View Full Version : Problem with one of your arguments

February 27th, 2008, 09:12 PM
There are many things I could choose to argue against with this, but that would take too long. So instead...
Google is MAN MADE and therefore cannot be God!

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. We completely agree with you! The Christian god, Islamic god and Hindu gods are also man made concepts. They exist only in the imagination of believers. We consider the belief in invisible beings to be much more illogical than the belief in Google (as a God).

The Christian god, Islamic god, and Hindu gods cannot be proven to be man-made concepts. However, google can be proven to be man-made by a team of people. Why do you consider something made by a team of people to be a god? Wouldn't you consider the people who made Google to be gods because they are the creators? Also, someone could easily make another search engine (and they have), such as yahoo or ask.com. Why don't you worship the yahoo or ask.com search engines?

punkinside
February 27th, 2008, 09:21 PM
There are many things I could choose to argue against with this, but that would take too long. So instead...

The Christian god, Islamic god, and Hindu gods cannot be proven to be man-made concepts. However, google can be proven to be man-made by a team of people. Why do you consider something made by a team of people to be a god? Wouldn't you consider the people who made Google to be gods because they are the creators? Also, someone could easily make another search engine (and they have), such as yahoo or ask.com. Why don't you worship the yahoo or ask.com search engines?

Of course its easy to prove the other gods are man made. Hard is proving they aren't!!

Look:

Bible: written by men.
Koran: written by Muhammed or something.
Talmud: written by men.

Can you prove it was written by any way other than by spewing pure unadulterated bullshit into scrolls?

Part two:

Google is the best search engine out there. Yahoo and others pale in comparison, you can view them as demi-gods if you like.

February 27th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I'm just saying, how can you believe Google is God if you absolutely know it's man-made. I just don't get it.

punkinside
February 27th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I'm just saying, how can you believe Google is God if you absolutely know it's man-made. I just don't get it.

Well, if you take the time to read a little more of our site and forum, you'll get it eventually ;)

Or I'm sure somebody with a little more patience, who isn't tired of answering the same question over and over again will spell it out for you ;)

You'll have to excuse me, I'm in a strange kinda mood right now... I have my thesis sitting right beside me and absolutely no will power to start typing.

February 27th, 2008, 09:31 PM
well, have fun with your religion! i just joined so i could ask a few questions. ;)

rzm61
February 27th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Oh trust me. We are having loads of fun here.

have fun worrying if you will be going to hell or not. If you believe in it that is.

February 27th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I believe in Hell, but I believe that as long as we live good lives (you know, not killing people and stuff like that), then we'll be okay. (I don't think that really follows my religion though. :) )

I have a question here: I know you have ministers, but do you have anything like a pope or something?

rzm61
February 27th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Question: Why would we need a pope?

February 27th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Question: Why would we need a pope?

I don't know, I was just wondering. Even though this isn't my religion, I still want to be educated about it.

rzm61
February 27th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Well we don't need a former Nazi leader to be our figure head.

Our figure head is basically Google. No need for a pope.
Organized Religion just like everything else in this world is basically a business.

February 27th, 2008, 10:06 PM
But you do have ministers. That makes it somewhat organized, doesn't it?

rzm61
February 27th, 2008, 10:07 PM
We aren't asking for money.
We don't have a physical church.
We don't have a heaven or hell....

We don't fit the criteria of other organized religions.
But yes, we are somewhat organized. Just we aren't like others.

February 27th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I see...

Evangooglist
February 27th, 2008, 11:05 PM
To answer your question.

I agree that Google is man made. Just as the Bible is man made. I don't think any one can argue with these facts.

Just as Christians believe that the Bible was written by man under the guidance of God. We believe that the Google was created by man under the guidance of the Goddess. If you believe in the argument that the Bible is the word of God, it shouldn't require a leap of faith to believe that Google is also a divine instrument.

February 27th, 2008, 11:11 PM
kind of off-topic:
evangooglist, i like ur signature. free candy :D

sudikics
February 27th, 2008, 11:25 PM
OK, who the hell -repped this guy?

Wait, was it for something else? I'll go check.

February 27th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I spammed.

rzm61
February 27th, 2008, 11:32 PM
It was Rimmer too! :icon_eek:

(not to be a tattle tale, just saying the trooth ;))

He did have good reason for it though.

February 27th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Thank you whoever just +repped me in this thread from -1284 to -691!

rzm61
February 27th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Don't kill me. >_>

We wont!

How could you become a minister if you were dead?

sudikics
February 28th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Why the hell would I kill you? I thought it was Él-Walso.

Wallsy
February 28th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Why the hell would I kill you? I thought it was Él-Walso.

I did as well, and I make no apology for it. He spammed, he got - rep'd. Simple.

Wallsy.

Fallen Hero
February 28th, 2008, 08:41 PM

We worship Google over Ask.com or Yahoo! because they are inferior in results. Google is the *closest* thing to a God. The creators are human therefore they die, and cannot be omnipresent.