View Full Version : Death Penalty

Tyrocks11
February 7th, 2008, 02:52 PM
we should impose a death penalty(ban from church of google) to all those who do not visit the site more than once a month.

rzm61
February 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Well, welcome to the CoG

However banning someone because they didn't visit the site more then once a month is a little harsh mate.

No need to ban someone because they haven't visited the site in awhile.
If anything we should e-mail them encouraging them to come back. Kinda how Cobalt and Calcium has done for me quite a few times (Cobalt and Calcium is a fan site for Coheed and Cambria)

sudikics
February 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Great. Just great. You knew it would amount to this, right? Now we have a fundy Googlist. :(

rzm61
February 7th, 2008, 06:02 PM
He's not a fundie.
He's just a cat with a bad idea.

Also there is no fucking way hes a minister when he only has 2 posts.

Edit:
Not to mention negative rep.

sudikics
February 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
1. A death penalty? For non-active members?

2. Cursing and defaming non-believers?

3. Hubris? (Minister avatar)

Yeah. He's a fundy.

rzm61
February 7th, 2008, 06:26 PM
You can use minister/inquisitor avatars/sigs whether you are one or not.

Thats like false advertisement though.
People will get the wrong impression that hes a minister.

Yeah. He's a fundy.

:(
Sad.
Never thought we would have a fundy.

sudikics
February 7th, 2008, 06:31 PM
People will get the wrong impression that he's a minister.
And we don't exactly need his ideas being promoted as the ideas of the church....

rzm61
February 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Exactly.

I thought this thread was gonna be about the actual death penatly for criminals. Not banning non active members. Sure non active members suck in the way that they aren't active and contributing to the forum/church. Still though, thats on them. No reason to ban them unless they start spamming or some shit.

rzm61
February 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Yeah, and also with the negative rep he won't be getting passed the "Junior Member" status.

Also, he doesn't seem to be too active. Even in his own thread. Should we ban him? ;)

rzm61
February 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Rimmer, twas a joke man.
I don't really wanna ban him. Nor am I going on a power trip....seeing how I have no power here at the CoG.

And you're right. It does go by post count. Sorry, my mistake.

rzm61
February 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
My fault. I should of put [/sarc] after my statement. However I did put the winking smiley to show that I wasn't being too serious about it.

I am not really for banning members unless its absolutely nessicary because they are harassing other members or something to that nature.

rzm61
February 7th, 2008, 07:29 PM
and as I said, I should of put [/sarc] after my statement about the ban.

Bleeh
February 7th, 2008, 08:59 PM
sounds like killing someone for not going to church, tho they may pray every day. who is to judge other than Google, who doesn't search using her mighty search function enough? just because they are not around her church.

Kazuhiro
February 7th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Inquisitor? You can be an Inquisitor? Is that like a moderator?

I'm intrigued. The very idea of being an Inquisitor of the Church of Google is fun. Also-- is rep gained exclusively through people clicking the "add rep" button?

GeoffBoulton
February 7th, 2008, 09:20 PM
sounds like killing someone for not going to church, tho they may pray every day. who is to judge other than Google, who doesn't search using her mighty search function enough? just because they are not around her church.

Funnily enough, that was my first thought too. No, we don't want to be going down the tolerant Christian path of penalising people who don't attend. Let's be intolerant non-Christians and just let them get on with whatever else it is they're doing ;)

Loki
February 7th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Funnily enough, that was my first thought too. No, we don't want to be going down the tolerant Christian path of penalising people who don't attend. Let's be intolerant non-Christians and just let them get on with whatever else it is they're doing ;)

I disagree!
Burn them! Burn them all! Pass me the banana Ripley! For those devil fleas are attacking me again...

Ya - I like the idea of *say what ya like* - it's nice and calorie free.

sudikics
February 8th, 2008, 12:50 AM
And a total and random subject change:

How's turning that ball --> world in your avatar project going, Loki?

btw, that's a good photo of you. ;)

Loki
February 8th, 2008, 01:27 AM
LOL - Thanks for the reminder. I got distracted by a ball of string ...:fence:

sudikics
February 8th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Isn't that cats?

Kazuhiro
February 8th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Um, um.

What's an Inquisitor?

RealityRipple
February 8th, 2008, 02:57 AM
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

http://up.kupatrix.com/f/8/Motivational_Poster_Collection/Spanish_Inquisition.jpg

rzm61
February 8th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Isn't that cats?

Pretty sure it is.
Loki, you have some explaining to do.

(also I love how I am away for about 8 hours and a lot has gone down at the CoG. So while everyone was busy posting away. I was playing a show in Philly. Plus I couldn't wait till I got home to check the forum. Do you guys think I am a CoG addict yet?)

RealityRipple
February 8th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Just don't burn yourself out!

rzm61
February 8th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Never.
I can't get enough of the CoG.

Also, I wound up speaking to a lot of people today about it too. Mainly because people either:
A) saw me surfing the CoG
or
B) it came up in conversation.

I am not sure if anyone had enough interest to check it out. However they had enough interest to ask me what its all about. I gladly told them. :D

Loki
February 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Pretty sure it is.
Loki, you have some explaining to do.

(also I love how I am away for about 8 hours and a lot has gone down at the CoG. So while everyone was busy posting away. I was playing a show in Philly. Plus I couldn't wait till I got home to check the forum. Do you guys think I am a CoG addict yet?)

Easy explanation mate. I'm a shape shifter :D
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/l/loki.html

You're a CoG addict? It happens :D I've said this before but it's no less true for repeating...
...This place is like a pub. I come here to take the piss out of my mates and shoot the shit.

sudikics
February 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Wow. Good choice of a screenname, Loki. IT fits you. :D

Loki
February 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Cheers mate :D
The first avatar I used here was Frank n Furter from the Rocky Horror PS.
You'd have thought that, my screen name and my *Alchemist* name at CoFSM would have given the game away :D

Hell - I even told a satanist that I was a chaos magician. Still she didn't get it! (Alice - she used her Satanic powers against me - I used chaos magic:icon_cool:.
I don't believe in magic but I do believe in NLP;))

Fallen Hero
February 8th, 2008, 03:07 PM
NLP? My acronym decipherer is broken... /google... the psychotherapy? Blindness? AI processing? The Film company? one of the political parties?

Loki
February 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
NLP? My acronym decipherer is broken... /google... the psychotherapy? Blindness? AI processing? The Film company? one of the political parties?

Sorry mate - Neuro Linguistic Programming. A form of psy. Like all things it can be used or abused:icon_eek:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-linguistic_programming
http://www.anlp.org/index.asp?PageID=51

rzm61
February 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Easy explanation mate. I'm a shape shifter :D
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/l/loki.html

I remember you saying this before. Thanks for the link too. It was a nice read.

You're a CoG addict? It happens :D I've said this before but it's no less true for repeating...
...This place is like a pub. I come here to take the piss out of my mates and shoot the shit.

The only thing is we cant get out favorite brew here. So its more of a BYOB Pub. Ha ha. However I do agree with that this place is kinda like a pub.

Wallsy
February 9th, 2008, 12:48 PM
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/monty_python.jpg

http://spamusement.com/gfx/324.gif

Wallsy.

rzm61
February 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Ha ha, thank you for that Wallsy.
as soon as I read the RealityRipple's Spanish Inquisition post, I immediatly thought of The Knights Who Say Ni!

RealityRipple
February 9th, 2008, 08:12 PM
That's not very nice... I spent a good month memorizing the name of Johann gamblepudding duvahn auswern splinen shlit krascrin baum freeding ledangle doogle bahstein vonnack athresher apple banger horowitz tickle danzigg randina tischbell tinklegr andistch gund valnas baltas wasser kuhr schlisch imbeleisen bahnwagon guten abend bitteeinennur emburger bratwerst leg eschpurtmitz weimachel ubhuntz futgumber anderschon edeic herkaut schleich mittel reicher vonh aubt kauf auf olm.

rzm61
February 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
That's not very nice... I spent a good month memorizing the name of Johann gamblepudding duvahn auswern splinen shlit krascrin baum freeding ledangle doogle bahstein vonnack athresher apple banger horowitz tickle danzigg randina tischbell tinklegr andistch gund valnas baltas wasser kuhr schlisch imbeleisen bahnwagon guten abend bitteeinennur emburger bratwerst leg eschpurtmitz weimachel ubhuntz futgumber anderschon edeic herkaut schleich mittel reicher vonh aubt kauf auf olm.

That just confused the shit out of me.

sudikics
February 9th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Er, is that a character in a Monty Python movie? :icon_confused:

RealityRipple
February 9th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Flying Circus.... He was a composer that wasn't very well known.. and they spoke to his only living relative who died while saying his wife's name...

sudikics
February 9th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Er, I know about 120 digits of pi...

...and most of The Elements (http://www.privatehand.com/flash/elements.html).

I love Tom Lehrer. :D

RealityRipple
February 9th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Had to learn the periodic table for AP Chemistry.... and I have a text file of the first 2 million digits of Pi.

sudikics
February 9th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Oh, it's such a good song. "There's...antimony, arsenic, aluminum, selenium..."

http://pi.tymnd.com

rzm61
February 9th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Link is dead. :(

http://pi.ytmnd.com/

there ya go. ;)

sudikics
February 9th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Oops, typo in the link.

http://pi.ytmnd.com/

Fallen Hero
February 11th, 2008, 03:15 PM
German ftw!

although that is really hard to read at parts because not all of it is, and most of it is broken up over the spaces. It does say "Could I please have a Nurenburger sausage?" in there though, as well as water, danzig (a band), and a bunch of other words.

Loki
February 11th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Had to learn the periodic table for AP Chemistry....

You know the entire Periodic Table? Why?

Hell - I don't and my first degree is in Chemistry. They always gave us a table for exams.

RealityRipple
February 11th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I haven't tried to remember them in 2 years (last time someone asked me for chemistry help), but ya, once upon a time I had the natural 111 elements memorized...