View Full Version : Google related web-based story I'm writing

lancemiller777
August 14th, 2008, 09:29 PM
First, this is not spam. I promise the content of the URL is about Google in a sci-fi sort of way.

I'm writing a hybrid book that is also a programming project running on Google App Engine. I've got only an Intro and Chapters 2008 and 2009, but the story will go way beyond the almost dry academic tone of these pages to even include Zombies, the Ramtha Cult, at least.

Here is the "book", and the page especially about Google more than the others: http://feedingforward.appspot.com/?page=2009

Feedback is welcome, either through this forum postings or my email on that page.
-Lance

Sister Faith
August 20th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Hi Lance,

Interesting ideas (as usual!). However, would humans that far in the future still be using hydro power? If it was post-apocalyptic, perhaps.

Wouldn't humans have found a power source other than the planet's finite resources by then, given their super computing abilities? :icon_cool:

jon_hill987
August 20th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I'm with Sister Faith on this one, Zero point energy might be possible in the future, and before that we will have nuclear fusion.

lancemiller777
August 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Good points about humans far in the future using energy not coming from Earth's finite resources.

In my story, the chapters are also actual years. So the 2009 entry shows the current way we power giant server farms, by showing the actual dam that powers Googles largest server project.

In terms of bizarre futurism, my story is starting out without a lot of floating cities and humans mutated into cyborgs because it has to start where we are now, in 2008. The stuff I've said 2008-2010 are going to be the "intellectual"
and factual backdrop for the rest of the book.