View Full Version : youtube

Dr Goofy Mofo
October 28th, 2008, 12:58 AM
ok so a forum I am on for debating with a bunch of different people with different ideals has youtube tags.

What it does is it takes in the last part of the url of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzU3NjDikY so you enter in

AJzU3NjDikY and basically it embeds the video into the forum. should not take to much coding but idk it is just an idea.

btw watch the video.

sailor
October 28th, 2008, 05:03 AM
ok so a forum I am on for debating with a bunch of different people with different ideals has youtube tags.

What it does is it takes in the last part of the url of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJzU3NjDikY so you enter in

AJzU3NjDikY and basically it embeds the video into the forum. should not take to much coding but idk it is just an idea.

btw watch the video.

Yay - embedding of videos would be alright, Goofy. Way to be down with that current technorazzi-glow.

Daruko
October 28th, 2008, 07:46 PM
While we're on teh subject of embedding... how about Flash objects eh? ;)

Dr Goofy Mofo
October 28th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Sciky created a Virus in flash, awesome as it was and my forum blocked it from happening when he tried it in phpbb but IDK.

Daruko
October 28th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Sciky created a Virus in flash, awesome as it was and my forum blocked it from happening when he tried it in phpbb but IDK.

No Flash womping for meh. :icon_evil:

Dr Goofy Mofo
October 28th, 2008, 08:30 PM
No Flash womping for meh. :icon_evil:

You could always Gif it!

Daruko
October 28th, 2008, 08:53 PM
You could always Gif it!

yeah, that's what i do... but gif files have their limitations.

no biggie tho.

Dr Goofy Mofo
October 28th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I know I don't like my gifs because they end up makeing the picture look worse... oh well that is life.

Loki
October 28th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Hahahaha - yeah, let's allow the posting of flash obbies :D

LOL :icon_eek:

sudikics
October 29th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Yeah...sorry about that. :rolleyes:

Dr Goofy Mofo
October 29th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Hey it proved that posting it on a forum of that kind would not work. I find it to be a valid test, and heck no one else is using it.

Loki
October 29th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Yeah...sorry about that. :rolleyes:

Don't know what you did but I'd probably be less understanding than Ben.

Dr Goofy Mofo
October 29th, 2008, 01:44 AM
HAHA yea probally but his plan did not work. so it was no biggy.

sudikics
October 29th, 2008, 02:36 AM
For those of you who are curious:

1. The flash "virus" was a 1-by-1 pixel .swf file which updated 60 times per second, and therefore opened a web page 60 times a second. That web page happened to be the web page on which the .swf was embedded, leading to an exponential forking process which eventually crashed the browser. Oh, and di I mention that it opens hundred of rickrolls int he process too? :D

Results:
Firefox blocks the popups, making the "virus" harmless.
Safari just keeps opening new windows, most humorously.
IE, however, is downright amazing. it keeps opening, and opening, and XP keeps letting it takes more and more memory, until the screen starts flickering black and white. I almost died laughing in my chair.

Loki
October 29th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Yeah - hilarious for those who aren't au fait with computers.

No, that was off. I've never resorted to malicious code. And that was!

sudikics
October 29th, 2008, 03:07 AM
And it was only 6 lines of code!

Well, ten, if you count the .vbs script that goes along wiht it....

sailor
November 7th, 2008, 02:43 AM
And it was only 6 lines of code!

Well, ten, if you count the .vbs script that goes along wiht it....

"Can't you tell the difference between the power of the Sheriff, and the power of Walt Disney?"

-- Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace

By Lawrence Lessig

DrM
May 1st, 2009, 02:39 AM
Dude. Video=EPIC.
SOOOOOO TRIPPY!