View Full Version : Google can't be God because you can find bad things

cockadoodlepoo
October 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM
First post!

I see this narrow-minded argument as a refreshing complement. Major religions try to emphasize whether mankind is inherently good or evil.

Google however, is a reflection of the user.

Therefore as a deity, it knows each user as an individual by what they search for instead of trying to change their nature. Therefore there are no pedophiles posing as priests, pedos are pedos, and priests are still parasites.

Glad I found this site, religious fanatics have been running rationality into the ground for far too long.

rzm61
October 15th, 2008, 06:06 PM
First off I would like to say welcome to the CoG!
Hope you plan on sticking around a bit, enjoy it here and feel free to jump right into any discussion you'd like.

Therefore there are no pedophiles posing as priests, pedos are pedos, and priests are still parasites.

Heh, nice touch at the end. :D

cockadoodlepoo
October 15th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I have to do something to waste tax-payers money, might as well have some fun while I'm at it.

Dr Goofy Mofo
October 15th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the site!

The Good Reverend Roger
October 16th, 2008, 04:48 AM
"Google can't be God because you can find bad things"

One would have to assume that God is benevolent for that statement to be true.

Tsar Phalanxia
October 16th, 2008, 10:46 AM
http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-graphs-god-v-satan.jpg
Yeah, Yhwh is a Horrible Bastard.

rzm61
October 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Satan actually killed 10?

Tsar Phalanxia
October 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, and most of them were Job's family.

rzm61
October 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM
:icon_lol:

I need to read up on that.

Tsar Phalanxia
October 16th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Hmm. It's pretty low, being an almighty being, capable of anything, and getting someone else to do the dirty work for you.

cockadoodlepoo
October 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Old testament God was a d-bag.

The Good Reverend Roger
October 17th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Old testament God was a d-bag.

Bollocks. The Old Testament God was one you could understand. Things were clearly spelled out. Plus, he fucked up the Canaanite's shit, and NOBODY likes the Canaanites.

The Good Reverend Roger
October 17th, 2008, 03:30 AM
http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-graphs-god-v-satan.jpg
Yeah, Yhwh is a Horrible Bastard.

Boo yah!

Tsar Phalanxia
October 17th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Bollocks. The Old Testament God was one you could understand. Things were clearly spelled out. Plus, he fucked up the Canaanite's shit, and NOBODY likes the Canaanites.

The Carthaginians did.

The Good Reverend Roger
October 19th, 2008, 12:26 AM
The Carthaginians did.

The Canaanites and the Carthaginians were not contemporaries.

rzm61
October 19th, 2008, 12:35 AM
What about the Carcinogens?

RiotFish
October 19th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Hell, I would say Google is god because I CAN find bad things. Just about all of them in fact, and as far as I'm concerned that's omnibenevolence, bitch.

Tsar Phalanxia
October 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM
The Canaanites and the Carthaginians were not contemporaries.

Carthaginians = Phoenicians = Canaanites.
QED. :icon_cool:

The Good Reverend Roger
October 19th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Carthaginians = Phoenicians = Canaanites.
QED. :icon_cool:

So your arguement is that they WERE contemporaries?

Or is your argument more like Frenchies = Celts = Englishmen?

Tsar Phalanxia
October 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
So your arguement is that they WERE contemporaries?

Or is your argument more like Frenchies = Celts = Englishmen?

No, more like Austrians = Germans = Nordic Peoples

The Good Reverend Roger
October 19th, 2008, 06:27 PM
No, more like Austrians = Germans = Nordic Peoples

Not a valid analogy. Nordic peoples and Austrians existed as contemporaries.

Canaanites and Cathaginians did not.

Tsar Phalanxia
October 19th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Ah, but the Original Austrians spoke Celtic, in fact, they were the Original Celts. After the Roman Empire collapsed, Germanic Tribes settled in Austria. And as the Germanic tribes were originally from the Norse countries, my analogy is valid.

The Good Reverend Roger
October 20th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Ah, but the Original Austrians spoke Celtic, in fact, they were the Original Celts. After the Roman Empire collapsed, Germanic Tribes settled in Austria. And as the Germanic tribes were originally from the Norse countries, my analogy is valid.

And still wrong. How could the Carthinagians "like" the Canaanites, if the Canaanites were gone centuries before Carthage was founded?

Tsar Phalanxia
October 20th, 2008, 09:12 AM
That doesn't stop the Italians from liking the Romans. Tbh, it depends on how much of a connection the Carthaginains had to their Levantine roots.

The Good Reverend Roger
October 22nd, 2008, 04:26 AM
That doesn't stop the Italians from liking the Romans. Tbh, it depends on how much of a connection the Carthaginains had to their Levantine roots.

The Italians HATE the Romans. <--- 169% troof.

top secret
November 9th, 2008, 09:05 PM
First post!

I see this narrow-minded argument as a refreshing complement. Major religions try to emphasize whether mankind is inherently good or evil.

Google however, is a reflection of the user.

Therefore as a deity, it knows each user as an individual by what they search for instead of trying to change their nature. Therefore there are no pedophiles posing as priests, pedos are pedos, and priests are still parasites.

Glad I found this site, religious fanatics have been running rationality into the ground for far too long.

Google is just a search engine and the best one, but withouth internet and other servers and knowlegde, the people get into it will be uselles and of course not to mention his enourmous computing power, but on one side it is indeed very close to god, maybe even closer to god then god himself, becouse it has almost all knowlege of earth and it is made for you for make the questions and get the answers. From the real god you cant expect to get the answers or anything he is realy worthless, but thanks to google and internet, we have a new god, who can give you the answers you are looking for and who really connect people.

Trinexx
November 30th, 2008, 04:15 PM
In regards to the thread title, I'd like to present the OP with Issiah 45:7 and Amos 3:6

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

"Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

Based on this, I propose that Google is in fact more benevolent than God himself. While Google does contain the path to evil, Google does not CREATE evil itself.

Daruko
December 1st, 2008, 03:06 AM
In regards to the thread title, I'd like to present the OP with Issiah 45:7 and Amos 3:6

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

"Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?"

Based on this, I propose that Google is in fact more benevolent than God himself. While Google does contain the path to evil, Google does not CREATE evil itself.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll212/darukomakaruto/hippie.gif

Fallen Hero
December 3rd, 2008, 09:53 AM

See previous statement from someone else.... Old Testament God was a douchebag.

narasha
December 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Google is good. Not all people find bad things in good in fact if you pray it shall do good things :)

In this world there will be the good and there will be the evil. It all depends on how you look at it.

In the bible there are a lot of bad things but those bad things turn out to be good things in the later years.

You cannot become good untill you have done evil. What this is saying is that every human alive has done something bad in there life and we learn from that mistake(most of us do :) ) and instead of doing that bad thing again we do good instead :)