View Full Version : Movies That Make Us Lose Faith in Society

Eric
January 3rd, 2009, 07:16 AM
The other day I was browsing my local Blockbuster and noticed a movie entitled American Poop. It just made me shake my head and wonder whether Hollywood was capable of making decent movies anymore (then I noticed The Dark Knight and felt better :D). Anywho, there are plenty of depressingly, hilariously terrible movies. What are some of your "favorites?"

rzm61
January 3rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Don't forget, not all movies are 'hollywood' movies.

But if you wanna talk about hilariously terrible movies, check out Hears of Fire. It's hard to find. I keep trying to find a torrent of it, but no luck.

tagnostic
January 3rd, 2009, 09:36 AM
some friend's of mine
have a contest to find
the best/worst grade B

if you want to go there

the masters touch
iron horseman
a mission to kill
Secret files USA (Alan Alda, pre Mash)

Tsar Phalanxia
January 3rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
I lost faith in Hollywood when Ratatouille picked up Best Animated Feature at Hollywood rather than Persepolis. That was shameful.

rmw
January 3rd, 2009, 01:37 PM
Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Gratuitious violence for the sake of gratuitious violence. :icon_rolleyes:

Eric
January 3rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
Silent Night Deadly Night 2 was also terribly hilarious. Enter "Garbage Day!" in YouTube and you'll find the most memorable scene there.

Also Shark Attack 3: Megaladon. There's a really random line in there where this guy says "Why don't I take you home and eat your pussy?" Mind you this is a made for TV movie. Apparently the actor said it to make the actress laugh but the filmmakers were so lazy they kept it in there.

tagnostic
January 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
attack of the killer tomato's
&
night of the lupus

classic's

rzm61
January 4th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I lost faith in Hollywood when Ratatouille picked up Best Animated Feature at Hollywood rather than Persepolis. That was shameful.

How about that fucking hollywood Chihuahua movie? :icon_rolleyes:

Tsar Phalanxia
January 4th, 2009, 09:23 PM
That didn't win an Oscar. Ratatouille was at least as stupid, and the only reason it won was because the Americans couldn't bear the thought of an Iranian film beating Pixar.

rmw
January 4th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Wall-E. Let me clarify that: I loved the movie--I thought it was done in an original way (main characters that didn't talk) and it had a good message. However, that message of the wastefulness of American/western society was pretty much lost in the marketing blitz.

tagnostic
January 4th, 2009, 09:32 PM
rofl
ferngully?

tagnostic
January 4th, 2009, 09:46 PM
bambi vs godzilla

sudikics
January 4th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Rimmer: can you give a us rough plot idea, to prevent me from Googling it? I'd rather not Google it.

rmw
January 4th, 2009, 10:41 PM
rofl
ferngully?

Yep. "Save the environment! Buy our crap!" :icon_rolleyes:

Eric
January 5th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Yep. "Save the environment! Buy our crap!" :icon_rolleyes:
I personally loved WALL-E. It's one of my favorite movies.

rmw
January 5th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I personally loved WALL-E. It's one of my favorite movies.

Like I said, I did enjoy WALL-E. I just find it ironic that its message got lost in Disney's own consumeristic hype.

rzm61
January 5th, 2009, 03:16 AM
I just find it ironic that its message got lost in Disney's own consumeristic hype.

Found that to be a bit hilarious actually.

Eric
January 5th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Like I said, I did enjoy WALL-E. I just find it ironic that its message got lost in Disney's own consumeristic hype.

Yeah... that's true and very disappointing. At least it worked much better than Ferngully, as I believe someone pointed out earlier.

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I have never seen a movie to make me lose faith in the movie industry unless you mean MK 2.

Eric
January 5th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I have never seen a movie to make me lose faith in the movie industry unless you mean MK 2.

Yes, yes I do mean MK 2. :D

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 5th, 2009, 10:17 PM
That was jus really bad! I am a movie buff, I love movies but who ever made that asked for really bad acting. But there are movies that have bad names that are good.

Eric
January 5th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Haha I think that movie has the infamous quote:

Kitana: Mother! You're alive!
Sindel: Too bad *you*... will DIE!
:D