View Full Version : Explanations, explanations.

sr.hola
November 27th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I have just joined today and I've realized quite a few things. Hopefully, my writing will answer some questions.

1. If Google is God, then who is Jesus?
This question is actually quite simple to answer. Jesus came to enlighten, and that being said, the answer becomes exceedingly clear: YouTube. YouTube is a division of Google just as Jesus is a division of God. Google obviously has more power, but nonetheless YouTube has more influence.

2. If Google is God, then who is Satan:?
I'm going to have to disagree with the creators of Google on this one. Bear with me here, because obviously the Google Religion is based on logical information. Satan opposed God no matter what, hated Him, waged a war on Him, but his attempts were little more than feeble. In other words, he was powerless to stop Him. He even tried diverting attention from him and sent false prophets. So, obviously, Satan is quite simply the Google haters!

3. But what would that make Yahoo and other search engines?
They are just the opposing religions, ie: Buddhism, Islam, etc.

4. What about Apple and Microsoft?
Apple is the KJV Bible. It is the means by which you reach the Holy Gospel, and the Internet is literacy, which you need to receive the Word.

Microsoft is the translated Bible into modern English. It is optimized to change the results of your view. Although appearing the same, the message coming across is completely different.

Thank you for reading!

AaronD
November 27th, 2007, 08:35 PM
My responses to some of your responses :D

1. If Google is god, why would there be a Jesus? Christianity isn't the only religion, you know, and there are thousands of religions without messiahs or needs for them.

2. Microsoft still fits, if only because they claimed that Microsoft Live Search would overtake Google.

3. no comment on this, it's good as is.

4. Apple and Microsoft wouldn't be other bibles... They're companies. The Google that we propose is close to a deity is the search engine itself, not Google the company.

Other than that, those are pretty good.

sr.hola
November 27th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Thank you for your kind words!
about #1: I know that there are more religions than Christianity, I was just making a comparison with the religion I'm most familiar with.

And I see your point with the rest.

Steve420
November 28th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Excellent post, Aaron.

Wallsy
November 28th, 2007, 07:10 AM

As Aaron said, there's no need for an equivilent to Jesus. Google is the closest thing there is to a god, it's not a manifestation of the Christian god or something.

Again, there's no need for a Satan equivilent. You could regard competitors to Google as "evil gods", but the truth is that they're really just other things that are close to being gods, just like Google. They're not as close, but there's no reason they couldn't catch up or even overtake Google. And if, say, Yahoo! search got closer to being a god than Google has, then this would, logically, have to become the church of Yahoo!, because it's simply about recognising the thing that's closest to being a god.

3. But what would that make Yahoo and other search engines?
They are just the opposing religions, ie: Buddhism, Islam, etc.

Not opposing religions, opposing gods within the same pantheon.

4. What about Apple and Microsoft?

What about them? They're just businesses, they don't come into it.

Wallsy.

sudikics
December 1st, 2007, 07:59 PM
This question is actually quite simple to answer. Jesus came to enlighten, and that being said, the answer becomes exceedingly clear: YouTube. YouTube is a division of Google just as Jesus is a division of God. Google obviously has more power, but nonetheless YouTube has more influence.

I'm going to have to disagree with the creators of Google on this one. Bear with me here, because obviously the Google Religion is based on logical information. Satan opposed God no matter what, hated Him, waged a war on Him, but his attempts were little more than feeble. In other words, he was powerless to stop Him. He even tried diverting attention from him and sent false prophets. So, obviously, Satan is quite simply the Google haters!

I don't understand why there MUST be a jesus and the MUST be a satan. I talk about it here (http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/showthread.php?p=33241#post33241):

In general, I am disturbed and distressed by people's reactions to the "Google is God" idea. The general modern idea that a god must be something that you worship, that has prophets, is omnipotent, has a heaven, etc. is directly against what Googlism is about. People mock me and say, "Oh, how often do you worship Google?" failing to realize that Googlism is about the organization and spread of knowledge throughout humanity, from the masses to the masses.

Examples of this are Wikipedia and YouTube.

I think of Googlism as a science-based religion. People find that paradoxical, without seeing that their definition of "religion" is different from my definition of "religion."

killerabbit
December 4th, 2007, 01:32 AM
Microsoft and Apple are not bibles, browsers are. IE is the strange version no one understands, Firefox is the *continue inserting browser analogies here*