View Full Version : hi i'm new

DamageNL
May 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Hi I'm Damage, I stumbled on this and got interested so I decided to join.
So.... What's up?

rzm61
May 14th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the CoG.
Not all too much, on my end. Just sitting here at work....waiting for lunch time to finish up so I can get some cap changes on these units....

but, shh. I'm not supposed to be surfing the net.

DamageNL
May 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Hello. Just trying to get the damn sound to work on youtube so I can watch more commentated professional StarCraft games. Damn Vista...

lol, I've got Vista on my laptop and I've never had any problems with it. I must be so lucky :P

tagnostic
May 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM
welcome,
i'm screwing off the morning
before my nap
then off to work

ubuntu, no problems
;)

tagnostic
May 14th, 2008, 05:46 PM
bummer,
just how many tabs are you opening at one time?
I've played with mine (not youtube)
and ran 16 screens
with 10 active tabs in each
that was about the limit before
it was acting like 1200 baud
:icon_confused:

Sister Faith
May 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the CoG DamageNL.:icon_cool:

I'm Sister Faith.

What are you a student of :icon_question:

DamageNL
May 14th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I'm currently doing Corporate Finance, wich is a part of Bachelor of Administration. after that I might go for the Master! Still a long way to go. But i'm living the good life right now so I'm not in a hurry to finish studying:icon_cool:

TheMelonofTruth
May 14th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Hi, I am the Melon (but you can see that you omniscient little fella') I just stumbled across this too. Be warned, it can become a bit of an addiction. I have Vista too, it chose to update itself right in the middle of a Warcraft raid last week, boy was i pissed.

DamageNL
May 14th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Hi, I am the Melon (but you can see that you omniscient little fella') I just stumbled across this too. Be warned, it can become a bit of an addiction. I have Vista too, it chose to update itself right in the middle of a Warcraft raid last week, boy was i pissed.

Hi Mr Melon, I've noticed that too. But I'm resistant to addictions:icon_cool: I can quit when I want to!

tagnostic
May 14th, 2008, 09:48 PM
that's what they all say
then they go right back
to window's

you should try a 12 step program
watch 'kill bill' 11 times
then boot linux
:icon_razz:

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 15th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Welcome to CoG! I have 2 more years left in Software Engineering and I want the hell out soon! 5 years of College is enough for me!

sudikics
May 15th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Hello, and welcome! I'm scikidus, the LVFGN. Don't worry, I'm not too strict! :D

TheMelonofTruth
May 15th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Hey scick what is an lvfgn anyway. Also, the guys at linux think that they are so underground, that they call mail (letters and that) "surface mail".

sudikics
May 15th, 2008, 08:16 PM
LVFGN = Local Vocal Friendly Grammar Nazi

:D

sudikics
May 15th, 2008, 08:22 PM
So.... What's up?
A direction in a three-dimensional spatial system. :D

sudikics
May 15th, 2008, 08:23 PM
It seems to change constantly, however.
Yes, especially to sentient beings invoking spherical geometry.

tagnostic
May 15th, 2008, 08:25 PM
i'm non-euclidean
when i look up
i see
yesterday
:icon_confused:

sudikics
May 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
One goal in life: build a four-dimensional graphing system, where time represents the fourth spatial dimension. You will also be able to add additional dimensions as sliders, and change which dimensions are controlled by sliders and time. :D

sudikics
May 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Hmm... I guess our best definition of "what's up" would have to be "that which is away from the celestial body's gravitational field in which your current frame of reference is".
That works.

tagnostic
May 15th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I think we might
have scared them off
:icon_rolleyes:
come back!
all threads
end up about reality.
really....
:icon_eek:

TheMelonofTruth
May 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
A four-d video game! that would be awesome, although i consider the internet to be the fourth dimension.

DamageNL
May 15th, 2008, 09:25 PM
haha, I should have expected that from you guys!

I lol'ed anyway

tagnostic
May 16th, 2008, 03:45 PM
you couldn't have possibly
expected the welcoming committee
to stay on topic
for more than 4 posts

hehehe

thread drift
as art...
:icon_razz:

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
A four-d video game! that would be awesome, although i consider the internet to be the fourth dimension.

That would be Prince of Persia

TheMelonofTruth
May 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Because the fourth dimension is god-awful annoying puzzles, and stupid boss fights.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 18th, 2008, 05:18 PM
no because the 4th dimension is time and he has a fansy dagger... but that game was awesome

TheMelonofTruth
May 18th, 2008, 08:34 PM
PoP sucks. Not only for all the reason stated above, but because his games initials spell a slang name for pussy alcohol.

Echo
May 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hi, I'm new as well. I found Googlism a few weeks ago when my friend became an ordained minister in the Church of the SubGenius.

I'm about to go eat chicken burgers. My roommate is a hell of a cook, and I managed to talk her into taking the turkey out of the recipe. Boo turchicken burgers, yay chicken burgers. I hate turkey.

What's up with you? Wanna chicken burger?

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 19th, 2008, 05:36 AM
PoP sucks. Not only for all the reason stated above, but because his games initials spell a slang name for pussy alcohol.

I will eat your heart

TheMelonofTruth
May 19th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Sorry, my heart is taken. You could turn me into a vegetable though.

Echo
May 19th, 2008, 08:11 PM
no because the 4th dimension is time and he has a fansy dagger... but that game was awesome

Completely unrelated...you are a Nightwish fan...you are now my best friend.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 19th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Completely unrelated...you are a Nightwish fan...you are now my best friend.

Sweet! How many Epic Fantasy Metal Bands do you listen to?

Echo
May 19th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Honestly, it would depend on one's definition of genres. I usually ignore them, but...

After Forever, Autumn, Nemesea, Within Temptation, Theatre of Tragedy, Leaves' Eyes, some of Tarja's solo work (I really prefer Annette to Tarja, though), Kamelot, Battlelore... I'd have to flip through my collection to see what else. I really recommend the post-2002 After Forever, Autumn, and Nemesea though. :)

Now, to keep from running away with the thread... :D Damage, what kind of music do you like?

TheMelonofTruth
May 20th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I stick with the Nightwish, my love of german metal keeps my hands tied (and on fire)

DamageNL
May 20th, 2008, 06:15 AM
I'm a metalhead with an extensive musical taste, some genres besides metal are: drum&bass, breakcore, post-hardcore, dutch hiphop, indie and even some emo.

Some favorite metalbands : Hatesphere, The Haunted, Sworn Enemy, Death Before Dishonor, Exodus, Testament and so much more.

non metal: Venetian Snares, Thrice, The Opposites, Opgezwolle, Pendulum, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Bong-ra, De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig

I'm not into gothic or epic or fantasy or whatever metal.

TheMelonofTruth
May 20th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I know someone who switches every 2 songs between emo and rave.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 20th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Honestly, it would depend on one's definition of genres. I usually ignore them, but...

After Forever, Autumn, Nemesea, Within Temptation, Theatre of Tragedy, Leaves' Eyes, some of Tarja's solo work (I really prefer Annette to Tarja, though), Kamelot, Battlelore... I'd have to flip through my collection to see what else. I really recommend the post-2002 After Forever, Autumn, and Nemesea though. :)

Now, to keep from running away with the thread... :D Damage, what kind of music do you like?

:icon_eek: Awesome!

TheMelonofTruth
May 20th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Who has heard of Rammstein.

Dr Goofy Mofo
May 20th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Love them too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5frzVTgNYc

DamageNL
May 20th, 2008, 10:36 PM

I have, saw them live twice, once in 2002 and once in 2005.
Never been my band, I'm not really into German vocals.
I think their music gets boring after two or three songs but that's just my opinion. They have a few songs worth mentioning though: Rammstein, Du Hast & Mein Herz Brennt are all awesome!

rzm61
May 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM

I have.
And, they suck!

"DU.....DU HAST!...."

Kidding, they aren't that bad.
Plus the flamethrowers at their live shows rock.....they are the ones who do that right?

DamageNL
May 20th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I have.
And, they suck!

"DU.....DU HAST!...."

Kidding, they aren't that bad.
Plus the flamethrowers at their live shows rock.....they are the ones who do that right?

Yep, but a lot of bands use pyros so it's not that special actually

rzm61
May 20th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Yep, but a lot of bands use pyros so it's not that special actually

:icon_redface:
They are the only ones that I know of with flamethrowers.

Other then this happening at a (hed)p.e. show:
http://a649.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/36/l_a7341672a5bdaf04f5ff24f7ab3b2d80.jpg

TheMelonofTruth
May 21st, 2008, 03:43 PM
Mein Hertz Brennt is one of my favourites, plus Adios. I like some Trivium as well though.

DamageNL
May 21st, 2008, 05:57 PM
Mein Hertz Brennt is one of my favourites, plus Adios. I like some Trivium as well though.

Trivium... I like their first album, their second is okay but I never really got into their third... Too much of a Metallica rip-off to me. They still kick ass live though.

rzm61
May 21st, 2008, 09:36 PM
Too much of a Metallica rip-off to me.

:barf:
We already have Metallica, we don't need any more.

Also, have any of you guys checked out Protest The Hero? If you haven't I highly suggest them. They are fantastic.

DamageNL
May 22nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
Protest The Hero

What's their best song in your opinion because I've listened to three of their songs and I'm not sure what to think. One thing that immediately caught my ear was the guitarplayer: Seems like he's doing the same thing in every song, or are my ears deceiving me?

rzm61
May 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
I only have their album "Kezia."

Turn Soonest to the Sea is one of my favorite songs by them. Bury the Hatchet isn't bad either. And dude, it's metal. You expect it to sound different? :icon_lol:

DamageNL
May 22nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
:icon_lol: but I mean really the same thing, normally you can hear different riffs and stuff, but with this guy all I hear is the same notes in the same speed. I downloaded their discography, so far I've only listened to their 'fortress' album wich is allright I guess, but nothing that makes me want to get their albums right away. I'm not really fond of the singer. Sounds to me he wants to display all his vocal abilities in just one song, it gets boring after a few tracks, just like the guitars.

Verdict: Not my cup of tea:) I guess they'll get big in a year or so and gain a lot of popularity with the teenage scene kids.

TheMelonofTruth
May 28th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Play "Dying in Your Arms" by Trivium, and pull out your headphones ever so slightly, until the voice goes to the back, and you only hear the guitars. Listen to it once like that, and then go back to listening to it normally. You will be surprised.