View Full Version : From Sisseton to Church of Google!

SpiderSpun
June 13th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Howdy!

I'm a college professor, and I teach beginning finance courses at Sisseton Wahpeton College in Sisseton, S.D.

I'm an avid meditator, and I also have a budding practice in hatha yoga.
I've been watching the CoG posts for a few weeks and
I thought I'd finally join in the discussion.

You know, I've been a student of eastern philosophy and psychology for many years and thought I could give you some insight, if it was helpful to your case. I am a theist, obviously, and I always have been, but the Church here appeared to offer something different. Many thoughtful topics and a discourse which could be helpful to my students and to my family.

I'm a man of few words, but, I'd like to pop in occasionally between classes and offer my advice, tips on finance, yoga, buddhism, or any other sundry affairs you'd like to discuss.

I'd like to mention that I've always been secretly
curious about Wiccan culture and Paganism.
If you'd like to offer me any insight into these two sects, why, I'm all ears.

Thank you and have a swell night, you!

PS - Sorry boys, I'm married.

;)

rzm61
June 13th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Well, first.
Welcome to the CoG! :D
Hope you do enjoy your stay here, and that you plan to stay. Also what a nice bulky intro. ;)

Now onto more important matters.

PS - Sorry boys, I'm married.

Pics or it didn't happen. :icon_lol:

Oh, and you say you're a man of few words, also that you're married. After that, you throw a PS into the mix and apologize to boys for your status. Am I missing something here?

SpiderSpun
June 13th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Well, first.
Welcome to the CoG! :D
Hope you do enjoy your stay here, and that you plan to stay. Also what a nice bulky intro. ;)

Now onto more important matters.

Pics or it didn't happen. :icon_lol:

Oh, and you say you're a man of few words, also that you're married. After that, you throw a PS into the mix and apologize to boys for your status. Am I missing something here?

Hello, rzm61.
Thank you for your reply.
I happen to have a picture on my desktop of my lovely wife, Rita. We are, as you can see an interracial couple, which is something of a deal here in South Dakota, although not where I am originally from, New York.

Here is a picture of us on our wedding (http://pics.livejournal.com/weenie_witch/pic/0004r4w2) day 5 years ago.
As for my false modesty, forgive me, I did not realize it was a hefty post to begin the CoG with. I just got through with my coursework not too terribly long ago and put this together in between grading papers. I must've thrown all caution to the wind with my verbosity. You'll excuse me. I believe you missed nothing.

:D

rzm61
June 13th, 2008, 04:12 AM
Hey SpiderSpun, no need to thank me for the reply.
About the picture of your wife and everything. I was joking. :icon_lol: You didn't really have post a picture or anything, however it is a nice photo.

About the hefty fine post. Nothing about it needs to be forgiven. It's nice to see some girth to an introduction post. :D

Also glad to hear I didn't miss anything.

Engel
June 13th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Hey hey, this site kiks ass :P its so random and full of crap. Unless your actually here for religion.. then it'd be useless. But hey as long as you having fun:D Enjoy your googlism

Sister Faith
June 13th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Howdy!

Welcome again SpiderSpun :)

I'm a college professor, and I teach beginning finance courses at Sisseton Wahpeton College in Sisseton, S.D.

I'm an avid meditator, and I also have a budding practice in hatha yoga.
I've been watching the CoG posts for a few weeks and
I thought I'd finally join in the discussion.Please do. All are welcome.

You know, I've been a student of eastern philosophy and psychology for many years and thought I could give you some insight, if it was helpful to your case.I look forward to your posts.

I am a theist, obviously, and I always have been, but the Church here appeared to offer something different. Many thoughtful topics and a discourse which could be helpful to my students and to my family.Most members here are not theists, but we won't hold it against you if you have come here for honest discussion.

I'm a man of few words, but, I'd like to pop in occasionally between classes and offer my advice, tips on finance, yoga, buddhism, or any other sundry affairs you'd like to discuss.For a man of few words, you're doing ok! ;) But that's all right. We need more members who are willing to post more than one sentence.

I'd like to mention that I've always been secretly
curious about Wiccan culture and Paganism.
If you'd like to offer me any insight into these two sects, why, I'm all ears.Sorry, I can't help you there. Maybe some of the other members?

Thank you and have a swell night, you!No, thank you for joining, and you have a swell night too!

PS - Sorry boys, I'm married.;)Let me offer my condolences to both you and your wife. :icon_cry: You are a good looking couple though!

SpiderSpun
June 14th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Hey hey, this site kiks ass :P its so random and full of crap. Unless your actually here for religion.. then it'd be useless. But hey as long as you having fun:D Enjoy your googlism

Welcome again SpiderSpun :)

Please do. All are welcome.

I look forward to your posts.

Most members here are not theists, but we won't hold it against you if you have come here for honest discussion.

For a man of few words, you're doing ok! ;) But that's all right. We need more members who are willing to post more than one sentence.

Sorry, I can't help you there. Maybe some of the other members?

No, thank you for joining, and you have a swell night too!

Let me offer my condolences to both you and your wife. :icon_cry: You are a good looking couple though!

Hey SpiderSpun, no need to thank me for the reply.
About the picture of your wife and everything. I was joking. :icon_lol: You didn't really have post a picture or anything, however it is a nice photo.

About the hefty fine post. Nothing about it needs to be forgiven. It's nice to see some girth to an introduction post. :D

Also glad to hear I didn't miss anything.

Oh, goodness! It is so good to be welcomed!

Thank you, I will enjoy my stay on the CoG.

*BoW*

Loki
June 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I'll just add my welcome too.

I'd love to discuss Eastern Philosophy with you. It's not something I'm very familiar with - in fact I know next to nothing.

I'm fascinated by mythology and religion - especially the Greek, Roman, Norse and Egyptian gods.

I'm also game for a chat on paganism and wicca. Mainly from the perspective of an Englishman. It's been part of our culture for tens (?) of thousands of years.

Hell - I just love mythology :D

Oh yeah. I call myself agnostic. By that I mean that I'm open to other ideas but I don't really see the need for a god in those ideas :D

sudikics
June 15th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I ordained it! :D

Tsar Phalanxia
June 16th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I'll just add my welcome too.

I'd love to discuss Eastern Philosophy with you. It's not something I'm very familiar with - in fact I know next to nothing.

I'm fascinated by mythology and religion - especially the Greek, Roman, Norse and Egyptian gods.

I'm also game for a chat on paganism and wicca. Mainly from the perspective of an Englishman. It's been part of our culture for tens (?) of thousands of years.

Hell - I just love mythology :D

Oh yeah. I call myself agnostic. By that I mean that I'm open to other ideas but I don't really see the need for a god in those ideas :D

I'm fascinated by Zoroastrianism. If I was religious, I'd try and convert to Zoroastrianism ;)

Depends which Gods. The Celtic Gods are happily violent; and the Irish ones are totally Bat-Fuck-Insane. And the Greek Gods are more fun than a barrel of monkeys.