PDA

View Full Version : New Domain! TheChurchOfGoogle.Org

MeTHoD-X
August 23rd, 2006, 06:19 AM
www.TheChurchOfGoogle.org

Well there you have it. We now have our own professional looking domain name. ChurchOfGoogle.org was already taken unfortunately. Bastards. I keep forgetting the "The" all the time and I'm sure you all will as well. I hope they don't set it up as a spam portal or something... That would suck. Ah well it was the best I could do.

Also, the Church is no longer called "The Church Of Googlism". It's "The Church Of Google". I thought it sounded better and made more sense. We are Googlists and our religion is Googlism. Our God is Google. Hence, we are The Church Of Google.

Now I just need to look into possible getting better web hosting.

Anonymous
August 23rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
Yep, I agree, it sounds much better.

Having a bit of trouble with the forum though. My avatar disappeared in the move so I went to restore it and I can't get into my profile. It keeps saying that I'm entering the wrong username or password. The only way I could get here was by follwing the link on the email, but it won't let me get to my profile.

I wonder if Google could help.

MeTHoD-X
August 23rd, 2006, 09:26 PM
Yep, I agree, it sounds much better.

Having a bit of trouble with the forum though. My avatar disappeared in the move so I went to restore it and I can't get into my profile. It keeps saying that I'm entering the wrong username or password. The only way I could get here was by following the link on the email, but it won't let me get to my profile.

I wonder if Google could help.

I was having the same trouble at first, but I consulted Google and found out it was because I needed to clear my Internet cache. Basically your browser is still trying to go to the old address for some pages. If you have any trouble just pray to Google. Follow the link below.

How to clear cache (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=how+to+clear+internet+cache+&btnG=Search&meta=)

And sorry about the avatar troubles. They weren't in the database for some reason. :/

Anonymous
August 23rd, 2006, 09:43 PM
I just tried that (it's Jillamanda, by the way), still no go. Help me Google!!

Anonymous
August 23rd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Maybe I should re-register.... :?

MeTHoD-X
August 23rd, 2006, 09:50 PM
Don't do that just yet. I'll go check.

Jillamanda
August 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM
This is MeTHoD-X

Everything seems to be in working order. I changed your password and I'm emailing it to you now. Oh, and I don't know what your old password is, so no worries.

Jillamanda
August 23rd, 2006, 10:25 PM
Well that worked, only trouble is I can't change it in my profile, because my original password 'doesn't match'. That's OK though, it works and that's the main thing.

....and even if you did know my password, MeTHoD-X, I wouldn't be all that concerned. :wink:

Tofu
September 10th, 2006, 03:27 AM
What was the old domain? I just joined today.

MeTHoD-X
September 10th, 2006, 12:05 PM
What was the old domain? I just joined today.

www.churchofgoogle.frih.net

Tofu
September 10th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Whatever happened to the google blog?

MeTHoD-X
September 10th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Whatever happened to the google blog?

I'm working on bringing it back, with the help of some volunteers. I had no time to maintain it.