View Full Version : How to Outsmart a Christian: The Tofu Way

Tofu
March 4th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Tofu: What makes you believe in God?
Christian: Everything must have been created by some greater force.
Tofu: How do you know?
Christian: I can feel it inside me.
Tofu: How do you know that this feeling isn't caused by insanity?
Christian: Because doctors have told me that I'm sane.
Tofu: How do you know that those doctors aren't insane themselves?
Christian: Because other doctors have told them that they're sane.
Tofu: How do you know that THOSE doctors aren't insane?
Christian: Uhhhhhh.........

XD Anyway, I'd like to ask all non-Googlists reading this to answer this question: "What makes you believe in God?"

rzm61
March 4th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Link them to:
Satan's Salvation Comic #163 (http://www.normalbobsmith.com/satanssalvation/pfss_comic163.jpg)

Er, well any issue will do.

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 4th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Do the one where they disprove their own existence.

Tofu
March 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Link them to:
Satan's Salvation Comic #163 (http://www.normalbobsmith.com/satanssalvation/pfss_comic163.jpg)

Er, well any issue will do.
LOL! That's hilarious!

rzm61
March 4th, 2008, 12:44 AM
LOL! That's hilarious!

I know!
I love these comics. So priceless.

liquid_fire
March 4th, 2008, 05:34 PM
i dont' think we can compete with that guy's hatemails....

rzm61
March 4th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Oh no, we can't.
He has pissed off a lot more fundies then us, over a silly little "game."

Just goes to show you what people get pissed about.

March 4th, 2008, 08:37 PM
XD Anyway, I'd like to ask all non-Googlists reading this to answer this question: "What makes you believe in God?"

I don't know really, but this helps me to believe more :D : http://youtube.com/watch?v=lX-lafNe3cc

Virgil
March 4th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Anyway, I'd like to ask all non-Googlists reading this to answer this question: "What makes you believe in God?"

Well:

First off I have that feeling(i know i know, im insane lol) that there is some greater force.

Second off there is no evidence to disprove religion, because i generally accept both evolution and creationism, since its possible they could be put together.

Third: I've had some genuine religious experiences in my life

Fourth: I've had prayers for me and others answered

Fifth: Religion makes me happy

Sixth: Through religion(well church) I get opportunities to go out and help others in the world(mission trips, but we don't really preach to anyone...)

March 4th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Basically all of what Virgil said except for #4 and #6 goes for me too.

Perna de Pau
March 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
First off I have that feeling(i know i know, im insane lol) that there is some greater force.

Second off there is no evidence to disprove religion, because i generally accept both evolution and creationism, since its possible they could be put together.

Third: I've had some genuine religious experiences in my life

Fourth: I've had prayers for me and others answered

Fifth: Religion makes me happy

Sixth: Through religion(well church) I get opportunities to go out and help others in the world(mission trips, but we don't really preach to anyone...)

First: no comments: feelings are personal and do not prove or disprove anything;

Second: there is all the evidence to disprove religion: the best one is religion itself: each denomination claims to have the truth and all other are wrong: can you really believe that?

Third: religious experience is the same as feelings and these have been dealt with in First;

Fourth: could you explain then why God has never ever answered a prayer to restore the limb of an amputee (if you are not aware of the argument just Google it);

Fifth: again the personal feeling: same as First and Third;

Sixth: those opportunities are part of the positive things (some) religions do but can also be found outside religion.

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
First: I acctually agree on the feeling of a greater force,

Second: it could be possible for that but I am not going to look into it.

Third: So have I but they did not lead me on the path of righteousness

Fourth: When ever I did pray the opposite happened but you say oh Satan and bam it happens... Not that I worship Satan I just found it weird is all.

Fifth: Religion Depresses me for I think People have it all wrong and are mean about it.

Sixth: you can do that with out being religious. I volunteered at my local theater, and I always helped out at the Special Olympics as well as In the Special Ed classrooms.

Virgil
March 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I also have the feeling of a greater force.
Those forces are called solar flares, fusion, accretion disks, gravitational collapse, super nova, neutron stars, black holes, geomagnetic storms, gamma-ray bursts, etc. I do not compare, I do not pretend to compare.

Touche(cant make the e accent)

rzm61
March 6th, 2008, 08:46 PM
To make the é

Hold down Alt then press 0+2+3+3 (on the num pad)
So
Alt + 0 + 2 + 3 + 3 = é

bouchie
March 6th, 2008, 09:39 PM
XD Anyway, I'd like to ask all non-Googlists reading this to answer this question: "What makes you believe in God?" 'Cause we had to come from somewhere. Please note that I have 2 caveats to this religious answer:

1) I said 'we' as in people. I didn't say the world. That was our doing.
2) (1) comes from my belief that the world is an illusion made by our minds.

This is an oversimplification of my beliefs, to be honest. If anyone wants a more detailed explanation please ask. However, I'm going to ruin your fun by admitting there are flaws in them. I challenge my beliefs everyday; it's the only way to learn.

rzm61
March 6th, 2008, 09:45 PM
2) (1) comes from my belief that the world is an illusion made by our minds.

:icon_eek:
You're secretly a scientologist aren't you.
ha ha.

This is an oversimplification of my beliefs, to be honest. If anyone wants a more detailed explanation please ask. However, I'm going to ruin your fun by admitting there are flaws in them. I challenge my beliefs everyday; it's the only way to learn.

I would love a more detailed explanation if you don't mind. So you can either PM me or you can post em here. Up to you, I would just like to hear your beliefs, because the more you post the more I respect you and am interested in what you have to say. :D

bouchie
March 6th, 2008, 09:54 PM
:icon_eek:
You're secretly a scientologist aren't you.
ha ha. So secret that I don't even know it:D

sudikics
March 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM
I also have the feeling of a greater force.

Those forces are called solar flares, fusion, accretion disks, gravitational collapse, super nova, neutron stars, black holes, geomagnetic storms, gamma-ray bursts, etc. I do not compare, I do not pretend to compare.
I secodn the motion. This remided me of a comic...

http://cectic.com/comics/019.png

PastaGod
March 8th, 2008, 01:41 AM

I was touched by his noodly appendages and through his chosen prophet Bobby Henderson I came to know the truth that is the FSM.

rzm61
March 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM
The t-shirt money collecting prophet, right?

And you were touched by a noodly appendage huh?
How did it feel? I am sure better then lashings with a wet noodle. ;)

March 9th, 2008, 01:12 AM
To make the é

Hold down Alt then press 0+2+3+3 (on the num pad)
So
Alt + 0 + 2 + 3 + 3 = é

rzm61, you know all of the commands :)

rzm61
March 9th, 2008, 03:54 AM
No I don't know all of them. Trust me.
However I am sure a quick prayer to the Goddess shall aid you. :D

March 9th, 2008, 07:40 PM
yeah, just type it in google and BAM! this comes up: commands with alt key (http://www.wikihow.com/Type-Symbols-Using-the-ALT-Key)

RealityRipple
March 10th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Or you could just open up the windows character map...

sudikics
March 10th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Hey, welcome back man!

rzm61
March 10th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Yeah Sciky beat me to it, but welcome back Reality!

sudikics
March 10th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Hehe, we should totally stage on the CoG some kind of faux funny "infection," where some of us randomly start glitching out in our posts, like this:

Hehe, we should yllatot stage on the

I know where you live.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quothello cog we are anonymouse][/quote]

rzm61
March 10th, 2008, 03:04 AM
If I knew how to do that, then maybe I would try it.

However I am not too sure that some of the members here would like those kind of posts...

sudikics
March 10th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Do not worry. They (http://yougotrickrolled.com) shall soon be exterminated.

RealityRipple
March 10th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Hey, sorry I've been gone. I should have mentioned I'm on Satellite internet, and it has a restriction... 30 day rolling usage, allowing 12 gigs of download per 30 days. When I exceed that, the speed is reduced drastically and packets are lost so often, it's impossible to visit forums of any sort.

March 11th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Do not worry. They (http://yougotrickrolled.com) shall soon be exterminated.

lol I got Rick Rolled

sudikics
March 11th, 2008, 12:42 AM
:D

or did you?

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 11th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I think he did Scikidus.

How about you?

sudikics
March 11th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Thatareallysdependsdonfyou.

rzm61
March 11th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Oh, so subliminal.
Beautiful, I love it. :D

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 11th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Scikidus you scare me sometimes.

asdf people use Vista or Windows ME.

sudikics
March 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Don't. (http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ballmer_peak.png)worry,. (http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ballmer_peak.png)fear. (http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ballmer_peak.png)is. (http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ballmer_peak.png)the. (http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/ballmer_peak.png)enemy.

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 11th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Nothing to fear but fear it self.
and Microsoft

rzm61
March 11th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Nothing to fear but fear it self.
and Microsoft

and sharks
spiders,
the dark,
heights....I hope you see where I am getting at...Robot Chicken anyone?

Dr Goofy Mofo
March 11th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Be formless... Shapeless, like water.
If you put water into a cup, it beomes the cup
You put water into a bowl, it becomes the bowl
You put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot
Water can flow and it can crash
Become water my friend ~Bruce Lee

Perna de Pau
March 11th, 2008, 11:10 PM
"Courage is not about not being afraid, it is about not showing that you are afraid"

me

March 12th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Scikidus you scare me sometimes.

asdf people use Vista or Windows ME.

Vista sucks. Why do people use it in the first place?

rzm61
March 12th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Vista sucks. Why do people use it in the first place?

Simple.
Microsoft produces a new product.
Tries to implement it into all new computers in hopes that it would phase out XP.
So all new computers had and I believe still have Vista on them. Microsoft tells you that you need to buy this to upgrade an all. "It has more security features" "It's easier to use!" "User friendly" "We just want your money, for our shitty products!"

okay so they don't say the last one, however they keep making OS's to keep making money, it's just the computer users who don't know much about things who will buy it without question. XP works, why upgrade? Cause it looks nicer? Get a fucking Mac then man, or better yet! download Ubuntu or some platform of Linux! Its free, never crashes, and you can do a lot of customization. :D

March 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM
or better yet! download Ubuntu or some platform of Linux! Its free, never crashes, and you can do a lot of customization. :D

I switched to Ubuntu for a short period of time because XP had a giant error! Bill Gates makes me mad. Did you know that he donates a small amount of money to charity a year so he doesn't have to pay taxes???

rzm61
March 12th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I switched to Ubuntu for a short period of time because XP had a giant error! Bill Gates makes me mad. Did you know that he donates a small amount of money to charity a year so he doesn't have to pay taxes???

I want to switch my computers I am just too damn lazy. I gotta back up all my files first...

As for the taxes. Eh, makes sense.
Shit happens. He's at the top. I'm not. Am I losing any sleep over it? Fuck no.

March 12th, 2008, 10:35 PM
It just makes me pissed that he's the richest man in the US and he doesn't have to pay taxes. For crying out loud, my dad's still looking for a decent job!

rzm61
March 12th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, its sad how the world works huh?
Someone who is rich just keeps getting richer.

Then the hard honest worker has the hardest time finding a job. It sucks. Tell him not to give up though!

March 12th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I judge him because he's the richest guy in the world. :D

March 12th, 2008, 10:51 PM
who would that be? please, enlighten me :)

March 12th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Did Bill Gates lose money? I could have sworn he had 60-something billion.

March 12th, 2008, 11:24 PM
what did he do with all his money?

rzm61
March 12th, 2008, 11:51 PM
what did he do with all his money?

Cheap whores?
Lots of em...

That or he spent it on charity so he didn't have to pay taxes. ;)
(or spent it on technology, ever hear about his house?)

March 13th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I've heard stuff about his house from my brother, but I don't know if all of the stuff he says is true or not.

rzm61
March 13th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you see.

Honestly though, I wouldn't put it past the cat.
He is a geek.

sudikics
March 13th, 2008, 02:43 AM
He ha sgiven over 30 billion dollars to charity.

Add that to Mcrosoft's deflating stock, and now he's below Buffet and that other guy.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/05/richest-people-billionaires-billionaires08-cx_lk_0305billie_land.html

rzm61
March 13th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah, it's cause you use Vista. ;)
ha ha.

rzm61
March 13th, 2008, 11:40 AM
*chases*

Good excuse......not.

It's called reformatting.
You could of easily put another OS on there. :D

sudikics
March 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Did I mention gOS?

Oh yeah, did anyone hear about how Wal-Mart stopped selling gPCs?

rzm61
March 13th, 2008, 12:34 PM
You've mentioned gOS to me before.

about Wal-Mart though, they stopped?!
I was on the gOS site last night and they linked to a Wal-Mart page...

sudikics
March 13th, 2008, 12:37 PM
http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/03/walmart_bids_th.html

rzm61
March 13th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Oh wow. That sucks.

I do think this is a sign that selling Linux to the masses is going to require more than just a low price tag -- since, when you get down to it, Linux already has that.

That made me crack a smile.

bouchie
March 13th, 2008, 02:09 PM
since we were talking about rich people before, I want to bring up Guy Laliberté, one of the founders of Cirque du Soleil. Not nearly as rich as Bill Gates at US$1.4 billion, but you have to remember, Laliberté is a clown. That's how he started his career and he's still in the circus.

He's a fucking clown! With $1.4 billion!

To go back to Bill Gates: he's an atheist, but his wife is a devout Christian. Now you can understand the charities a little more. :)

rzm61
March 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM
That clown is an impressive clown.
To have all that money, when there are a lot of people/kids who are afraid of you...

To go back to Bill Gates: he's an atheist, but his wife is a devout Christian. Now you can understand the charities a little more. :)

Well maybe its also because he is a nice/generous guy too?

bouchie
March 13th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Well maybe its also because he is a nice/generous guy too?That's possible: however, it's known as the "Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation". Curious, no?

I'm kidding around of course. Besides the tax reasons, I'm sure Bill has been donating to charities before he married his wife simply because he was generous.

rzm61
March 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM
With such an excess of money you should be obligated to donate some of it.

If they donate a large lump sum to a good charity I have no problem with them not paying taxes.....well except Social Security an all, every fucker needs to pay for that shit seeing how we are so fucked when it comes to social security.

rzm61
March 14th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Reformating is such a big pain in the ass...

Oh you big baby!

"its a pain"
"I cant sit there"

"....I need the CoG"

thats what you would be saying/thinking right?
Ha ha.

Perna de Pau
March 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM
It is amazing how we are so badly informed in this information society. I read somewhere (but aready some time ago) that Bill Gates was the person who paid more taxes in the whole world! :icon_eek:

rzm61
March 14th, 2008, 11:42 AM
It is amazing how we are so badly informed in this information society. I read somewhere (but aready some time ago) that Bill Gates was the person who paid more taxes in the whole world! :icon_eek:

See, now this would make more sense.
Also I agree that he (and really any wealthy person) should pay taxes.
The richer/wealthier you are, the more taxes you should be obligated to pay.

Perna de Pau
March 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM
The richer/wealthier you are, the more taxes you should be obligated to pay.

I certainly agree with that. Some sort of solidarity should exist in every society and taxes are just that. That is the reason why I find immoral all those adverts that propose ways to reduce your taxes.

rzm61
March 14th, 2008, 12:03 PM
tax reduction should only go to those who make little money. However everyone must pay their taxes. As much as I disagree with some, they are kind of needed.