View Full Version : Deus Ex Machine?

Iconoclast
May 5th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Hi,

I am christian, and I mean it.
But that does not prevent me from believing that the Internet is one of the most striking manifestation of my Lord.

Telling Google is God is however a bit too simplistic i think.
Let's not debate that matter here, as this is only a self introduction message. I'll post on my beliefs in a more appropriate topic, at a more appropriate time ( I am on the go ).

"Deus Ex Machina", thanks to Google and its followers, I think this expression will take a new meaning soon. To me, Google is a prophet, google could even be the new messia, but Google is not God ( at least not in a 1:1 fashion )

Well, now let's see whether you guys are integrist, or open minded enough to accept that people could have a slightly different belief

Iconoclast

rzm61
May 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Well first, welcome to the CoG. Glad to see that Googlism interests you. I'd love to hear your beliefs sometime, also I'm glad to hear that you have a different interpretation of all this.

sudikics
May 5th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Well, now let's see whether you guys are integrist, or open minded enough to accept that people could have a slightly different belief
We'll no doubt accept you, but that doesn't mean that we aren't going to debate your altered stance! ;)

tagnostic
May 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
welcome to the CoG
and open
intelligent debate
is encouraged
which is not to say
that it doesn't occaisionally
devolve into ad hominem attacks
but you just have to remember
its just words on a screen

again
welcome, look forward to your posts
:D

Loki
May 5th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Yup - welcome to the site. Doesn't matter what you believe in for a lot of us - we'll take the piss just out of habit :D

Actually, I wouldn't mind a real theological debate again - one that doesn't devolve into name calling and *that's because you're stupid!* comments.

Might be an idea to start one up on Church Chat seeing as though most of the posts are in IFU now (thanks for that folks - it's the right place considering stones get thrown after about one page of posts :D)

rzm61
May 5th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind a real theological debate again - one that doesn't devolve into name calling and *that's because you're stupid!* comments.

You only want a theological debate "cause you're stupid!"

:icon_lol:
Kidding.....obviously.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 5th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Welcome to CoG we are normally open minded minus a few. Tatty is or local Cristian so I am sure he will help you in a front against the atheist hahaha... I might jump in ever once in a while cause as Loki stated some of us are "piss taking bastards" I however am the local Goof ball so i might goof around or be serious you never knoe ;) Will I be Doc or will I be Goofy? We all have different beliefs here. Like I am an Agnostic/christian/Googlist/Goofyism(I am the Prophet)... a lot of people like to collect religions it is Fun!

rzm61
May 5th, 2008, 06:39 PM
a lot of people like to collect religions it is Fun!

It's like trading cards!

They are the best when you clip them to the back of your bike to get that faux motorcycle noise!

Be careful though cause you might have a card thats worth millions when you get older.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM
It's like trading cards!

They are the best when you clip them to the back of your bike to get that faux motorcycle noise!

Be careful though cause you might have a card thats worth millions when you get older.

Thats why I frame Goofyism and Googlism. I only use Christian and Agnostic on my bike! I mean it has been how long and they seem only to detract in value. Luckly the goofyism and Googlism I got Rookie cards!

Tsar Phalanxia
May 6th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Lo. Good to see there's someone who knows what Deus Ex Machina actually means ;)

Sister Faith
May 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Hi Iconoclast.
I'm the late Sister Faith. ;)
Here at the CoG we welcome people of different beliefs. It makes for a very warm atmosphere!:icon_razz:

tagnostic
May 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hi Iconoclast.
I'm the late Sister Faith. ;)
Here at the CoG we welcome people of different beliefs. It makes for a very warm atmosphere!:icon_razz:

downright hot at times
set your heat shields
to max
and your keyboard
to stun

:icon_razz: