View Full Version : Church of Mexican Food?

sudikics
December 14th, 2007, 01:54 AM
Read the title. We were talking about this in another thread. Thoughts, anyone?

AaronD
December 14th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I can't stand beans OR spicy foods, so count me out. I'd starve.

sudikics
December 14th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Then what about guacamole?

AaronD
December 14th, 2007, 04:25 AM
It's got a strange texture to it that I can't honsetly describe as pleasant.

sudikics
December 14th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Well, no use trying to convert you. Anyone else?

EDIT: Maybe we should call ourselves, "Tacoists."

Sister Faith
December 14th, 2007, 08:00 PM
How about Taocoists :icon_question:

Vexx
December 14th, 2007, 10:58 PM
I like fajitas and cheese dip! :]

AaronD: New Jersey? PAH! You don't know what real Mexican food tastes!
Which brings up this question...what do you all consider 'Mexican Food'? some call Taco Bell (I spit on them!) Mexican Food while I, myself, am accustomed to TexMex...

sudikics
December 15th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I'm more of a burrito person, myself...

Alright, my perfect meal:

- Chicken burrito, with rice, pico de gallo, black beans, and guacamole, all wrapped up in a warmed tortilla.
- Chips, with guacamole
- Diet Coke with two limes

The closest I can find, within the United States, would be Baja Fresh, in Calfornia and I believe also NJ, AaronD. Before someone cries how fake that is, it actually is not that bad. Isn't there an preportional law between distance from Mexico and quality of Mexican food?

AaronD
December 15th, 2007, 06:06 AM

Which brings up this question...what do you all consider 'Mexican Food'? some call Taco Bell (I spit on them!) Mexican Food while I, myself, am accustomed to TexMex...

Oh yes, I do. I live right outside NYC, which has foods from just about every culture you can dream of, and has quite a large hispanic population. So yes, I've had Mexican. I've had Mexican at some good Mexican restaurants. I don't particularly like it.

Steve420
December 15th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Pretty much all "mexican food" is not for me.

Vexx
December 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Isn't there an preportional law between distance from Mexico and quality of Mexican food?

Meh, sorta. Usually if you go too far North and can't find a place run by actual hispanics, it turns into TexMex. Not too bad, but it's not real Mexican food!
The greatest Mexican food I say I've had was in this little shack down the street from me. Tiny place with about two booths and a table, but that food is amazing!

Aaron: Well thats good! :] Kinda used to Yankees saying they can't stand Mexican food, then say they've never really had real mexican food! It's rather odd...
Had a Northern friend visit once. :B That was fun. "What are these little flat bread things, again? Those were great!" "....Those would be tortillas."

sudikics
December 15th, 2007, 08:00 PM
I live in NYC, and there are 2 mexican places with ten blocks of my house. Both are pretty good.

Kokoba
December 16th, 2007, 10:51 PM

There's a huge Mexican population in the next town over from me, and I'm right across the river from Aaron. Just because we're not right next to the border doesn't mean real Mexican food isn't available. =P

I really like quesadillas, but that's about it. Anything else is just too spicy.

And Taocoists! I like that. Very clever. :P

sudikics
December 17th, 2007, 01:33 PM
By "across the river," you mean the Hudson?

killerabbit
December 19th, 2007, 06:47 PM
yar, i came back. one of the principal proponents of the CoMF. I say we should encourage this offshoot of the CoG to grow and expand until we surpass the original *is blaspheming*. Kinda like Christianity and Judaism