View Full Version : Hello thar

Xoxo
December 29th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Im totally new here so i thought id introduce myself.

Im 20, from Slovenia, Europe (not slovakia), used to be christian, as most of the european children are labelled as default when they are born for some reason i dont quite understand. Anyway, broke from that farse at the age of 11 when i accidentaly uncovered a flaw (one of many) in some preaching our priest made. He said that when the egyptian girl (im sorry if im not as knowledgeable as most of the people here about the old and new testament but i cant bring myself to read it trough again) found moses in the straw basket, she said "Thank god" ... since we were learning about ancient egypt I asked which god of theirs did she thank ... and he said the christian god which didnt quite compute for me ... I started to question him but all i got in response was the order to go confess since what i did was a sin (WTF).

Anyway, now im here, and the logic of googlism totally works for me :D

rmw
December 29th, 2008, 04:52 PM
... I started to question him but all i got in response was the order to go confess since what i did was a sin (WTF).

Oh no! The child is using logic. Confess or burn forever! I can't blame you for leaving religion with that kind of thinking. Anyway, welcome! Hope you enjoy it here. :)

Daruko
December 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Greetings Xoxo.

xoxoxoxoxo

~Daruko~

Tsar Phalanxia
December 30th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Im totally new here so i thought id introduce myself.

Im 20, from Slovenia, Europe (not slovakia)

Cool. Did you happen to watch the Croatian news on Christmas day? (Just asking, since you're from that area)

as most of the european children are labelled as default when they are born for some reason i dont quite understand.

I'm European, and I was lucky to escape it. It's unfortubnate most others are not so lucky =/

Anyway, broke from that farse at the age of 11 when i accidentaly uncovered a flaw (one of many) in some preaching our priest made. He said that when the egyptian girl (im sorry if im not as knowledgeable as most of the people here about the old and new testament but i cant bring myself to read it trough again) found moses in the straw basket, she said "Thank god" ... since we were learning about ancient egypt I asked which god of theirs did she thank ... and he said the christian god which didnt quite compute for me ... I started to question him but all i got in response was the order to go confess since what i did was a sin (WTF).

Oh sweet, that's an awesome way to find atheism. And I'm not as knowledgeable on the Bible as most other people (Growing up in Belfast to agnostic parents, not being able to name a single book of the Bible led to mischief :D )

Great! I hope you stick around.
Btw, where did the name Xoxo come from?

Xoxo
December 30th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Er, no i havent watched the croatian news on christmas, what were you interested in knowing ??

And myeah, i usually use the handle progre2 but just decided to go with my WoW characters nickname for some reason this time :) Dont judge me cuz im a geek :P

Daruko
December 30th, 2008, 09:41 PM
:) Dont judge me cuz im a geek :P

Even if the judging is in your favor? :D

Tsar Phalanxia
December 30th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Er, no i havent watched the croatian news on christmas, what were you interested in knowing ??

We got mentioned on Croatian National TV on Christmas Day :D Also, since you're from Slovenia, I knew that was reasonably close (Hell, you're next to each other!) so I thought there might be a chance you chanced upon the news.

And myeah, i usually use the handle progre2 but just decided to go with my WoW characters nickname for some reason this time :) Dont judge me cuz im a geek :P

Xoxo is cool actually, I like it. Oh, and Phalanxia was my WoW handle as well (Level 70 Dwarf Pally, Holy/Ret spec), and I got elected Tsar ^_^`

Chritter
December 31st, 2008, 07:07 AM

Welcome to the CoG, Hugs and kisses!

Yes, that is longer to type, but dang it I like being difficult!

Xoxo
December 31st, 2008, 11:29 AM
Even if the judging is in your favor? :D

Then judge me unendingly :P

We got mentioned on Croatian National TV on Christmas Day Also, since you're from Slovenia, I knew that was reasonably close (Hell, you're next to each other!) so I thought there might be a chance you chanced upon the news.

No, I dont really watch their news, or any news broadcasted on TV for that matter since with that internetz and all that i dont really watch much tv :)

Btw, i know itll sound corny but yer the first person ever to know the exact location of slovenia lol :) *cheer*

Oh and PS: I CAN HAZ A HORDE PRIEST! you die dwarfling

Tsar Phalanxia
December 31st, 2008, 11:59 AM
Nice. I'm good with my location of places.

Oh, and if you're holy, I'd murder you. If you're shadow, I'm running for my life :D

Xoxo
December 31st, 2008, 01:18 PM
Discipline ... start running

Daruko
December 31st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Discipline

Yes.... Discipline. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8klW9trVTQ)

Tsar Phalanxia
December 31st, 2008, 02:38 PM
Discipline ... start running

Discipline? *Jumps onto feet*
I'm gonna eat you alive, biatch!

Discipline
Change in plan, HEAD FOR THE HILLS

Sister Faith
January 2nd, 2009, 01:25 AM
I started to question him but all i got in response was the order to go confess since what i did was a sin (WTF).

Having an inquiring mind is a sin now? :icon_eek: How can mainstream religions deny that they are trying to stifle free thinking in our children?! :icon_evil:

Well, thank Google you were able to come to your senses before it was too late. ;)

Welcome Xoxo. I hope you enjoy a very long stay here. :icon_cool:

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 5th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Welcome to the CoG! Hope you stay and hae some fun!

Loki
January 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hi :D