View Full Version : Creative People: TO ME!

shinsukato
December 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I have to do a presentation on the life of Roald Dahl (of 'Matilda' and 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' fame) and it has to be creative.

I am not creative at all and I don't know how to do this in a creative format. My only idea was to write a chlidrens' story about his life, but it turns out EVERYONE did that.

Any creative people out there amongst all you sciencey atheists? ;)

tagnostic
December 16th, 2008, 05:02 PM
do a series of ads
as if he's running for political office
but spin it so he's auditioning for
new parts and those are his
previous positions in office.
ie the office of Childrens Entertainment.

Tsar Phalanxia
December 16th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I could pull out a romping Tuba solo. Bum-bom.

tagnostic
December 16th, 2008, 08:59 PM
hehehe
have you gotten the
plug in for tuba
for guitar hero yet?

Chritter
December 17th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Tags idea is very good!

Or, if you know how to draw at all, you could do a comic of his life, or his career, staging them into little 3 or 4 panel shorts!

But that is only if you know how to draw. Or even if you dont... stick figures man! hahah

shinsukato
December 17th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Ah man, I wish I could draw. Unfortunately being a boring, uncreative person I just don't have it in me.

Sister Faith
December 17th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Ah man, I wish I could draw. Unfortunately being a boring, uncreative person I just don't have it in me.

You don't have to draw. Cut out people, scenes, etc from magazines to create a collage for your panels.

sailor
December 19th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I have to do a presentation on the life of Roald Dahl (of 'Matilda' and 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' fame) and it has to be creative.

Uh-oh... :runs screaming for the exit:

I think you've come to the wrong room.

I am not creative at all and I don't know how to do this in a creative format. My only idea was to write a chlidrens' story about his life, but it turns out EVERYONE did that.Repeat offenders, are they? Well, you'll have to go down a few more doors to the one on the other side of the hall, but we'll place a few monsters in your path so you'll never come back the same.

But...

Any creative people out there amongst all you sciencey atheists? ;)Great wads of silence fell over the forum. And then, a voice.

You don't have to draw. Cut out people, scenes, etc from magazines to create a collage for your panels.

Cute, sis! Then, make your own damn forum... wussy.

winwun
December 19th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Shin, state a fact and then expand on it, in your own words . . .

Example:
He painted his house, and I wonder if he considered color-matching, or if he wanted his home to look like Clown U. ?

He grilled a steak, and if he didn't have an extra bottle of gas on hand, the recent price spike in propane was going to be a shock to him . . .

Just let your imagination run wild and then go in and start editing . . .

sailor
December 19th, 2008, 02:27 PM

I am not creative at all and I don't know how to do this in a creative format. My only idea was to write a chlidrens' story about his life, but it turns out EVERYONE did that.

Any creative people out there amongst all you sciencey atheists? ;)

Why not subvert all that nonsense just suggested and go conceptual on their asses. Just sign his name to a napkin and submit it with a piece of driftwood. Surely they'll understand that as being creative.

tagnostic
December 19th, 2008, 06:11 PM
how about making His Resume'
and turning that in?
most word processors have
resume' templates on them

Sister Faith
December 21st, 2008, 12:17 AM
Uh-oh... :runs screaming for the exit:

I think you've come to the wrong room.

Repeat offenders, are they? Well, you'll have to go down a few more doors to the one on the other side of the hall, but we'll place a few monsters in your path so you'll never come back the same.

But...

Great wads of silence fell over the forum. And then, a voice.

Cute, sis! Then, make your own damn forum... wussy.

Ya know S7S, even in my deepest, foggiest weed-haze I make better sense than that! Wtf have you been smoking and where can I get some? ;)

rzm61
December 22nd, 2008, 01:35 AM
Wtf have you been smoking and where can I get some? ;)

I don't think you want crack Sister.

winwun
December 22nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
I think I am beginning to understand the concept of "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh**":icon_rolleyes:

Sister Faith
December 26th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I think I am beginning to understand the concept of "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh**":icon_rolleyes:

*Applause* :icon_cool:

Tsar Phalanxia
December 27th, 2008, 09:34 PM
RazzleDazzle! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/razzledazzle/)