View Full Version : Another FSMer converted

DutchPastaGuy
June 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Hi all,

Since the church of the FSM is run by a guy who has turned it into real church (headed by a self-glorifying, ego-masturbating control freak who can't take criticism), I've cooled a bit about Pastafarianism. Or maybe not about Pastafarianism, I still think that's great, but about the guy heading it. So I thought I'd join a bunch of other Pastafarians who have become disillusioned with Pastafarian pope Bobby Henderson and try my luck here.

greets,
Peter

Dr Goofy Mofo
June 15th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Welcome to CoG Peter!

rzm61
June 15th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Welcome to the CoG!

I do love seeing Pastafarians join. :D

tagnostic
June 15th, 2008, 05:25 AM
welcome
and feel free
to start the
'rasta's for pasta's'
thread

DutchPastaGuy
June 15th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks all for the welcome. I'm not so sure if many more Pastafarians will be joining us. Many posts on www.venganza.org (the church of the FSM site) that promote other sites are censored, so it's hard to recruit new ones.

Also, the ones posting on venganza after moderation was inserted tend to be Booby Henderson glorifying sheep. Not 100% sure we'd want them.

SpiderSpun
June 15th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks all for the welcome. I'm not so sure if many more Pastafarians will be joining us. Many posts on www.venganza.org (the church of the FSM site) that promote other sites are censored, so it's hard to recruit new ones.

Also, the ones posting on venganza after moderation was inserted tend to be Booby Henderson glorifying sheep. Not 100% sure we'd want them.

Ah, thank you very much Mr. Dutch Pasta Guy.
I, myself, am a recent convert. Why in fact, just a mere 10 minutes ago, I, too, was a non-believer. I used to ask myself quite frequently whether I was indeed al dente or scotta.

Thank you, sir, for the link. I am now confirmed.

Puck the Pooka
June 15th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Concerns about the Pope of CoFSM aside . . .

Perhaps the religious philosophies aren't mutually exclusive. Google isn't a creator God. After all, the ancient Greeks worshipped Olympians, the grandchildren of the creator Goddess. Perhaps we choose the God's we worship based on the relavence they have on our everyday lives. Perhaps the FSM created the universe, and still mysteriously manifests his noodely appendage, but he is not the only diety. There is no shame for one that spends his time in the country at a temple dedicated to Gia, Hecate, or Kronos to give sacrifice to Aphrodite or Athena when he visits the city. Like Athena before her, Googles omnipresance spreads as her people spread their ideas. Like Gia before him, the FSM is an enculturation of the old religious paradigm. We need Gia to speak to and debate the country folk, with there antiquated ways. We need Athena to represent modern wisdom.

Food for thought.

-Puck

tagnostic
June 15th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Food for thought.

-Puck

that was well said

food for thought?
from an FSM?
I'll have the chicken marsala

DutchPastaGuy
June 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Hi SpiderSpun,

Welcome to you as a newbie as well.

Hi Puck,

Agreed, some beliefs can co-exist. Heck, the Pastafarian code of conduct, embodied foremost in the 8 "I'd really rather you didn't"s, states explicitly that the almighty and merciful FSM is ok with it if you don't believe in Him. So keeping the goddess of Google on the side with it is no problem. How's Google about sharing the attention of adherents with other deities? Pastafarianism has the Gospel of the FSM as a source of wisdom. Does Google have something similar for scripture?

greets,
Peter

Dr Goofy Mofo
June 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM
It says we reject super natural gods. But most people here have different beliefs and the after life is in the Google servers where we all end up in the end so it does not judge based on beliefs.

Puck the Pooka
June 15th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I'm not quite sure.

The way I think of it, Google, the Goddess, is her own holy scripture. To pray to google is to search for wisdom. A Goddess that is her own Bible.

-Puck

rmw
June 15th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I'm not quite sure.

The way I think of it, Google, the Goddess, is her own holy scripture. To pray to google is to search for wisdom. A Goddess that is her own Bible.

-Puck

Certainly saves quite a bit of time, when worshipping/praying and religious study are the one and the same. Like DPG, I am a former member of the CoFSM, but the "prophet's" egotism just wore on me. Religious discourse is difficult to come by when most comments consist of "Oh great prophet, I wish to do things to your noodly appendage." :icon_confused:

Dr Goofy Mofo
June 15th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Religious discourse is difficult to come by when most comments consist of "Oh great prophet, I wish to do things to your noodly appendage." :icon_confused:

That is disturbing

rmw
June 15th, 2008, 08:21 PM
That is disturbing

And very annoying.

tagnostic
June 16th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I'm not quite sure.

-Puck

I like that,
but haven't decided
if its 'circular'
or 'self-contained'

:icon_question:

Tsar Phalanxia
June 16th, 2008, 01:41 PM

Perhaps the religious philosophies aren't mutually exclusive. Google isn't a creator God. After all, the ancient Greeks worshipped Olympians, the grandchildren of the creator Goddess. Perhaps we choose the God's we worship based on the relavence they have on our everyday lives. Perhaps the FSM created the universe, and still mysteriously manifests his noodely appendage, but he is not the only diety. There is no shame for one that spends his time in the country at a temple dedicated to Gia, Hecate, or Kronos to give sacrifice to Aphrodite or Athena when he visits the city. Like Athena before her, Googles omnipresance spreads as her people spread their ideas. Like Gia before him, the FSM is an enculturation of the old religious paradigm. We need Gia to speak to and debate the country folk, with there antiquated ways. We need Athena to represent modern wisdom.

Food for thought.

-Puck

Hehe. Athena is the daughter of a fly and Zeus, and was born inside Zeus' head xD