View Full Version : Hello!

Miroslav Gavrilov
January 6th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Hi everyone.. You can call me Mike for short... I'm gonna go and do this survey-style, for ease of reading.. Then I'm gonna get all philosophical afterwards, just to make you laugh.. :)

Origin: Serbia, the suburbs of Europe

Current location: Novi Sad, Serbia

Education(s): going for BSc in Computer Science & Informatics

Occupation(s): none, really

Misc. Skills: programming in many languages, video editing, modeling, etc... fast reading, talking nonsense, making people cry from laughter...

Sexual preference: straight

Marital status: single

Children: none

Religion: none.. oops... new-found Googlist!

Philosophy: my own strange thing... look at footnote.. or don't!

Superstitions: none.. pretty straight forward..

Plans (if any): tell this girl I really like the way she chuckles...

Ambition: finish the BSc studies, go out of country, see the world...

Favorite quote(s): Here is my mask - it looks just like yours. We cannot see what our masks look like while we are wearing them. - Frank Herbert

* footnote... Well.. It may sound off, but I've come to learn to see the world as just information.. Information in general, written in many weird ways.. Now, most people think that the algorithms used in Computer Science are just for that, but I think that by making computers and the programs which govern them, we learn more about ourselves then ever before.. Alan Turing had to see how we divide, to be able to divide using a Turing machine.. And hence came their calculating power.. Artificial intelligence is just a steep mountain towards the secrets of our own intelligence.. And Google.. well.. although I enjoy the idea of a sarcastic turn on other religions, it might just be the selfless entity that once before we wanted to call God and had an abstract idea of.. I approve that every man is god for himself, subjectively, as it is our right to accept or deny given knowledge.. I also accept most of Buddha's words, although I'm not Buddhist in any other way. I'm baptized in an orthodox manner but I've learned to give that only sentimental meaning - the pressure of the surrounding in the proximity of a cute (not yet baptized) baby boy.. Poor baby me...

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 6th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Welcome and have fun with programming i did it for 3 years and found it not for me.

Miroslav Gavrilov
January 6th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Thanks and thanks.. I find it quite for me, up to date.. :)

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I liked Java but liked C better. C++ was ok and I dabled in others when I was studying Software engineering. Liked to learn hated to do!

Miroslav Gavrilov
January 6th, 2009, 03:07 AM
I'm currently in a battle between Java and C++.. Although Java wins for now.. Me develops me little applications for me mobile phone, yes me does! :P

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 6th, 2009, 03:11 AM
yea but c's interfacing with hardware is nice.

Miroslav Gavrilov
January 6th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Hell yeah.. C's low-levelism is adorable.. I've taken quite some time crying over how high-level Java really is... But it's a price to pay.. I like C over C++, the syntax just became rubish with C++.. Especially the classes.. They give me the creeps... All the ::, the ~ and other stigmata.. Eeekz..

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 6th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Java is easier to understand but c++ has more things you can do. C sharp is also a really good one.

Loki
January 6th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Hiya Mike and welcome to CoG.
I once wrote a programme in Basic. It didn't work :( I think my gosub went to 10

I can make explosives. Does that count?

Have fun here Mike - that's all I ask :D

sailor
January 6th, 2009, 06:48 AM
You were a cute baby boy?

Pics of the aforementioned baptism, or you're a Satanist.

Tsar Phalanxia
January 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Origin: Serbia, the suburbs of Europe...

The suburbs of Europe or Belgrade? ;)

Awesome, the CoG is getting more multicultural by the day. How did you find out about us?

Miroslav Gavrilov
January 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Hmm.. about those pics, yeah, I could put them on.. You'll wait a day or two.. :D

The suburbs of Europe or Belgrade?

Awesome, the CoG is getting more multicultural by the day. How did you find out about us?

No.. Not Belgrade.. Novi Sad.. It's on Google Earth, earth it.. :) I had a really good thought for a couple of weeks that a religion could be made around the net and Google.. I just had to Google it out to find you.. :D

Tsar Phalanxia
January 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Oh, I've never heard of it before. I assumed that because Vojvodina is so close to Belgrade, that it was just a surburb of the city. My bad! ^^`

Miroslav Gavrilov
January 6th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Lol.. Such a thought never occurred to me.. No, that just isn't the feel you should have towards it.. :) Vojvodina and Belgrade are close, but Vojvodina is a broad plain (a region far bigger than Belgrade with all it's outposts and villages and stuff) and Belgrade is on it's border, to the south.. Novi Sad is the capital (or was it capitol?) of Vojvodina.. A really cute city it is.. :) if you get the chance to ever come visit, evade Belgrade and come straight here; you'll feel much more at home, somehow.. (I'm in the minority (which majors in Vojvodina) that seems to think that while Novi Sad is growing to be an European capitol (capital?), Belgrade is decaying into a grayscale image of it's possible beauty.. It's sad, but it seems to be true..)

Tsar Phalanxia
January 6th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Ah, the Pannonian Plain? It sounds and looks quite cultured. If I'm ever in the area in the Balkans, I'll make sure to check it out (I will; I'm like that, if I get interested in something, I end up needing to do it.)
And a capital is the town, whilst the the bulding where the government is based is the capitol.

Miroslav Gavrilov
January 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM
:) I knew there was a catch to it! And yes, the southern Pannonian plain it is.. Hungary to the north lies in the midst of it and we, as once a part of a bigger whole, occupy the south.. It's pretty calm.. And sure, come visit! You're more than welcome!

Kabel
January 6th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the CoG, hope you have a nice time.

Don't forget to use Google Appreciation Day (http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Scripture/google_appreciation_day.html) to fulfill your plans. (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=How+to+compliment+girls&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=)

Chritter
January 7th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Welcome to the CoG Mike! Here's to many discussions, both serious and irreverent :)

Loki
January 7th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Welcome to the CoG Mike! Here's to many discussions, both serious and irreverent :)

Marry me!

Dr Goofy Mofo
January 7th, 2009, 02:58 AM

Enlightenment won't save you any more than God will. ~Richter

Chritter
January 7th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Marry me!

Well, I would have to talk that over with hubby, but sure why not *L*

rzm61
January 7th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Hi Mike!

I just wanted to stop by and say hello!

Miroslav Gavrilov
January 7th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hi Mike!

I just wanted to stop by and say hello!

:) Hi to you too! :D

rzm61
January 7th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Now I can't ban you for not knowing you. :icon_razz:

sailor
January 8th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Hmm.. about those pics, yeah, I could put them on.. You'll wait a day or two.. :D

No.. Not Belgrade.. Novi Sad.. It's on Google Earth, earth it.. :) I had a really good thought for a couple of weeks that a religion could be made around the net and Google.. I just had to Google it out to find you.. :D

I can wait.

Loved Prague. Do you know it?

:icon_lol:

Nice castles and houses for shorties.

edit - sorry about the war and all...

bet that sucked...