View Full Version : Hello from a Secular Googlist!

pen_devil
April 2nd, 2008, 06:30 AM
Hi!

I'm new here. Love the Church website, laughed my pants off reading through it. Gonna be finishing up school soon, so I'm sure I'll be able to turn here for some intellectual stimulation.

I'm an avid non-theist, and yes I know that kinda conflicts with this site, but I'm getting the feeling that I won't be met with much opposition.

Haven't really read how others do introductions so here goes:

I'm from Toronto, half European, half Chinese. I'm 25, finishing my first degree, looking forwards to my second. Opening up my own restaurant/club on the side soon, all the while staying vigilant on certain secular causes. I attended the "New Humanism" conference hosted by the Harvard Humanist Chaplaincy last April at Harvard U and was lucky enough to rub shoulders with great thinkers and writers.

Hope that's good to start off...questions, comments, prayer offerings :icon_question:

jlar16
April 2nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
welcome aboard

rzm61
April 2nd, 2008, 11:48 AM
Hey pen_devil!
Welcome to the CoG, hope you enjoy your stay here. :D

sudikics
April 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the CoG!

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 2nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Welcome to CoG. What degree are you Finishing?

tagnostic
April 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
howdy

and I think you'll fit right in

:icon_eek:

pen_devil
April 2nd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Welcome to CoG. What degree are you Finishing?

Bachelor of Architectural History and Urban Planning

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 2nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Ah Interesting my roomate is graduating in interior design, She is telling be it is quiet hard to get a job! I am working on my Bachelor of Software Engineering right now. My doctors are in religon stuff I worked for online. Also a Master of Silly Putty. Hope you enjoy your stay here it is alot of fun.

bouchie
April 2nd, 2008, 04:25 PM
Welcom to the CoG pen_devil.

I'm from Toronto, Ah...another Torontonian. Now are actually from Toronto or from the GTA ('Sauga, Oshawa, Pickering, blah blah)? You can PM that answer...or not answer at all :P
Opening up my own restaurant/club on the side soon, all the while staying vigilant on certain secular causes.
Sweet! new restaurant. Whereabouts? And what type of food?

Sister Faith
April 2nd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Bachelor of Architectural History and Urban Planning

My guy is in the same biz (sorta ;))--construction/restoration. Welcome Pen_Devil. Write much? If so, care to share some?

tagnostic
April 2nd, 2008, 05:52 PM
My guy is in the same biz (sorta ;))--construction/restoration. Welcome Pen_Devil. Write much? If so, care to share some?

Hi Sis,
when do we get some of your writing?

where ya been?
:icon_lol:

Dr Goofy Mofo
April 2nd, 2008, 06:01 PM

I actually write on the side. It is my first passion.

Sister Faith
April 2nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Hi Sis,
when do we get some of your writing?

where ya been?
:icon_lol:

Bro! I haven't had to write anything more coherent than an absentee note in the last millenium or so and even that came back marked 'YOU FAIL'. :icon_eek:

pen_devil
April 5th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Welcom to the CoG pen_devil.

Ah...another Torontonian. Now are actually from Toronto or from the GTA ('Sauga, Oshawa, Pickering, blah blah)? You can PM that answer...or not answer at all :P
Sweet! new restaurant. Whereabouts? And what type of food?

I'm from the downtown area. Proudly un-suburban.
My restaurant will be in Little Italy, sorta-tapas food.

pen_devil
April 5th, 2008, 10:44 PM

Hmmm...I've got some good stuff on Facecrack. I'll think about posting some here...mostly replys and debates on articles.

tagnostic
April 5th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Hmmm...I've got some good stuff on Facecrack. I'll think about posting some here...mostly replys and debates on articles.

rofl
if it can get by
these critics
its not just publishable
its nobel

Loki
April 5th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Hi Pen - you'll not find any non-theists here LOL!
Welcome to the site mate.

bouchie
April 6th, 2008, 06:52 AM
I'm from the downtown area. Proudly un-suburban.
My restaurant will be in Little Italy, sorta-tapas food. Hehe, same here man. I'm a 5min walk from Bay Street. That's how downtown I am.

Little Italy...tough walk but really close overall. Let me know when it's open.