View Full Version : Promote Us Page

rzm61
August 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Curious, is there any way an admin can change the 'Promote Us' page? Or is that all up to Matt?

If an admin (other then Matt) is able to make some changes, can we also add HTML tags to the banners avaliabe on that page?

This thread stemmed from this one:
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4034

Vexx
August 4th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Sadly, I think only Matt can do anything regarding the main site....

rzm61
August 4th, 2008, 07:43 PM
That's what I figured.

Thanks for getting back to me Vexx. Maybe I'll drop him an e-mail or write on this wall, cause by the time he gets back here this thread will probably be buried.

Also Goofy was asking about you today.

Vexx
August 4th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah...I'm hoping at some point he can have someone be able to edit a few little things here and there on that site, but who knows.

Oh really? Asking what about me? The fact that I seemed to have disappeared off the face of the planet? :'D

Dr Goofy Mofo
August 4th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah...I'm hoping at some point he can have someone be able to edit a few little things here and there on that site, but who knows.

Oh really? Asking what about me? The fact that I seemed to have disappeared off the face of the planet? :'D

Well i disapeared then you did then I came back and was like wtf..
fucking kangaroos! welcome back!

Vexx
August 4th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Well, I check in every so often and whatnot.....just can't seem to find anything to say. x.x

Dr Goofy Mofo
August 4th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Well, I check in every so often and whatnot.....just can't seem to find anything to say. x.x

Yea that can happen. I need to write for the da it has been a while.

tagnostic
August 5th, 2008, 12:57 PM

but we miss you when your gone
:(

Vexx
August 5th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Y'know Tag, sometimes I feel like just reaching through the screen and huggin yah! :'D

i'm not really gone.....just not saying anything!

Loki
August 5th, 2008, 06:12 PM
What *Promote Us* Page?

This one or one I've completely missed?

Hiya Vexx :D

EDIT: OK, got it. Ooops - I don't think I've looked at that :D

rzm61
August 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
What *Promote Us* Page?

This one or one I've completely missed?

Hiya Vexx :D

EDIT: OK, got it. Ooops - I don't think I've looked at that :D

:icon_confused:

Wow Loki, and how long have you been here? :icon_razz:

Loki
August 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
:icon_confused:

Wow Loki, and how long have you been here? :icon_razz:

I know :D I just jump into the forum. I don't even bother with Admin Control Thingie unless I have to.

I can't see any way for me to add the html version to the Promo bit, sorry.

Forum-wise all the admins have pretty much the same access control now.

Matt, obviously, has full access to everything.

Do you want to e-mail Matt or do you want me to do it? I'm easy :D

rzm61
August 5th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Do you want to e-mail Matt or do you want me to do it? I'm easy :D

Doesn't matter who does it.
I'm getting ready to drop a comment on his wall on facebook. I just can't do anything till I get home, and even still......remembering to follow through is the problem.

Dr Goofy Mofo
August 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
we will just have to hunt him down and make him... so who lives closest to him in canada?

rzm61
August 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Either Sister or Bouchie.

Maybe I should take a trip up to Canada and find him. :icon_lol:

.........do you need a passport to go into Canada?

Johnny Wadd
August 5th, 2008, 11:27 PM
can please fix me to say (in pursuit of Grooveology) so i be extra loved too. danka

Vexx
August 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Wrong thread to be posting in, Johnny....and if anything should change, it should be your lack of grammar...

rzm61
August 5th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Don't pick on the little retard.

He needs love too.

Vexx
August 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I just had a look at him....Apparently from the Netherlands? Maybe uses a translator?

rzm61
August 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM
And Rimmer is from Sweden, he doesn't have any trouble.

I believe Geoff is from Poland, right? He doesn't have any trouble.

He's just stupid, and you can't fix that.

Edit:
So I found a Johnny Wadd (http://a355.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/81/l_23ed99c9c4c339f6c7dfecf5189bfc22.jpg) off myspace.
From New Jersey?

Dr Goofy Mofo
August 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Johnny is just being so mean. Oh well that is life.

rzm61
August 5th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Probably cause he's busy being sodomized.

That would explain his horrible grammar. :icon_lol:

Loki
August 5th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Johnny is just being so mean. Oh well that is life.

Yeah - what a bastard eh?

And to think he'd pick on us lot! For shame...

rzm is just jealous 'cos he doesn't have the man-bulbs to cope with the banzoids :D

You get used to it mate :D

If you wannabe - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_fm86n9SEA

try it some time. It's fun :D

rzm61
August 5th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I'm jealous of who with the what now?

tagnostic
August 6th, 2008, 05:49 AM
i will say this
once again,
i don't like the idea
of over promoting
we get enough
spammers and
morons as it is.

word of mouth(email)
is more than enough
quality not quantity

jmho

sailor
August 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM
i will say this
once again,
i don't like the idea
of over promoting
we get enough
spammers and
morons as it is.

word of mouth(email)
is more than enough
quality not quantity

jmho

Oh, hell ya, tag.

I'll take some quality
over quantity
Any day, man ->
Any day.

The Good Reverend Roger
August 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Can't we just have a jihad?

rmw
August 10th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Can't we just have a jihad?

No--jihad requires entirely too much effort.

Loki
August 10th, 2008, 11:00 PM
No--jihad requires entirely too much effort.

Yeah - what she said!

rmw
August 11th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah - what she said!

TGRR--don't take my previous comment to mean you can't go on a jihad. Just don't expect anybody else here to get off our asses to aid you in your holy quest.

The Good Reverend Roger
August 11th, 2008, 01:29 AM
TGRR--don't take my previous comment to mean you can't go on a jihad. Just don't expect anybody else here to get off our asses to aid you in your holy quest.

Oh, well, then.

I shall storm the Bastille myself.

See if I give any of you fuckers any of the swag.

rmw
August 11th, 2008, 01:37 AM
See if I give any of you fuckers any of the swag.

Damn. Oh well. Family Guy beckons.

sailor
August 12th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Your whiny stories of Church of Google (http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/arguments.html) promotion have become most tiresome.

Now is the time in CoG vhen ve dance! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLa_zdpUyP8&feature=related)

The Good Reverend Roger
August 15th, 2008, 03:56 AM
So, anyway, here's a flyer I wrote in hopes of starting a Jihad against myself. Should do well in the bible belt.

There is a danger to our nation, and our very way of life, that lurks just beneath the radar of ordinary society...An organization of chaos-worshippers which has as its goal nothing less than the utter destruction of the American way of life.

These degenerates call themselves “Discordians”, and they openly admit that they worship a pagan Goddess by the name of Eris. Eris was, as those with a classical education will know, an evil crone who was associated with Ares, the Greek god of war. In mythology, Eris was prone to destroying civilizations for her own amusement (The Trojan War was - in legend - started by her, simply because she wasn’t invited to a party).

Wikipedia states: Discordianism recognizes chaos, discord, and dissent as valid and desirable qualities, in contrast with most religions, which idealize harmony and order.

Wikipedia also states that the exact number and organization of these deviants are unknow.

Are these the kind of people we want running around loose? Their idea of “worship” is, according to their own website (http://principiadiscordia.com), playing stupid pranks and vandalizing things, and their stated goal is the destruction of our nation and all “normals” and “merehumes” (“mere humans”) they can catch. If you are unconvinced, check out the forums at the site. These are not just another group of neo-hippies or “pagans”, they are a genuine threat to America as a Christian nation...or a nation at all.

Write your congressman, your senator, and/or the editor of your local paper and demand that something be done about this menace. It’s bad enough that we have to deal with foreign terrorists out to end our way of life, but now we have a menace lurking like a snake in the grass, composed of our own “citizens”...as if anyone intent on the demolition of a nation can be called a citizen of that nation. They must be rooted out and exposed, before they destroy us all.