PDA

View Full Version : HIV Cure

sudikics
August 17th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Local News Report (http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stories/072908kvuehivbreakthrough-cb.14e217f8.html)
Physorg Report (http://www.physorg.com/news135360794.html)
Wikipedia Report (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abzyme)

Basically, some doctors in Houston have isolated a sall region of the connector site on HIV which cannot mutate, or otherwise the virus would fail. They also grew a batch of abzymes, and basically can now destroy HIV.

Human testing will begin shortly. It's already passed animal testing with flying colors.

It's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

The Good Reverend Roger
August 17th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Local News Report (http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stories/072908kvuehivbreakthrough-cb.14e217f8.html)
Physorg Report (http://www.physorg.com/news135360794.html)
Wikipedia Report (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abzyme)

Basically, some doctors in Houston have isolated a sall region of the connector site on HIV which cannot mutate, or otherwise the virus would fail. They also grew a batch of abzymes, and basically can now destroy HIV.

Human testing will begin shortly. It's already passed animal testing with flying colors.

It's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

God's gonna be PISSED.

GeoffBoulton
August 17th, 2008, 07:41 AM
God's gonna be PISSED.

Thank God God gave us scientists! :icon_lol: It's kind of ironic that God chose Texas, one of the mainstays of religious bigotry and the home of the 'holy' Bush, to be the place where the discovery was made. Maybe God does have a sense of humour after all. Suck on that fundies!

GeoffBoulton
August 17th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I'd like to go to all the religious nuts out there right now saying that we shouldn't cure STDs because it "discourages young people from having sex" and giving them a huge slap in the face with this information. I'd also like to give them a huge slap in the face with my fist while I'm at it.

Religious nuts love making people suffer. If you aren't suffering what's there to be 'saved' from? :icon_lol:

Tsar Phalanxia
August 17th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Yay! That's made my day ^_^

LastLordOfTheSevenTowers
August 17th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Thank God God gave us scientists! :icon_lol: It's kind of ironic that God chose Texas, one of the mainstays of religious bigotry and the home of the 'holy' Bush, to be the place where the discovery was made. Maybe God does have a sense of humour after all. Suck on that fundies!

Of course Google has a sense of humor!

This is great.

tagnostic
August 17th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Of course Google has a sense of humor!

This is great.

a sense of humor
or
a sense of rumor
:icon_eek:

The Good Reverend Roger
August 17th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I'd like to go to all the religious nuts out there right now saying that we shouldn't cure STDs because it "discourages young people from having sex" and giving them a huge slap in the face with this information. I'd also like to give them a huge slap in the face with my fist while I'm at it.

They're just thinking of the children.

Why can't you think of the children? You're one of those liberal secularists that want to vaccinate women against that virus that makes their uterus fall out, right? Thanks to people like you, 5th graders are having oral sex, because Clinton did.

Or words to that effect.

Can only keep a straight face so long.

Thank God God gave us scientists! :icon_lol:

It is too early in the morning for me to deal with a conundrum like that. :icon_evil:

Stop hating America.

TGRR

rmw
August 17th, 2008, 07:34 PM
But if we cure HIV/AIDS, then how will God punish the gays? :icon_rolleyes:
(Although with that logic, the entire fucking continent of Africa must be populated with nothing but flaming drag queens.)

-۞-
August 17th, 2008, 07:40 PM
If God hadn't meant us to fuck with stuff he wouldn't have given us such large prefrontal lobes and a cerebral cortex.

rmw
August 17th, 2008, 09:23 PM
If God hadn't meant us to fuck with stuff he wouldn't have given us such large prefrontal lobes and a cerebral cortex.

No, no, no! We're supposed to use our large brains to ponder the greatness of god. Not do things like find cures for HIV or cancer. Those are punishments for using our large brains on things other than god. It's in the bible. Near the back. ;)

The Good Reverend Roger
August 17th, 2008, 09:38 PM
They're just thinking of the children.

Why can't you think of the children? You're one of those liberal secularists that want to vaccinate women against that virus that makes their uterus fall out, right? Thanks to people like you, 5th graders are having oral sex, because Clinton did.

Or words to that effect.

Can only keep a straight face so long.

It is too early in the morning for me to deal with a conundrum like that. :icon_evil:

Stop hating America.

TGRR

Thanks for fucking with my posts, Jon, you screwed up little monkey problem, you!

:icon_lol:

-۞-
August 18th, 2008, 04:46 AM
No, no, no! We're supposed to use our large brains to ponder the greatness of god. Not do things like find cures for HIV or cancer. Those are punishments for using our large brains on things other than god. It's in the bible. Near the back. ;)

If there is a God (and that is very unlikely) he screwed up heavily.
The only consolation is we have is brains big enough to do something about some of the problems the absentee landlord left us with.
I really do think we should stop bickering about whether it is 'right' to 'play God'.

Of course it's right.

Perhaps if a AIDS cure is found the religious lobby will realise that God has had second thoughts on homosexuality being an abomination and has decided we can stick our winkies where ever we like.

The anti-gay thing is the biggest give away I know that God is the confection of mens minds. No real supreme being would really get so excited about what we do with our genitals. That is such a give away.

Tsar Phalanxia
August 18th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I would have thought God would be above watching us screw and telling us off when we don't invite him.

rmw
August 19th, 2008, 12:02 AM
I really do think we should stop bickering about whether it is 'right' to 'play God'.

Of course it's right.

If we hadn't bothered "playing god" we'd still be stuck in the Dark Ages.

Echo
August 19th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I'm extremely excited about this. I've been teaching safe-sex workshops aimed at gay and bi men in small convention centers in Texas for a couple of years. I'm actually from a city that's about 90 miles north of Houston. When the health fair at Angelina College rolled around each year, I was always one of the guys handing out condoms, helping people find the HIV testing booths, and handing out safe-sex literature to anyone who was interested. Upon moving to Ohio, I've hooked up with a handful of people in a couple of Wright State University's gay and lesbian groups. We're working on starting the workshops on campus, but we haven't made any final plans yet.

At the same time, safe sex can only do so much. There will always be people out there having unsafe sex, and safe sex itself is not always 100% effective. Then you have people who received HIV from their mothers, people who contracted it through drug usage, and a handful of those who were infected by other means.

Hell yeah. Take that, horribly devastating diseases. By the way...

Yeah, I would have thought God would be above watching us screw and telling us off when we don't invite him.

Screaming "oh god" in the throes of orgasm does not constitute an invitation!

fagsgetdead
August 21st, 2008, 12:46 AM
I'm extremely excited about this. I've been teaching safe-sex workshops aimed at gay and bi men in small convention centers in Texas for a couple of years. I'm actually from a city that's about 90 miles north of Houston. When the health fair at Angelina College rolled around each year, I was always one of the guys handing out condoms, helping people find the HIV testing booths, and handing out safe-sex literature to anyone who was interested. Upon moving to Ohio, I've hooked up with a handful of people in a couple of Wright State University's gay and lesbian groups. We're working on starting the workshops on campus, but we haven't made any final plans yet.

At the same time, safe sex can only do so much. There will always be people out there having unsafe sex, and safe sex itself is not always 100% effective. Then you have people who received HIV from their mothers, people who contracted it through drug usage, and a handful of those who were infected by other means.

Hell yeah. Take that, horribly devastating diseases. By the way...

Screaming "oh god" in the throes of orgasm does not constitute an invitation!
why in the fuck are you HELPING the faggots?