View Full Version : To all Californians: Vote NO on 8!

FaithfulResearcher
October 24th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Hello guys, welcome to the wonderful voting season!

This is pure S***.
Proposition 8 is another example of why we are not a fully secular state as the Founding Fathers would've wanted it and that your rights can always be taken away.

If passed, the proposition would "change the California Constitution to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry in California." A new section would be added stating "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."

I don't see any other type of reason for this than purely religious. These kinds of people pay no taxes so they should have no say in these matters. Isn't religion supposed to stay out of the Government?

To me marriage is when you love someone so much, someone who has no biological relations, that you want to become family with that person.
So why can't it be the same sex or even multiple people?

If you have any homosexuals in your family of have such friends, then you should support same-sex marriage. If not, then why do you give a flying F*** about the affairs of others that do not affect you?

Google has announced their official corporate opposition to Proposition 8, viewing the question "fundamentally as an issue of equality." :icon_cool:

The Mormons have put a LOT of money into this.:barf:
My newspapers have these huge advertisements supporting this.
One of them has a big painting of Jesus dying on a cross and it is supposed to mean that we should be moral and respect tradition.:icon_rolleyes:

When you vote, remember this humorous video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9T7ux8M4Go)

Tsar Phalanxia
October 24th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Vote NO on Twenty Four!
Heh heh, sorry, I had to get that out.
It looks like utter shit. In two decades, we will look back on this, and think "Why did people support it?", and in two centuries, it will be declared a crime against humanity. Time is on our side people, and so are morals.