September 18th, 2007, 12:26 AM
It's very different. Have you ever seen http://www.xenu.net ?

dylanagq
September 18th, 2007, 12:31 AM
It's very different. Have you ever seen http://www.xenu.net ?

it was created by a freakin science fiction writer, you want to tell me it didn't start as a joke??
THIS IS NOT SARCASTIC!!!

AaronD
September 18th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Yes, I do. L. Ron Hubbard has publicly stated the following:

If you want to make a lot of money, start your own religion

dylanagq
September 18th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Yes well I doubt considerably, that when he first started up he expected things to all work out
THIS IS NOT SARCASTIC!!!

Loki
September 18th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Dylanagq - If you're that worried why not go over to the other site and read the latest threads - not the forums, the main pages.
Then tell me that we're like Hubbard's victims! FFS - we even bitch at Bobby from time to time!

Come on! Look at the posts here! This is parody. FSM is parody.
We know that!
Honestly! Chill :icon_eek:

dylanagq
September 18th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Dylanagq - If you're that worried why not go over to the other site and read the latest threads - not the forums, the main pages.
Then tell me that we're like Hubbard's victims! FFS - we even bitch at Bobby from time to time!

Come on! Look at the posts here! This is parody. FSM is parody.
We know that!
Honestly! Chill :icon_eek:

Your missing my point, I was trying to say, that its a possibility such acts of sarcasm may be responsible for Christianity
THIS IS NOT SARCASTIC!!!

Digs
September 18th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Dude, Hubbard had a plan and he gave it his all. One at least has to acknowledge that. He didn't go in with the aim of failin', he went in with the aim of gettin' a small, affluent army and a considerable fortune, and by cracky he did it.

The Church of Google rather conspicuously does not want money and its only noted goal is to further the proper use and love of reason, intelligence and knowledge.

SAVAGE
September 18th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Your missing my point, I was trying to say, that its a possibility such acts of sarcasm may be responsible for Christianity

Hey listen dylanEGG.....your a twta and if you think you FSMis any kind of shit then your a fucking dad fondler (slighty less of a Dada Wanker, but damn close to it).

Its a parody sight get over it, end of fucking story or your going to wind up with puKe inside small noodly bit in your nostril (the only hole wherte it can touch the sides.)

Loki
September 18th, 2007, 07:45 PM

Ya - it's a possibility that god exists. It's possible that your hand will pass through a solid object. It's possible that England will win the Ashes!

Not probable though!

If we lived our lives on possibilities we'd never get out of bed - hell, it's possible that I'll trip up on the dog and break my neck! (I'm sure a few people hope that's a probable ;D) - should I not risk it?

This site, CoFSM etc are fun! They are educational, irreverent, inane at times - true - but still fun!

Try having a laugh - it helps!

dylanagq
September 18th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Ya - it's a possibility that god exists. It's possible that your hand will pass through a solid object. It's possible that England will win the Ashes!

Not probable though!

If we lived our lives on possibilities we'd never get out of bed - hell, it's possible that I'll trip up on the dog and break my neck! (I'm sure a few people hope that's a probable ;D) - should I not risk it?

This site, CoFSM etc are fun! They are educational, irreverent, inane at times - true - but still fun!

Try having a laugh - it helps!

Holy crap, whys everyone all ralyed up against me? I withdraw all my comments.... yeesh, I was just trying to spark a philosophically discussion.... I wasn't trying to say FSMism or googlism is going to become a religion, I was just saying that theres a fair chance some religions started out of the misted of sarcasm.... you guys arnt very user friendly you know....

THIS IS NOT SARCASTIC!!!

Alice Shade
September 18th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Is it really relevant, frankly?

The idea of search engine being a deity is not new, and not just ours. It would be damn tough to try and corner the market on the idea, that`s been busting every damn thinking cap off the noggin for the last five years.

Yes, every religion can become a cult, as long as followers forget they are voluntary there, and start treating it as life-or-death duty. If someone`d become like that here, I`d do my best to remove such person from the resource - they`d be too damn dangerous otherwise.

Loki
September 18th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Well - I agree with Alice (don't faint!) If I thought anyone *really* believed in CoG, CoFSM as Christians believe in JC or Scientologist believe in Xena, Warrior Princess ;P I'd do everything in my power to disabuse them of that!

I'd have nothing to do with them!

"Holy crap, whys everyone all ralyed up against me? I withdraw all my comments.... yeesh, I was just trying to spark a philosophically discussion.... I wasn't trying to say FSMism or googlism is going to become a religion, I was just saying that theres a fair chance some religions started out of the misted of sarcasm.... you guys arnt very user friendly you know...."

Were you hell - you were trying to start a fight!
You started off by claiming the Googlites where against the true Pastafarians - then when you found out I was a pastafarian you hit them - then the IPU!

Come on! If you want a philosophical discussion then I'm all for it.
I think free thinkers are the hope of this world!

dylanagq
September 19th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Were you hell - you were trying to start a fight!
You started off by claiming the Googlites where against the true Pastafarians - then when you found out I was a pastafarian you hit them - then the IPU!
!

That was still part of the sarcasm...... :icon_confused:

THIS IS NOT SARCASTIC!!!

Alice Shade
September 19th, 2007, 01:01 AM
You prob`ly need to work on your sarcasm a bit, then. Ain`t too obvious, is it? Tag some sarcastic smiley at the end, or something. ^_^

dylanagq
September 19th, 2007, 01:02 AM
ok hows that

Loki
September 19th, 2007, 01:22 AM
FFS - that's not sarcasm!
Do you normally use a green crayon or a blue crayon?
Are you allowed to sign your own name or do you have a legal representative to do that for you?

I ask this not to cause friction but to elucidate the truth? :D

paccapucca
October 16th, 2007, 12:36 AM
hi,im new being a googleist, and what the @#$% is the flying spaghetti monster?!

GeoffBoulton
October 16th, 2007, 01:12 AM
hi,im new being a googleist, and what the @#$% is the flying spaghetti monster?!

Ask Google and you shall recieve, unlike certain other Gods we could mention :icon_rolleyes:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (http://www.venganza.org/)