View Full Version : Hello all!

Itherian
August 13th, 2008, 01:41 AM
My name is Itherian, though many friends call me Ithy.

The story of how I stumbled upon thechurchofgoogle.org is, to me at least, an interesting story.

I have been a gamer for the majority of my life, and as such I have come to allways rely on Google for any information I might need pertaining to the gaming world, as well as my own real world. My role in the current game I am playing is that of a leader. And as such it is my responsability to assure that the players who place their loyalty in me, have any questions answered correctly.

No one knows everything, and when a question came up that I could not answer, my immediate response would be, "Google it!" Well after several months of using this scapegoat for my ignorance I picked up a saying, "There should be a religion around Google." So after while of my saying this on a regular basis, one of my guildies suggested that I Google search it!

So here I am, an Athiest who has never really found a religion that doesnt have the "Southern Baptist" type of anger around it and having found Googlism has honestly made me seriously consider picking up a belief again.

Though I must say that a religion that is not centered around a sentient being has definatly thrown me off, I may come to embrace this religion.

tagnostic
August 13th, 2008, 01:58 AM
welcome to the CoG

the only religion
thats not
religous

Dr Goofy Mofo
August 13th, 2008, 01:58 AM
Welcome to CoG!

rzm61
August 13th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Welcome to the CoG there Itherian.

Hope you do plan on staying. :D

Booty
August 13th, 2008, 08:29 AM
My name is Itherian, though many friends call me Ithy.

The story of how I stumbled upon thechurchofgoogle.org is, to me at least, an interesting story.

I have been a gamer for the majority of my life, and as such I have come to allways rely on Google for any information I might need pertaining to the gaming world, as well as my own real world. My role in the current game I am playing is that of a leader. And as such it is my responsability to assure that the players who place their loyalty in me, have any questions answered correctly.

No one knows everything, and when a question came up that I could not answer, my immediate response would be, "Google it!" Well after several months of using this scapegoat for my ignorance I picked up a saying, "There should be a religion around Google." So after while of my saying this on a regular basis, one of my guildies suggested that I Google search it!

So here I am, an Athiest who has never really found a religion that doesnt have the "Southern Baptist" type of anger around it and having found Googlism has honestly made me seriously consider picking up a belief again.

Though I must say that a religion that is not centered around a sentient being has definatly thrown me off, I may come to embrace this religion.

Hey - if you want a sentient being you can always try Pastafarianism - lots of us hang around here too - it is great - we get a heaven with beer volcanoes and a stripper factory! Our God is the Flying Spaghetti Monster - he is mostly sentient - when he is sober enough! ;)
www.venganza.org
Hi and welcome!

TheMelonofTruth
August 13th, 2008, 09:46 AM
And Googlism welcomes ye. Also consider starting a Wall-E religion. (I should probably keep all my Wall-E talk to the thread I already started.)

Lilith
August 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Welcome! Sit down and stay, it's fun here :)

Hey - if you want a sentient being you can always try Pastafarianism - lots of us hang around here too - it is great - we get a heaven with beer volcanoes and a stripper factory! Our God is the Flying Spaghetti Monster - he is mostly sentient - when he is sober enough! ;)
www.venganza.org
Hi and welcome!

RAmen, Booty! ;)
If you want answers, you are better on with google, but if you want fun, food and fink...eh drink, look up the FSM :D
Well, I have to admit giving answers and having fun is both very unlike any former gods...

Sister Faith
August 14th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Welcome Itherian.

Googlism is as good as any other religion to embrace. There is the same amount of BS, just that we are not required to take it seriously.

Have fun. :icon_cool:

The_wrench_Ninja
August 14th, 2008, 04:10 AM
I laughed when I read this.... Because..... This is more or less the same exact chain of events that caused me to join the CoG just a few days ago. XD

Booty
August 14th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I laughed when I read this.... Because..... This is more or less the same exact chain of events that caused me to join the CoG just a few days ago. XD
If you were religious you would be praising god for that! :icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol:

Lilith
August 14th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Welcome Itherian.

Googlism is as good as any other religion to embrace. There is the same amount of BS, just that we are not required to take it seriously.

Have fun. :icon_cool:

LOL! You got the point exactly! :D

P.S. I like your signature-quote ;)