View Full Version : If you like Zelda..

Bubble
June 26th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Get over here! ZELDA TOPIC WOO!

Anyone here ever played WindWaker?

bouchie
June 26th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Played it. Beat it.

Thinking of downloading emulators to get the old games.

Also tried Twilight Princess. Lot of fun. But still, Ocarina was my favorite out of the ones I've tried.

Bubble
June 26th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Yes, Ocarina and WindWaker are my favorites...

Yes, I play old games

Vexx
June 26th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I love OoT, I've enjoyed Majora's Mask even though I suck horribly at it, and I'm currently pissed off at Wind Waker. I've also played the oracle games on Gameboy.
:'D I've got Saria's Ocarina. I love it.

rzm61
June 26th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Was I the only one who was incredibly disappointed by Twilight Princess?

Possibly.
I didn't go in with a lot of expectations, other then playing with the wii-mote. I was satisfied with the game....I need to play it more though. :\

Vexx
June 26th, 2008, 05:10 AM
i didn't like TP at all, myself. They didn't stick to the traditional Link, the people were horribly made -in my opinion- and I wanted to boot Midna in the head.
Replaced that horrible screaming Navi with some shadow creature with a gigantic pointing HEAD that makes weird noises that aren't even words. Yeah. >.>

rzm61
June 26th, 2008, 11:45 AM
that makes weird noises that aren't even words. Yeah. >.>

Isn't that pretty much everyone in every Zelda game?

soccerdevil
June 26th, 2008, 01:09 PM
i didn't like TP at all, myself. They didn't stick to the traditional Link, the people were horribly made -in my opinion- and I wanted to boot Midna in the head.
Replaced that horrible screaming Navi with some shadow creature with a gigantic pointing HEAD that makes weird noises that aren't even words. Yeah. >.>

Oh, quit (http://www.slide.com/r/yuXHNszb5D9ZXECprai_IHQMnKh5g5eO?previous_view=lt_embedded_url) ur yappin.

[burp]

(http://www.slide.com/r/2NYXN9vm3D87XPqrDrD-nsr-xN_xgRZx?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original)

megolas
June 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM
hmmm zelda...lets see. Ive played as zelda on super smash bros. and thats about it, am i a bad person? lol

Agent J9
June 26th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Get over here! ZELDA TOPIC WOO!

Anyone here ever played WindWaker?

While the Female Zelda is Sexy, i do find that Daisy is the sexiest, & Peach is the 2nd sexiest/something like that, yeah:icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool:

megolas
June 26th, 2008, 02:37 PM
No, it just means you're missing out. If you have a Wii I suggest you download Ocarina of Time on the Virtual Console. It'll be some of the best money you've ever spent. Hopefully Majora's Mask will be released on it too.

Nope i dont have a wii or any console for that matter, well i own a portion of a X360. 3 friends and I bought one for assassins creed and halo 3. Someone was making a Zelda Mod for Half Life 2 which i was really excited about but then guy stopped making it or something :(

Tsar Phalanxia
June 26th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Was I the only one who was incredibly disappointed by Twilight Princess?
First person I've met who said that. I loved TP, beat it in a week though, of intense, INTENSE playing. I loved OOT, and MM, but I felt WW was a bit...empty. PH ws very good, as was Link's Awakening, which was bloody hard. LttP was also good.

Sister Faith
June 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Got into Zelda on the 1st Nintendo console. Had a map drawn out in colored pencil with every bush & stone & secret entrance filled in. Still have it.

Then when OoT came out we used to send the kids to bed early so we could stay up all night playing it. The graphics blew me away. Still does. MM, I didn't like so much. Started it but never finished it.

We got the kid a Wii with TP for his birthday in March. He finished the game in a week. I have yet to have the time to play it. I don't even know how to turn the Wii on.:icon_confused: That will change when I get Need for Speed with the steering wheel control. :icon_cool:

rzm61
June 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I remember I could get done all three stones and possibly finish up the forest temple in OOT in under a day. :D

I still need to finish Twilight Princess though.

Tsar Phalanxia
June 26th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Bah. I'm sure if I didn't have parents I could have completed it whitin two days. I wish it had been harder.

Sister Faith
June 26th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Hah, your kid sucks. I finished TP in 2 days.

Of course, I didn't really sleep during that time, but still! >_>

I'd say he did pretty good seeing as his mother (me) was constantly interrupting him to make him clean his room, take out the garbage, clean the rabbit cage, sit down to dinner or turn the bloody thing off and go read a book &/or go to bed.:icon_cool:

Tsar Phalanxia
June 26th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I dunno. The duel on the bridge is pretty ace. The whole freakin' game is ace.

bouchie
June 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Bah. Nothing beats the Goron Race in Majora's Mask. I only wish it was possible to up the difficulty. MM was way too short. Once you get used to it, you can finish the basic storyline in a day, get all the masks in 2. Although, the deity mask was pretty cool.

Oot - have yet to complete 100% of it (can't find all those spiders). And I only tried the first level of the Master Quest version (much tougher).

Windwaker was fun - the graphics were cute and the fighting could get pretty intense in some places. I haven't found everything in that one either.

TP - still don't get the wolf form.

Tsar Phalanxia
June 26th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah. I think I was too young to appreciate the dark storyline though. I wish I'd been older when I first played it =(

Dr Goofy Mofo
June 26th, 2008, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSdLGn_zuvM

M3Lk0r
June 26th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I really liked a few of them but I wish Nintendo would release them on other platforms.

recently I'm hooked on The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion 4

bouchie
June 26th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I can finish OoT pretty quick as well. Also, MM is only short if you don't count side quests. I love MM because of its story and incredible characters and dark atmosphere, and there are lots of people who think as I do. I'll admit, the psychological aspect (especially the use of the Deity Mask at the end) of it were very unique and did make it stand out, in terms of plot.

In terms of overall gaming experience, I found OoT to be much better. However, my only real complaint about Majora's mask was that it was too short, even with the side-quests. I think one more level would have made it that much better.

Bubble
June 26th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Only reason I don't like MM is because of the time limit. Sure, you can set it back to Day 1, but then you have to refill Bombs, Arrows, Rupees, etc. Then comes the problem of save checkpoints, they're a pain in the ass.

I liked WindWaker for two reasons:

It has some of my favorite characters in it (Medli, Makar, KoRL, Laruto)

And there are so many secrets in it. I have yet to visit every islet in the game.

However, I dislike it for two reasons:

My two LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTERS IN THE WHOLE FREAKING SERIES are in WindWaker (Komali [for being whiny and sending Link into a volcano to battle an enormous lava scorpion] and Tetra [for just being a douchebag and firing Link out of a catapult.])

And traveling around the sea, changing the winds, etc. is a pain.

bouchie
June 27th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Only reason I don't like MM is because of the time limit. Sure, you can set it back to Day 1, but then you have to refill Bombs, Arrows, Rupees, etc. Then comes the problem of save checkpoints, they're a pain in the ass. I hope you know how to slow down time, right?

And there are so many secrets in it. I have yet to visit every islet in the game. The 50 level cavern one was the best! But still haven't found all the secrets and heart pieces and the like.

Tsar Phalanxia
June 27th, 2008, 07:47 AM
It has some of my favorite characters in it (Medli, Makar, KoRL, Laruto)

Makar filled me with a loathing hatred. The guy's a retard! I like the two old brothers though, and a lot of the minor characters are ace, like the Eskimo.

Bubble
June 27th, 2008, 01:07 PM
But what do you think of Medli?

And yes Bouchie, I know how to slow down time, makes it more tolerable but it's still annoying.

bouchie
June 27th, 2008, 04:02 PM
And yes Bouchie, I know how to slow down time, makes it more tolerable but it's still annoying. Yeah, it can get annoying.

I had to ask. My brother had a similar complaint when he played it. However, he didn't know about the slowing of time trick.

Which is odd because he figured how to get through the Shadow Temple in Oot way before me.

Tsar Phalanxia
June 27th, 2008, 06:05 PM
The Shadow Temple was scary =(