View Full Version : Reputation

Nirevus
October 9th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Unless I've missed it, the option for reputaton comments to be viewed through the UserCP isn't on. Is there a reason it's off, have I missed it or was it just not turned on to begin with? Would be nice to see who reputation came from, and what post.

AaronD
October 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Yes, it is on. You haven't gotten any rep yet, positive or negative. At this forum we give all new posters the benefit of the doubt, which is why you start with your rep in the green.

Nirevus
October 9th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Ahh okay then, thanks for clearing that up.

Lord_Jereth
October 9th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, it is on. You haven't gotten any rep yet, positive or negative. At this forum we give all new posters the benefit of the doubt, which is why you start with your rep in the green.

It does show which thread you got the rep points for, the date the reps were given and whatever comment the rep'er chose to leave but not actually the identity of who left them. At least, that's what shows in mine.

:icon_cool: LJ

Alice Shade
October 10th, 2007, 01:24 AM
It`s possible to give a positive rep without a comment.

Negative has to be commented on, though.

Comments are private - only the one at whom comments are directed can see them normally.

Each new poster starts with 10 points of reputation - which is supposed to mean, that everyone is somewhat respected here, at least until they show themselves to be.... unpleasant to deal with.

___

Reputation affects nothing, per ce, but if one were to hover mouse over rep bars, a certain message will be there - different for different levels of reputation.

___

People with negative reputation can`t give reputation to anyone.

People who give reputation often affect it less then people who give reputation rarely.

The more of green one has, the more he affects others` reputation.

AaronD
October 17th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Click on the User CP link. And people give rep based on good posts, so the more good posts you have the higher your rep will be.

AaronD
October 17th, 2007, 02:16 AM
hmm... mine says "posted by" as well.

Fallen Hero
October 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I turned mine off.. if you want to tell me you agree, do it publically, so that discussion on the topic can go further.