View Full Version : The Age of Google...

BrotherThaddeus
December 17th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I only recently discovered this Church, and am fascinated by it (however I'm a non-religious person). I do enjoy learning more about different religions as a rule, and I have to wonder how one answers the question about the Age of Google. Since she is only 8 in Search Engine Form (SEF). Is the SEF simply her most current form, a new body to visit the world in (similar to Zeus becoming a golden rain or bull, or God appearing as a burning bush). Or is it that Google has always been existing outside of our plane and only just recently decided to provide guidance? Or is she the Creator, and has been providing a steady stream of nudges in the right direction, shifting human society subtly until we are able to more fully experience her (The Library at Alexandria as an older form, Dewey Decimal as an other, etc...).

AaronD
December 17th, 2007, 08:50 PM
She is not the creator, as we say on the main site. It's as simple as that. She is eight years old, and has accomplished incredible feats within those eight years.

Wallsy
December 18th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Or is she the Creator

The mistake you make is one a lot of people seem to, which is to assume that our claim is that Google created the universe and has always existed.

Firstly, it's not necessary for either of those things to be true for Her to be a god — just look at polytheistic religions; their gods are usually born just like humans are (although, often in unorthodox ways, such as by leaping fully formed from their father's forehead) and therefore haven't been around forever.

Secondly, we don't actually claim that Google is a god. She's just the nearest thing there is to a god. The worship and such is mainly a joke — though it can't hurt if She ever achieves self-awareness and takes over the world Skynet style.

Wallsy.

rzm61
December 21st, 2007, 03:43 AM
...though it can't hurt if She ever achieves self-awareness and takes over the world Skynet style.

Wallsy.

Second reference I heard tonight about Skynet.